Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Shadow Over Newcrest: The Challenge and the Blog (UPDATED 9/25/2017)

15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
IMPORTANT UPDATE 9/25/2017
This thread has moved! Go here for the most current iteration: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/925657/the-shadow-over-newcrest-revised-story-blog/p1?new=1 (seriously. There are spoilers below!)

UPDATE 9/22/2017
Dear friends,
While I still hope to maintain this thread, I will be posting the updated version of this story here, along with all future updates:
https://rendorasims.wordpress.com/
A lot of the character information below is spoiler-y and out-of-date, so read on at your own risk! I suggest starting with this post:

UPDATE 9/19/2017

Note: After all the building is complete, I will no longer be updating this thread. I will create a new, discussion-type thread on this forum and move the story elsewhere. For the moment, it's in a very unfinished state, but I hope to remedy that by the end of today.

Hello everyone! I'm Rendora. I wanted some place to put this massive City Building / Kid Raising challenge I've been cooking up, as well as document my progress. Now that I've achieved my true form as a full-fledged member, it's possible! This challenge is inspired by H. P. Lovecraft's "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," and revolves around creating an eerie neighborhood, then slowly populating it with the offspring of a single occult-type sim. So, if you'll bear with me, this challenge has a couple phases.

PHASE 1: Building Up Newcrest
rjHVcEQ.jpg?1
- Buildings must be created in a "traditional" style. The more disheveled or abandoned looking, the better.
- Modern technology must be kept to a minimum. Light bulbs are okay, but no TVs, dishwashers, or computers. ( For writer sims, I suggest the typewriter found here: http://modthesims.info/d/557259)
- There can be as many homes as desired, but the town must have the following community lots:

[*]A Library
[*]An Inn
[*]A General Store
[*]A Church Dedicated to the Old Ones

I hope to, one day, post the completed map as a package somewhere so that others may play along! (In the mean time, I'll occasionally be uploading completed buildings to the gallery.)

PHASE 2: Fill the Town With Normal Sims
- Fill the town with non-occult sims.
- Delete every sim that doesn't live in Newcrest (this is to keep the town more insular and prevent outsiders from walking in.)
- Turn off story progression.
- Turn off aging (see below).
- (Recommended) Turn off culling.

PHASE 3: Creating Your Sim!
- Make either an Alien or Vampire sim. I will henceforth call this individual "The Progenitor." They can be either male or female, but they must have the following:

[*] At least one unusual facial feature that can be seen in their "human" form. This cannot be eye, hair, or skin color. Hairstyles also don't count.
[*] A very distinct Dark or Alien form
[*] The Serial Romantic aspiration.

PHASE 4: The Challenge! (Inspired by the Alien Takeover Challenge, found here:https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/837731/the-sims-4-alien-takeover-challenge)
The goal of the challenge (if you've made it this far) is to fill the world of Newcrest with your progeny. The Old Ones are counting on you to succeed, which cannot happen if you are discovered. As your mission is incredibly important, they have blessed you with an unlimited lifespan, so long as you do not fail. Failure means death.

SECTION ONE: Location
- Furthermore, you cannot leave the town of Newcrest. The Old Ones won't allow it.
- You may not have a career unless it allows you to work from home, although you may own the general store.
- You may live in any lot in Newcrest you wish using the freerealestate on code, but you may not use cheats thereafter.

SECTION TWO: Spouses
- You must marry the parent of your offspring.
- You may only reproduce with them once. (You may "try for baby" until the mother is pregnant. No more.)
- You may have several spouses, but not at the same time.
- Your spouse may not leave your property.
- You may not divorce your spouse. The Old Ones are sticklers for tradition that way.
- Unfortunate accidents tend to occur shortly after a childe is born.
- It is only natural that the deceased would want you to inherit their possessions.
- In the event of a spouse's death, the Old Ones allow 48 hours for you to remarry.

