Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will The Sims 3 Game Packs Be Free

On Jul 16, 2014, 2 months before Sims 4 was released They offered all the sims 2 packs for free
because they were removing support for that game.
So Should I just wait to the release of Sims 5 to get the game packs for free for Sims 3
or just buy all my missing pack now.
I wonder just how close is Sims 5,?
Anyone have a Clue?
we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor

Comments

• MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2017
    I don't think even EA have a clue about a number 5.
    I don't think You should hold your breath.
    You might turn purple.
    Best bet would be to buy packs on sale.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I wouldn't wait. Or hope they will do the same thing again.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    If you are talking about a 'Complete Collection' then that would be cool.

Every single EP, SP and Store content thrown in with final bug fixes and even a 64 bit version? I wouldn't even care for a TS5 with that! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Sims 3 is still selling well. Why give it away?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    Even if TS3 followed the pattern of TS2 with a free bundled version of some kind released six years after the final EP, and there is no reason to think that it would, we wouldn't see it until over two years from now. And there certainly wouldn't be any indications in advance that it might happen.

We can't even say that TS4 is following the pattern of any of its predecessors as to how long it will stay in active development.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Given that EA took the trouble to create patch 1.69 to tie TS3 to Origin, and then to include the TS3 Starter Pack in Origin Access, I don't see why they'd give the whole thing away for free anytime soon, if at all.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2017
    It would be a long wait (if there's even a chance) and no one can promise that. I think EA regrets giving Sims 2 away honestly. At first, it was only for those with registered copies of Sims 2 but then they gave out a limited time code. You can still get the collection by contacting them with a Sims 2 code or by luck. They won't put it back on Origin because it's still not supported anymore. I believe most of the reps are sick of being asked all the time.

Steam is likely to throw another 75% off sale during holiday sales. Look forward to that if you want a good deal.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    TS3 is still selling in my local Wal-Mart, right under TS4, believe it or not. TS2 had been out of print for years before they compiled it. EA still hasn't re-released the Store stuff from TS2 though. :(
    A few of the Sims 3 EPs are still being sold where I live too. I saw them at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart. When I wanted to replace my digital collection with any physical copy I was missing, of course, they weren't selling the ones I needed. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    TS3 is still selling in my local Wal-Mart, right under TS4, believe it or not. TS2 had been out of print for years before they compiled it. EA still hasn't re-released the Store stuff from TS2 though. :(

I have the same at all Wal-Marts here they are on the same display shelf,lots of expansions and stuff packs Except Outdoor Living Stuff :s Still need it,still want it.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member

I have the same at all Wal-Marts here they are on the same display shelf,lots of expansions and stuff packs Except Outdoor Living Stuff :s Still need it,still want it.

My daughter <3 bought me brand new physical copies, for my birthday, from Amazon. They were still wrapped and they had that new disk smell. :D
    She found Fast Lane, Master Suite and Outdoor Living. I bought all the brand new physical copies I could find in my area. The stuff packs are harder to find new, in stores, than the eps are.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »

My daughter <3 bought me brand new physical copies, for my birthday, from Amazon. They were still wrapped and they had that new disk smell. :D
    She found Fast Lane, Master Suite and Outdoor Living. I bought all the brand new physical copies I could find in my area. The stuff packs are harder to find new, in stores, than the eps are.
    Same. I got a mix of sealed new copies from both Amazon and EBay. I don't know how hard of a find it is outside of the US though.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »

Dats a good present. Period
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm still planning to buy more disks so I can have spare copies of everything on disks in case I want to install on a second computer and want to avoid that 169 Plague so I can be at the 167 Patch.I've been playing my games again and added another Mod that added more to the game recently and that Mod is staying in the game as it's mainly for my 100 baby challenge.I'd also look for disk copies on sale at local stores if they have any of them in our area.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Wait for Steam wintersale apparently in the US you can then buy the entire collection for 100 dollars only. (If you're in Europe then around 200 euros because EA thinks we're more wealthy so the game is double the price for us)
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think sims 5 might never come at all btw, unless the developers create their own company for it like what some rollercoaster tycoon developers did and then creating Planet Coaster. EA took a path towards mobile gaming making sims 4 the way it is and I strongly suspect any new sims game will be mobile.

If there IS going to be a sims 5 I sure hope they will take their time this time and we won't see it for at least 5 years after the last sims 4 expansion so that they can actually develop an engine that is worthy of todays technology.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Tons of the EPs and SPs still being sold at the two Wallymarts near us, the piles get smaller then bigger so I do think they are being restocked. I have bought a few doubles of the physical discs even though I play on Steam right now.

