Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ship names between premade sims? Should they exist or am I the only one?

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @Mikezumi I'm the same way~ it's very rare that I ever start with premades but, in one particular save, my Sim made best friends with Mr. Serverus while at university (since they have a few traits in common) and they remained friends long after... He eventually became part of my Sim's household and had eyes for Matthew almost immediately. So I ship them constantly lol.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    What the ---- is shipping?
    You mean like merging two names into one? If that is the question - no, I find no interest in that.
    You mean like matching up couples? Well yes, I do it all the time, that's part of the game.
    And why Mr. Serverus first name is censored? is this like a problematic word in English? The Sims is normally very PG-13, so I don't get it...
    *frustrated non English speaker*
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    @Avatarit and others, @KaikoMikkusu

I guess, we'll bow our heads to someone (To KaikoM) that is more 'in time' with urban slang.
    Yes, I feel old, i am 42.
    KaikoMikkusu ask a valid question.
    I realise this is a post-milennial milestone many of us just experienced.
    A person using urban slang instead of 'proper language'.
    My hat is off to You KaikoM.
    That said, respectfully, I can only advice on using 'old' dictionaries, otherwise this, and other forums will end up in babels tounge, with a mix of txt-speech, leet-speech and other lingos not easily understood, which in turn will turn into a toxic thread (threads).
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    No, in any context. Why complicate it? I have no idea who most of the sims you listed are, simply because I know them by their real names.

(and I'm 22, if that helps the age argument at all :D )
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    edited September 2017
    And why Mr. Serverus first name is censored? is this like a problematic word in English? The Sims is normally very PG-13, so I don't get it...
    I wondered that myself & I am a native English speaker.
    My first google turned up nothing naughtier than an acronym for "Criminal Investigation Department", but a search for "slang" turned up a slang for acid* (as in lysergic). So an obscure drug slang I guess is the reason for plumming out the name of their own character. :facepalm: I'm sure the devs had no idea when they named him, I knew a guy IRL with the same same & spelling, so it's a legit name.

*ironically not censored lol.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
    I wondered that myself & I am a native English speaker.
    My first google turned up nothing naughtier than an acronym for "Criminal Investigation Department", but a search for "slang" turned up a slang for acid* (as in lysergic). So an obscure drug slang I guess is the reason for plumming out the name of their own character. :facepalm: I'm sure the devs had no idea when they named him, I knew a guy IRL with the same same & spelling, so it's a legit name.

*ironically not censored lol.

Sure its not a forplumming of an ancient religious dog, Cerberus?
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Well Conner Frio getting with Jamie Jolina would be Connerina but that sounds like an STD that will kill you :D

It IS and it WILL!!! :hushed::dizzy:
    Waiting for someone 'shipping' Artie with some greek woman ~ritis
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Deleted for what could be perceived as insensitivity ;)

@Mikezumi , You get an automatic Awesome for that!! <3 LOL!!
    What the ---- is shipping?
    You mean like merging two names into one? If that is the question - no, I find no interest in that.
    You mean like matching up couples? Well yes, I do it all the time, that's part of the game.

c.id in backwars is di.c which can be considered a slur\slang-y spelling of di.ck as in plum. I think. Might be a foreign word or a technical thing from when the forum was built. If there was a sim named Kc.id Avatarit his name would be censored, too.

And his surname is Severus... I think. Haven't seen him around in much time. But Severus is a Latin\Italian surname. C.id as a first name comes from the Spanish historical figure with the title "el C.id" which meant lord. But even his official wiki page calls him Ci.d Serverus, so. Maybe I'll check?

Sims in Sims 3 tend to either have: very "American" English names (Bridgeport, Starlight Shores), pun names on English words (Twinbrook), more traditional English names (Moonlight Falls, Sunset Valley, Appaloosa Plains), or Hispanic-ish names mixed with some traditional and modern English ones (Isla Paradiso). Most of those towns also have some Asian and\or Middle Eastern\Arabic names mixed in, as IRL people of those races don't tend to have "westernized" names. That does'nt mean C.id Severus comes from Isla Paradiso, it just means he's suppose to be of Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and\or Romanian descent.

Shipping basically means, well, if I liked the idea of Holly Alto dating Bebe Hart to the point to referring to it as BeHolly Halto, then I "ship" BeHolly Halto AKA I ship Bebe Hart with Holly Alto.

May I ask whyyyyyyyy.
    KaikoMikkusu is a name, as I believe two names drawn together without space. Otherwise You'd 'just' be Kaisu. -That is boring and slightly insulting to You as a person.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Can I just say that I loved reading this thread and watching some people who are from a different generation (and not super internethip like @JoAnne65 and @Mikezumi lol) have no clue what shipping actually is hahaha it was a fun read <3 love you all!

And I ship any sim I make in Sunset Valley with Thornton Wolff ;)
    edited September 2017
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    Can I just say that I loved reading this thread and watching some people who are from a different generation (and not super internethip like @JoAnne65 and @Mikezumi lol) have no clue what shipping actually is hahaha it was a fun read <3 love you all!