SECTION THREE: Parenthood
- Childer of the Old Ones mature in strange and unexpected ways. They do not age as mortals do, but as they deem worthy of advancement.
- You must raise each of your offspring.
- Babies may be aged up immediately.
- Toddlers may age up when they have mastered all the Toddler skills.
- Children may age up when they have achieved an "A" in school, plus any of the childhood aspirations.
- The Old Ones would prefer that they achieve them all, but they understand that this may be too tedious to accomplish.
- Teenagers may age up when they master any of the character traits.
- You may change your childer's outfits, but you may not do a full edit in CAS. :)

SECTION FOUR: Win and Lose Conditions
You have lost when:

[*] You have been discovered by anyone who is not your spouse.
[*] Your spouse escapes (i.e., leaves the home lot.)

Any of the above result in instantaneous death. The Old Ones do not tolerate failure.

You have won when:

[*] All potential partners in the Newcrest world have been mated with.
[*] All your childer are aged up to Young Adult

SECTION 5: Additional Information
-Childer are allowed to know their parent's true nature.

-If the house is full (or one short of becoming full,) you must wait until one of your progeny reaches young adulthood before you marry again. Woohoo is strictly forbidden during this time.

-You may not reproduce with service sims.

Vampire-Specific Rules

[*] The Progenitor must feed on sims to replenish thirst. No plasma fruit or blood packs allowed!
[*] Vampire teens may leave school, as the sunlight is detrimental to their health.
[*] Vampire childer may feed on plasma fruit or blood packs.
[*] Vampires cannot feed on their blood relatives.
[*] The Progenitor may keep members of the same sex in the basement to feed off whenever he wishes. If any of them escape, however, the Old Ones will be most unpleased.

Alien-Specific Rules
[*] You may not use Memory Wipe on sims who have discovered your form. The Old Ones do not appreciate sloppiness.
Post edited by 15aewar on

Comments

• 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited September 2017
    QdVPjm7.png

DAY ONE: The Building Begins...
    The entire build can be watched here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwPHOAs0GgM
    For those of you too impatient to sit through a video (and I don't blame you) read onward!

I begin construction on a lot I originally planned to be a grouping of fisherman's shacks (hence the name.)
    They started out as shacks...
    yA0Ms2t.png

...then became townhouses.
    n2IO8WG.png

Sorry about the image quality. I grabbed these screens from the video I made, so they're a bit blurry. I'll have to remember to take screenshots while I'm building next time! Almost there...
    eoVXm5r.png

And done!
    uXQwkj6.png?1

>Buildings Completed: 1/15
    > Tomorrow: The Petersens and the Kilpatricks Move In
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    two things: your avatar is super neat AND this whole thread is super neat. this challenge sounds awesome and I'm honestly excited to see you progress through it. your buildings look terrific so far!
    6riwm5.png
    edited September 2017
    @littlemissgogo Thanks! I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far. :)

As for my avatar, she is based off Queen Barenziah from the Elder Scrolls games.
    DF-Barenziah_Andyfall.png
    DF-npc-Barenziah_Andyfall_%28face%29.png

70ie8Hu.png
    DAY TWO: The Petersens and the Kilpatricks
    Two households, one lot. A re-purposed family of pre-mades. The complete transformation can be watched below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Xt9DChOvE

PART ONE: The Kilpatricks
    Newcrest seems to draw some strange sims. Take the Kilpatricks, for example. The Kilpatrick family actually began as a single elder sim. Geeta Rasoya
    latest?cb=20170226215611

became Mary Kilpatrick.
    mXKuX8E.png
    Mary is an adventurous sim who enjoys outdoor living, much like her father. She also writes a food column for the local newspaper, the Newcrest Gazette. She hopes to visit Granite Falls someday and learn the art of potion-making - I mean herbalism. She is the youngest sibling.

