Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storyline Idea Help

I want to play a storydriven game, but I don't have any ideas. Can you help?

Comments

• 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    There are several challenges available that have story as a central force. I even made my own here.

I love playing characters that are in disguise, or who have to hide their true natures from other people. It always makes for an interesting internal struggle as well.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    There are several challenges available that have story as a central force. I even made my own here.

I love playing characters that are in disguise, or who have to hide their true natures from other people. It always makes for an interesting internal struggle as well.
    I won't be doing your challenge because I don't like killing off sims. (I'm a member of the Sims Are People Too club.) I'll look at other challenges though.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    15aewar wrote: »

I won't be doing your challenge because I don't like killing off sims. (I'm a member of the Sims Are People Too club.) I'll look at other challenges though.

Ah. I appreciate you taking the time to look at it, though!

Lots of people enjoy Legacy challenges, but a lot of this depends on your play style!

Do you prefer having the sims dictate your stories, or you dictating your sims' stories?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I use what I know both my history knowledge and my literature/fandom/etc knowledge. As well as what I keep attenion to in the news to help write my story
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    As well as what I keep attenion to in the news to help write my story

So basically Trump, Korea, and hurricanes.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I had a lot of fun accomplishing the woohoo with 50 different Sims achievement. I mainly use the whims when I play and have played some pretty spicy drama filled storylines just off of that.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    As well as what I keep attenion to in the news to help write my story

So basically Trump, Korea, and hurricanes.

actually about RACIAL new.. the only mention i had of Trump was a spoof of him (Mr.Spam) back during Gen 3.

eYPpyM9.png
    6adMCGP.gif
    I had a lot of fun accomplishing the woohoo with 50 different Sims achievement. I mainly use the whims when I play and have played some pretty spicy drama filled storylines just off of that.

While looking at challenges, I saw one following whims and it looked interesting. I might try something whim-related.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    You could try a family driven plot!

I guess, but I prefer to have the kids born in-game.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    I am not a creative person, so I always found it hard to have stories when I play. I suggest trying the I'm a lover challenge. It gives you a little background for each generation, and I found that made me try to come up with stories. For instance, in one generation the heir divorces their husband/wife and in another generation the sim starts poor and becomes rich. Challenges like that may help. It's like a small guide line that could maybe spark some creativity in you.

I guess, but I prefer to have the kids born in-game.

Well you could create a sim or couple and have them start having kids. Then to spice things up hire a male nanny. (Change in CAS if need be) and have the wife become pregnant with the nanny's baby.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    Otoyo wrote: »
    I am not a creative person, so I always found it hard to have stories when I play. I suggest trying the I'm a lover challenge. It gives you a little background for each generation, and I found that made me try to come up with stories. For instance, in one generation the heir divorces their husband/wife and in another generation the sim starts poor and becomes rich. Challenges like that may help. It's like a small guide line that could maybe spark some creativity in you.

I looked at the challenge, but some generations say you can't have kids as a YA. I had calculated a while ago that, if they wait that long to have kids, they will most likely be orphaned as teenagers.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    Otoyo wrote: »

I looked at the challenge, but some generations say you can't have kids as a YA. I had calculated a while ago that, if they wait that long to have kids, they will most likely be orphaned as teenagers.

Oh no don't worry. I played the entire challenge, and they always became young adults before anyone died (usually they were YA for a while before anyone died). The only one where this occurs is the eighth generation. Their parent has to die early, but in my save the mom died and the dad raised his two daughters to adulthood. He didn't die till after the 8th heir had two kids :). Besides no one says you have to follow all the rules exactly. Its just a guideline for your story.
    If you are not opposed to mods, then I suggest the MC Command center mod story progression module. That will give you some ideas to help with a story based game. You can use the pregnancy and marriage notifications for ideas to play off of.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    If you are not opposed to mods, then I suggest the MC Command center mod story progression module. That will give you some ideas to help with a story based game. You can use the pregnancy and marriage notifications for ideas to play off of.

That's my favorite mod; wouldn't play without it! Sounds like that would work for a rotational game.
    I saw a Victorian challenge that looked interesting, but too complicated. Maybe I could do something that takes place in that age though? Idk. I also thought of doing something with one of the City Living jobs. That way the sim's schedule would be more free. Any ideas?
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    yesterday I started a new household where the couple lives totally (or as much as the game allows me) off the grid. It's been quite exausting to take care of all those plants so they can have something to sell while also make a few paintings but it's really fun. and also, I don't have to worry about the bill 'cause the house only has candles anyway. Don't know if its your game style though
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind

That's my favorite mod; wouldn't play without it! Sounds like that would work for a rotational game.

I don't play rotationally but I could see how it really help with that.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´