And I ship any sim I make in Sunset Valley with Thornton Wolff

Oh Yeah!!! <3

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member

Oh Yeah!!! <3

I think Thornton is way too overrated. Looking around on sims forums is always Thornton stuff here and there. He is rather plain by default, too. Yes he has a lot of pretty babies but that's because everyone pairs him with super-pretty sims and\or changes premades' facial structures. With the default facial structures, Morgana and Thornton's children together are far from the prettiest! (Expecially in a town with the Andrews and Wainwrights in it. Which nobody plays and you never get people saying that they make cute children together because almost nobody makes them do so.) Everyone just changes their favorites facial structures to be prettier.

I think that if Thornton's and Morgana's facial features were on storyline-less NPCs with plain townie names, nobody would care about those NPCs = most people would delete\ignore them rather than makeover and play them = they would keep plain pudding faces in most savegames = they would'nt be considered the couple which has the prettiest children in the game.

I think the point is that the popular premade households tend to be not the ones with the prettiest sims but the ones with the most dramatic storylines, because apparently if an household does'nt have drama it does'nt have a personality.

I would never play an untweaked Thornton but your idea is totally wrong. Thornton, even if not retouched, looks good as a female and his offspring do stand a chance even when paired with a not so pretty sim. It's Morgana that lets the team down. She doesn't look good as female or male.

As for their storylines, I don't think I have ever read one nor would I care to. For me, a sim's story does not start until I start playing them.

The Andrews and the Wainwrights are incapable of producing decent looking offspring because not a one of them looks any good :#
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Ever since my daughter started watching Sherlock I'm very aware of the term shipping o:)
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Ever since my daughter started watching Sherlock I'm very aware of the term shipping o:)

@JoAnne65 , I was introduced to the term around the time Twilight came out movie wise, everyone was "shipping" Bella and Edward or Bella and Jacob...

I have a few ships I adore from Black Butler, Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead... ;) (none of my ships will ever "sail" but they are fun to read about in FF nonetheless).
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2017
    I once shipped Harry and Jenny* :blush: I never shipped Hermione and Ron though... Oh, and I shipped Bella and Edward, couldn't really see her with Jacob. Yeah, I know what shipping is (even when I hadn't heard of the word back then). I did a Sims story once by the way where readers started to ship my heir with two guys, forming teams even. That was fun (especially because I knew from the start who would win B) )

*Ginny :mrgreen:
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I would never play an untweaked Thornton but your idea is totally wrong. Thornton, even if not retouched, looks good as a female and his offspring do stand a chance even when paired with a not so pretty sim. It's Morgana that lets the team down. She doesn't look good as female or male.

As for their storylines, I don't think I have ever read one nor would I care to. For me, a sim's story does not start until I start playing them.

The Andrews and the Wainwrights are incapable of producing decent looking offspring because not a one of them looks any good :#

Morgana is just yuck....

EXACTLY!!!

Female Thornton (Unretouched in the least!) is gorgeous....

35901462785_37d5778513_b.jpg

35901462445_b69eda8bd5_b.jpg

Unretouched Thornton in my Kate story: To ME he's gorgeous!

35058012224_4f3f05b43d_b.jpg

His woman, Erika, a me made Sim, not gorgeous but not hideous....normal looking, not supermodel.

35509257820_6ecf6d8e69_b.jpg

His daughter Kate, I find her cute...(yes she is supposed to be overweight)

35857158456_08b69abb0c_b.jpg

Kate on her wedding day:

35896394555_bbe46cf3a7_b.jpg
    edited September 2017

Oh Yeah!!! <3

I think Thornton is way too overrated. Looking around on sims forums is always Thornton stuff here and there. He is rather plain by default, too. Yes he has a lot of pretty babies but that's because everyone pairs him with super-pretty sims and\or changes premades' facial structures. With the default facial structures, Morgana and Thornton's children together are far from the prettiest! (Expecially in a town with the Andrews and Wainwrights in it. Which nobody plays and you never get people saying that they make cute children together because almost nobody makes them do so.) Everyone just changes their favorites facial structures to be prettier.

I think that if Thornton's and Morgana's facial features were on storyline-less NPCs with plain townie names, nobody would care about those NPCs = most people would delete\ignore them rather than makeover and play them = they would keep plain pudding faces in most savegames = they would'nt be considered the couple which has the prettiest children in the game.

I think the point is that the popular premade households tend to be not the ones with the prettiest sims but the ones with the most dramatic storylines, because apparently if an household does'nt have drama it does'nt have a personality.

That is Your opinion, I personally think Susan is atrocious....and Bebe, though not as awful, I just never play not because of any back story I just don't find her that interesting, her parents however are awesome! It's not all about beautiful kids to me, if I find a character interesting I play them, if not oh well, drama has nothing to do with it for me, I'm well versed in making my own drama in a story. It all comes down to personal taste and my taste is most certainly not the same as yours..I find 80% of SV women useless.