From the rib of Mary, I generated her father, Pat Kilpatrick.
    x7wz60a.png
    He's a fisherman, like his father's father and his father before him. A widower, he immigrated to Newcrest from Dragon Valley back when Mary and Charlotte were tots. He lost his wife in a freak dragon-training accident back in the Old Country. He would rather not talk about it, if you please.

Finally, this is Charlotte Kilpatrick.
    uXNubGB.png
    The say the blood of the supernatural runs deep in Dragon Valley's veins. Or, at least, the sims from Dragon Valley. Charlotte, the eldest of Pat's children, has always been an odd sort. She prefers rocks to people, for one thing, and can be seen strolling the streets of Newcrest, searching for new mineral treasures. Stranger still, there's an aura of sadness that seems to radiate from her, as if she's looking for someone she's lost.

>Families completed: 1/10
    >Next Post: DAY TWO, PART TWO - The Petersens
    edited September 2017
    DAY TWO: The Petersens and the Kilpatricks
    70ie8Hu.png

PART TWO: The Petersens
    The Petersens began their lives as the Bjergsens. They were kicked out of Windenberg after Bjorn was caught 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on Lady Mimsy's beloved petunias after having one too many glasses of nectar. The locals take the preservation of Von Haunt Estate very seriously.
    latest?cb=20151129105123

The Petersens were faced with two options: either Bjorn would have to spend time in jail, or he would have to leave Windenburg. The decision wasn't too difficult. Windenburg was too expensive, anyway.

nRGNcur.png
    Although he would miss his old friends and their outings at the Shrieking Llama, Bjorn was excited about starting afresh in a new town with new neighbors. He changed his name from Bjorn Bjergsen to Benjamin Petersen in order to fit in better with the locals, urging his family to do the same.

gtVYKbV.png
    Clara still goes by Clara. When the family moved, she quit her job as a caterer. Besides, it was probably better not to have any nectar (or books on how to make drinks) in the house, lest she want a repeat of the Windenburg disaster. In the process, she's rediscovered her love of gardening.

Ekvpmzr.png
    Sofia wasn't too upset about the name change. In fact, she was excited about it. If you're going to make it big as a musician, you need a name that people can remember, one that rolls off the tongue. Is Minnie Petersen an improvement over Sofia Bjergsen? You decide.

E442KIk.png
    Lastly, there's Elsa. She 's a bit of a problem child. The move really upset her, so she took to stealing to relieve the stress. The problem is, now she just can't stop!

>Families Completed: 2/10
    >Tomorrow: Meet the Whateleys
    edited September 2017
    FRrp2Zy.png
    DAY THREE: The Whateleys
    Ah, the Whateleys. What Lovecraft-inspired town would be complete without them? The full build (and a little bit of play) can be watched below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jang4cZqd7g&t=355s

Cicero Whateley
    6kLklxl.png

Cicero arrived in Newcrest without a cent to his then-non-existent [last] name. Lavinia discovered him in the outhouse one evening. He was crouching on top of the toilet, wearing only a ratty pair of trousers, his eyes wide as wide and searching as Planet Sixam. He was gnawing at his nails so hard that Lavinia feared he would bite his fingers off.
    8aFhVTE.png?1
    "What's wrong?" Lavinia asked. She could learn the stranger's identity later, she decided.
    "Shh! The Listener is coming!" he whispered.
    "What?"
    "Not so loud! He'll hear us!" Cicero pulled Lavinia inside, latching the door shut behind them.
    "Who's the Listener?" Lavinia asked, her voice lowered. She leaned in closer. Oddly enough, she wasn't frightened, just intrigued - and a little excited.
    "Someone who used to be my friend." he said. Lavinia's presence had a calming effect on the strange little man. "I'm Cicero, by the way."
    "Cicero," she said, "Don't worry. I won't let him hurt you." The two embraced. They spent the night together in the outhouse, bracing each other against the threat that (thankfully) never came. They've been together ever since.