I too hope they take a nice long time developing Sims 5 if they do decide to make a new one...it would be lovely if they would take into consideration what players want and develop the snot out of it. ;)
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited September 2017
    @charlottesmom Yes!!! Noticed they do restock,since I go often could be like 3 Supernatural 4 Into The Future 3 University life etc then 2 days later like 6 or 7 of each.Still never see Outdoor Living Stuff and actually remember the day went with my friend years ago had it in my hand put it back and said "Will get it later" :'( University life though seems like it sells good even to this day.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I doubt they would ever decide to give away sims 3 for free unless it's for its 25th anniversary or something crazy like that. For some reason I have this idea that they might struggle financially to deliver a sims 5 that looks amazing and plays well. I guess we might have to wait until what is considered top of the range computers now becomes the average in the future.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited September 2017
    Totally getting a duplicate of ITF!! I love how 3 is still selling and I just keep dumping tons of $$ into the store! Can't recall if I've even seen OLS but do know that I don't have a physical copy of it....off to amazon! I'm a completeist...

Amazon does have it....for $49.99!! :o
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    It seems like Target had a better selection than other stores in my area. That's where I found ITF Limited Edition. Unfortunately, that store has been closed in my area. :( I even had to go to different stores in the same chain because they all don't carry the exact same selection.
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I'm still planning to buy more disks so I can have spare copies of everything on disks in case I want to install on a second computer and want to avoid that 169 Plague so I can be at the 167 Patch.I've been playing my games again and added another Mod that added more to the game recently and that Mod is staying in the game as it's mainly for my 100 baby challenge.I'd also look for disk copies on sale at local stores if they have any of them in our area.

I planned on all discs, too, so I could get away from 1.69 if needed.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I hope they do at some point because even now my new laptop didn't come with disc drive and I luckily have a super techy dad working in IT who gave me this disc thing that plugs into the usb so I can still play 2 and 3. But I feel as technology continues to advance there will come a time where I HAVE to have 3 on Origin and I'd rather get the games as like a UC type thing than having to buy them all just like I did with 2. I told the support guy I don't have a disc drive and showed him all my disc boxes so I got the ts2 UC, I would hope if it ever came to that point I could do the same with 3.
    I also hope they make a sims 5 in the future as there's only so much they can do with the game before it's time for the next and I'm still young and I can't handle change I need EA to keep smashing out sims stuff for at LEAST another 50 years :p
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i would say buy as much as you can on sale but not on origin its just a ripoff there tbh i bough all my expasion packs and stuff packs digitally of a website called mmoga.com and they really cheap! like 3$ for a stuff pack as for my store stuff i just bough 25,000 simpoints a long time ago and went on a spending spree but i dont have everything and alot of freinds and people gifted me some stuff from sets to help and theres a thread around here thats maybe still alive that can help you with completing sets of the store :) im really thank full for those amazing people who helped finish as much as possible of the store
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    @adamzaid - I'm sorry to have to point this out as I know you are doing nothing but trying to be helpful, but the site you are linking to is not an authorized re-seller of EA games. As of a few months ago, many TS3 players are finding themselves caught up chargeback scam resolution through which they are totally denied Origin access to TS3 and/or the EPs they have purchased keys for from such vendors with the blocks being placed on EA's end. While they may be able to get their money back from the re-seller, or in some cases even replacement keys, they are still left with being unable to play at all. The only thing they can do to continue playing is to go through EA's investigation procedure and then, sometimes after several weeks, re-purchase their games and packs at retail prices for which EA will remove the Origin blocks. These scams are not the fault of the player or even the ones they purchased from directly in many cases, but EA's Loss Prevention function targets the player rather then whoever stole the codes (by way of bogus bulk purchases) what could be long ago.

That's also why the prices are so low. EA and Steam (as well as Amazon, etc.) have deep sales on regular basis that do not carry the risks of subsequent Origin account blocks.

There are threads on the Tech Discussions board and EA Answers HQ board going on into the thousands of posts about this. It's a risk players take when they purchase key codes this way. Some really don't care, they've played their games for a while, had fun, and moved on, but others who are passionate about their games and want to keep playing uninterrupted with no such issues getting in their way should be aware of the risks of making these purchases. You might want to remove the site name from your post, not sure the forum moderators are going to be very happy to see that recommendation here.

Authorized re-sellers: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited September 2017
    Totally getting a duplicate of ITF!! I love how 3 is still selling and I just keep dumping tons of $$ into the store! Can't recall if I've even seen OLS but do know that I don't have a physical copy of it....off to amazon! I'm a completeist...

Amazon does have it....for $49.99!! :o

I never thought about before but since I use the disc every day it's a great idea to get a copy of ITF! I checked and the Limited Edition is selling right now for $88. Good grief.