Lavinia Whateley
    Ho3urbD.png
    Lavinia married Cicero the very next day. Cicero took Lavinia's surname, since he did not have one of his own. They welcomed their daughters, twins named Horror and Wilma, two days later.

Lavinia tried her best to raise her two daughters properly, although she herself didn't have many role models. She was orphaned at a very young age, passed from family to family until she reached young adulthood, when she was able to claim her inheritance: a tiny farm in Newcrest.

Further complicating matters was her husband's periodic disappearances. He would leave the house agitated, rambling incoherently about his deceased mother and voidcritters - or something to that effect. He would come back within the next day or two, grinning from ear to ear. "Mother is pleased!" he would say.

And then a townie would turn up missing.

Wilma Whateley
    kydK895.png
    Wilma had always been a precocious child. She has an insatiable thirst for knowledge, and can often be seen in the park, wearing her wide-brimmed hat and thumbing the pages of a new book. Just like the rest of the family (except for Lavinia,) she has a peculiar taste in clothing. She is always wearing long coats or dresses, no matter what the weather is like. In fact, she looks like she belongs on a box of oatmeal. Come to think of it, she smells like oatmeal, too.

Horror Whateley
    8dH0TfF.png
    It was Cicero who named the youngest Whateleys. She was born holding onto Wilma's ankle. When the nurse presented her to her father, the madman jumped up and screamed, "The horror! The HORROR!"
    "What would you like to name her?" she said.
    "Horror!"
    Lavinia was too tired to argue, so the name stuck.

>Families Completed: 3/10
    >Lots Filled: 2/15
    >Tomorrow: Percie Shelley, farmer.
    edited September 2017
    Wi4WEtv.png

DAY FOUR: Percie Shelley's Farm

The vaguely horror-themed, anachronistic trend continues!
    You can watch the entire build, CAS creation, and gameplay below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMlJ6ioHwmM

Percie Shelley lives in a shack. Well, that's not entirely accurate...
    OSC4TTX.png
    She lives in the cellar BENEATH the shack. It's one room with nearly everything she needs. There's a bed,
    h2tkAhD.png
    a card table,
    djVShFd.png
    and a tiny kitchenette.
    O8oEvn0.png

"Percie" is, of course, short for Persephone.
    zQBrrHs.png
    Growing up in Moonlight Falls, she always wanted her own flower garden. She was never allowed to grow any back home because her father was "highly allergic," and that the pollen would "interrupt the writing process." Perseus Shelley was "highly allergic" to a lot of things - onions, kittens, the dark, and Nathaniel Hawthorne, to name a few.

Well, that's a poet for you.

As soon as Percie finished planting all her wolfsbane and tulip seeds, a sim dropped by to welcome her to Newcrest.
    GfVSdGi.png
    "I'm fine, thanks," she said. "Don't you think it's a bit late for a visit?"

AvoaHUR.png
    "Excuse my impropriety, Miss Shelley, but I could not resist talking to one with such a beautiful neck."
    "Oooh, never heard that one before," she grinned, although inwardly, she was a bit creeped out. What is it with some sims and necks? Percie thought. That was another reason she left Moonlight Falls; half the men in town looked at you like a slab of meat. She changed the subject. "Do you like stargazing?" she asked.

niz7dc2.png
    The two lay on the cold sidewalk, gazing at the constellations.
    "That one looks like a bat," said the man. He said name was Vlad, and that he was from the neighboring village of Forgotten Hollow.
    "You mean it's autumn and gray all the time there?"
    "Yes."
    "Sounds a lot like Moonlight Falls."
    "My great-grandfather founded Forgotten Hollow."
    "Really?" Before she could get a reply...

swkPKNC.png

Vladistrauss was gone in a cloud of black smoke. How odd.

>Families Completed: 4/10
    >Lots Filled: 3/15
    > Tomorrow: The Bishops
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    i love it !! you inspire me to do it too !
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

nani wrote: »
    i love it !! you inspire me to do it too !

Oh, sweet! I've infected another simmer. Muahahaha!
    U9t9Xpa.jpg
    DAY FIVE: The Bishops

The full build of the Bishop home can be seen below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u0sLCmzt0A

There's not much to say about the Bishops. They live in a tiny house packed with the finest accoutrements they could afford.
    L4lslOE.png

Zelia Bishop wears the pants in the family.
    X4MvRJK.png

Her husband, a scientist, is a bit on the squeamish side.
    uuQBpM1.png

((Sorry for the short post today, but that's all I got right now.))

>Families Completed: 5/11
    >Lots Filled: 4/15
    >Tomorrow: The Goths and the Calientes!
    edited September 2017
    DAY SIX: The Goths and the Calientes

(The video is forthcoming, don't worry! It's a long one, too!)

Section One: The Makeovers!
    I made it a requirement to delete all the townies and create some from scratch. However, I could not bring myself to part with the Goths and the Calientes, so I gave them all a retro makeover!

Don Lothario married Katrina and took her surname, too!
    BqOoave.png?1
    He's rocking a simple t-shirt and baseball jersey. I felt it went with Don's personality.

Katrina took a few style lessons from Marilyn Monroe.
    HdUjMll.png?1
    TX7E0fr.png?1

Dina's look is inspired by the swingin' Sixties. She's a little bit Twiggy, a little bit Priscilla Presley.
    55IDeqI.png?1

Nina's makeover is probably my favorite. She reminds me of a screen siren from Hollywood's Golden Age.
    AbMLjhq.png?1
    4YzWxlY.png?1

Mortimer and Bella Goth stayed pretty much the same.
    798Hvx7.png?1
    H4OV6Ot.png?1

Cassandra's 'do got a slightly-more-sophisticated update.
    tpsJOLQ.png?1

Last, but not least, the most dramatic of the transformations: Alexander became Alexandra. She's even got her father's nose (although you have to view her in profile to really see it.)
    GzuWFmP.png?1
    How did this happen, you may ask? When Alexander was a teen, he enjoyed mixing potions in the laboratory underneath the Goth family home. One day, while playing working with some volatile chemicals, the ground beneath the mansion began to shake. In his haste to leave, the boy dropped the chemicals he was working with. There was a blast that shook the entire neighborhood.

Mortimer, Bella, and Cassandra huddled together on the lawn as the building they called their home began to collapse. Just when they thought Alexander was a goner, a figure came stumbling towards them.

It was Alexander! In the blast, the chemicals had formed a chromosome-altering substance that turned him into a her. Alexandra, as she is now called, doesn't seem to mind the change. She doesn't want to be a scientist anymore, though. In fact, many of her traits have changed...weird.

>Families Completed: 7/11
    >Next Post (tomorrow?): The Goth / Caliente Residence!
    :D i love the story behind Alexander becoming a girl, i love Katrina's look and Dina too !

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I love the Calientes' makeover <3
    6riwm5.png

d99JY7K.png?1
    DAY SIX, PART TWO: The Goths and the Calientes Move In

After the Goths lost their home in a freak, highly localized earthquake, they began construction on a cozy, two-storey home in Newcrest.
    You can watch the complete build (as well as both families' makeovers) in the video below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbCcofW9Lyk

Percie Shelley sold the lot for a song. "Nothing grows there," she told the Goths. For an agrarian community like Newcrest, it meant the land was worthless. Mortimer didn't mind, though. No one in his family much cared for gardening.

But why did the Calientes leave Oasis Springs?

One day, the mayor ordered an evacuation of the desert town. There was going to be a big storm, he said, and the flooding would be deadly. The Calientes packed as much as they could carry and headed off to their good friends, the Goths, who had just built a new home in Newcrest.

Weeks passed, and there was no word from anyone about the flood. Don Lothario had had enough of the waiting. He got in the car and drove to Oasis Springs.

rHacwRu.png

It was as if the town had never existed at all. Where their home once stood, there was nothing but empty ground and an open road.
    Since they discovered that they weren't going to be going home, the Calientes agreed to cover half of the house's bills.

On the anniversary of the Big Flood, the Calientes installed a wishing well in the front yard. Nina Caliente made the first wish.

UTRL3VL.png

She never said what she wished for - it's impolite to ask - but she's since developed a keen interest in gardening. Her vegetable garden is already sprouting, something her neighbors never thought possible.

"It's uncanny, really," says Clara Petersen, head of the local chapter of the Garden Gnomes.
    Lavinia Whateley, the only sim in the country able to grow Growfruit, (a strange plant still being studied by Simsonian University for its glowing properties,) agrees. "Something's not right," she says. "As my husband would say, she's got Kinarite's Blessing, whatever that means."
    "Peryite!"
    "What he said."

UiW93Ix.png?1

Alexandra is Locked in the Cupola

Alexandra is locked in the cupola, and no one in the family will say why. Once a day, Bella Goth climbs a rickety ladder up to the second storey window with a bag of supplies slung over her shoulder. Once a day, she unlocks the window with a slender skeleton key. Once a day, Bella gives her a change of clothes, paper, letters from her friends, and three sack meals: a bagel with cream cheese and an apple for breakfast; a turkey sandwich, potato chips, and some carrots fresh from the garden for lunch and two slices of supreme pizza for dinner. Alexandra hands her mother the clothes from the day before last, the tupperware containers from yesterday's meals, and her replies to her friends. Once a day, Bella locks the window and puts the ladder away.

ok92rgY.png

She keeps all her food in a little cooler next to her desk. She spends most of her days reading and writing letters to her friends. Her friends, however, don't receive the letters she writes. Pages of her letters often go missing. Words are blacked out in giant blobs of ink.
    what is happening to Alexandra ? :o

what is happening to Alexandra ? :o

Apparently, Bella Goth decided she needs to stay up there for some reason. Maybe the whole DNA-altering substance has something to do with it? Who knows with secret agents?

Although, come to think of it, sometimes, late at night, there's this really weird wailing that comes from the Goth house.
    It sounds like a mixture of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWTABEOFYoY
    and something human. Weird, huh?
  • matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    This is a really creative challenge, and you are doing a great job with it!
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
    This is a really creative challenge, and you are doing a great job with it!

Why, thank you! I wanted to create a challenge that would be all-encompassing. Needless to say, my inner control freak is satisfied. :)
    does she has a shrek-like curse where she transform into something at night ? :D

edited September 2017
    does she has a shrek-like curse where she transform into something at night ? :D

Maybe :wink:

6AspmHc.png?1

DAY SEVEN: The Watcher's Temple and the Waites

A cult has sprung up in Newcrest. Each Saturday at quarter till midnight, a group congregates inside a little church to whisper about the Watcher.

NFxmY38.png

Each Saturday, Wilma Whateley, who almost never speaks, takes the pulpit. Her voice is soft and hoarse from disuse, so you have to listen very carefully. The Watcher sees all. The Watcher knows all. Someday soon, the Watcher will send his son so that the Old Ones may retake the earth.

You can watch the complete build below (when it finally finishes uploading, that is.)
    https://youtu.be/v1eLJ0fPCtk

Meet the Waites!
    pAXwg80.png?1

The one in the front is Asenath. That's her father, Ephraim, in the background.

Ephraim and his daughter are from Midnight Hollow originally.
    jMdbuJ4.png
    The Waites had never really been liked. After the incident with the thing on the doorstep, Ephraim and his daughter were run out of town.
    Ephraim is ashamed of what his daughter did, but he is trying to put the past behind him. He chose Newcrest because it was far away from Midnight Hollow - that, and the land was dirt cheap.

2k4ahXN.png
    Asenath is, technically speaking, one smart cookie. She graduated from the prestigious Smuggsworth Prep School at the top of her class. She has just been accepted into Simsonian University, where she hopes to study metaphysical science and sanguivore physiology. Hopefully, the incident won't affect her scholarship.
    But what's a little body snatching among friends?

MN8zTrf.png
    Pictured: Betsy Bonnet, 47, pauses her late night stroll when she hears excited whispers from the Watcher's Temple.

DAY EIGHT: Interim and Portents
    Note: There's been an hiccup in my project's schedule. So, instead of leaving you guys with nothing, I've decided to let you guys into a very special meeting.

i4Yx1YI.png?1

The Watcher's Temple

Wednesday, 11:45 pm. Four months until the arrival of the Progenitor.

Wilma Whateley had called an emergency town meeting. Newcrest's residents knew better than to ignore Wilma.
    xOSpr3u.png?1
    Well, except Bella Goth. Besides, she was only there to make sure Alexandra didn't run away again and she had to get up in the morning!

Wilma saw things. She foretold the arrival of someone who could make things grow on the Goth property; three weeks later, the Calientes moved in with the Goths and a year later Nina discovered she had a green thumb. Two months ago, she told Percie Shelley that a piece of Midnight Hollow would find its way to Newcrest; Ephraim Waite bought a plot of land in town days later.

Usually, Wilma waited until Sundays to share her newest revelations. This could only mean one thing: she had seen something big.

A6BuIAq.png?1
    Benjamin Petersen and Alexandra Goth strain to hear the news over the excited whispers of the crowd.

3pkMqNO.png?1
    Wilma's voice sounded like the static between radio stations; it was soft, yet grating. Garbled, yet pierced with moments of shrill clarity. When she took the stand, the whispers died down. That was the only way you could hear her.

"The Watcher's son is coming," she said. "LMS V is coming when the last brick in this town is laid."
    The whispers grew louder again, then quieter.
    "Three families will arrive in three months: W, E, and D. In the fourth month, the Son will come. He will devour us all."

m0GKj7n.png?1
    Just like that, the sermon was finished. Wilma stepped down from the pulpit and headed home. Meanwhile, the crowd was more bewildered than when they arrived.

Most perplexed of all were Wilma's own parents.

QEWfLlL.png?2
    "What could that possibly mean?"

dxFKbCE.png?1
    "Oh ho ho!" Cicero giggled. "Mother hasn't seen that abbreviation since the Third Era."

Okay, so Cicero wasn't very perplexed at all. Maybe Wilma just inherited her father's crazy genes. Asenath was intrigued, however, by the man's ramblings. She was surprised to learn that they had fortune tellers in the New World. Maybe this man would surprise her again?

nPyazl7.png?1
    "What does LMS V stand for?" she asked.
    Cicero's eyes widened with excitement. "The sun!" he said, "The wonderful red sun!"
    "Yes, she said the Watcher's son was coming."
    "No no no no no, the pretty outsider doesn't understand poor Cicero," he said. "The dark ones are cursed. Cursed! The red sun came up through the earth. So many of them died, including my dear, sweet mother." A pained expression crossed the madman's face. "But that was all before I was born."

w8kJ60E.png?1
    DAY NINE: Nothing Much to Report

Today I finished building Asenath's and Ephraim's home.
    A couple screenshots of the dining room:
    6yTEakw.png?1
    o9EfyyT.png?1

As usual, you can see the entire build down below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RhFJn416w8
    edited September 2017
    *QUICK UPDATE*
    No update today, as I plan on doing a mega-monster post tomorrow. Here's a quick outline of my plans:
    • DAY 10: The Library and Bliss Wollstonecraft
    • DAY 11: Mr. and Mrs. Edgar's General Merchandise
    • DAY 12: Curwen Derleth, the Elms and Vine Inn, and the Wobbly Mizzenmast Pub.

Sorry for the delay - I hope to see you guys soon!
  • spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    what's your origin ID?