Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the heck? Laundry?

2...Next

Comments

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @Neia I played TS1 so long ago, I don't remember a whole lot about it :D

@Writin_Reg Yes, I have the canning station from the store, like most other items/venues/premium content. I really like it. I voted for nectar/canning, but mainly for the nectar side. I'm fine w/ laundry coming back because I always used it in TS3. :)
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Writin_Reg
    A quick Google search tells me it's an english thing, so that makes sense. I'm from France, and it's not that common here, except for cornichons. But a whole gameplay object just for cornichons isn't that exciting :D
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2017
    Neia wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg
    A quick Google search tells me it's an english thing, so that makes sense. I'm from France, and it's not that common here, except for cornichons. But a whole gameplay object just for cornichons isn't that exciting :D

LOL. I actually call those baby dills.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited July 2017
    rp_girl wrote: »
    @rudy8292 I'm so sick of this "don't like it don't buy it" plum. You DO NOT get to tell people what to do with their money or time. You aren't even offering an opinion here, you're basically just telling the OP to shut up.

His/Her point is that there is no need to complain about having a laundry pack when you don't have to buy it.Their not telling people what to do with their money or their time.

But in THIS case you are telling people they shouldn't complain as this isn't just any other pack - it is a pack we all worked on together so you want them to go without all the stuff they thus far picked to have in their game because the team choose to put a feature not under the theme of the whole pack up against three other features that fit under the theme of the pack - and the odd one got picked. How is it fair we either suck it up and get things we worked to get for our games and get the none- fitting laundry game feature or go without the whole thing not to get the very much not with the theme laundry feature.

Take for instance the bowling theme was all about bowling - so you either like it - or not. Plus we had no part of picking anything in that pack - it is very different in this pack.

The "then don't buy it" or "buy it and get over the laundry part" reply seems a bit like a nasty remark in this case and very unfair to people who were say already planning in their heads new builds and game play with an ECO theme - and it all comes down to this. Laundry is NOT eco friendly. If it was do you really think eco friendly housing and Villages would object to people living in these places to having this. On top of it without the basic of power, water, etc now even being in an eco friendly themed pack up to the vote that gave us laundry - makes you wonder how would you power or get water to this un-ecofriendly object anyway. I had hoped to recreate the place I actually live now - well that is out of the question. Add to that I did not even like laundry in Sims 3 - so to me the feature play item is useless - so - technically I would normally just pass this up but the fact remains I did have a part in this pack before that last vote - and wanted much of that stuff I choose - but this is apparently an all or nothing thing you say.

Seems to me it will create strife and more conflict between the players than it first brought us together because - Maxis choose to - GO OFF THE GRID of the theme when they could have easily done right by us - let us actually create an eco friendly pack and then done right by the laundry crowd by giving them their own Laundry sp. It is not as if there will be no future sps - now is it? They will say we did eco friendly. Do you think they will do eco friendly again? I don't. Not using the eco friendly style stuff we have already.Even the laundry lovers are complaining the rest of the content won't work well with the items that were chosen in the vote. So really is anyone deliriously happy with this decision?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    op just because some features did not win the vote do not mean that they are forgoten i am sure @SimGuruGraham as taken note to add the features that did not win in a future stuffpack or gamepack its no point to argue and do not forget that modders will make the features that did not win the vote as cc until the day they actually are added to the game. Every player that plays the game is intitle to content they went i would not be suprise that now that laundry as won that we see demands for cars and garage to be added to the sims4

I completely disagree with your post.
    do not forget that modders will make the features that did not win the vote as cc [/b] I don't play with mods or cc, not everyone plays the same way. Also, by this logic, there was no reason to add laundry at all to the Sims 4 because there is a ton of CC laundry decorations for players to use already.

just because some features did not win the vote do not mean that they are forgoten i am sure @SimGuruGraham as taken note to add the features that did not win in a future stuffpack or gamepack its no point to argue

The theme was Eco Living. They will not make another pack with the same theme again. Also, all the blogs, legal disclaimers, and statements by the Graham clearly indicated that any of the other themes and anything that did not win the voting was not ever planned to be in the game.

Every player that plays the game is intitle to content they went

Every player should have some content that they want in the game, because not everybody plays this game the same. Some like to create sims, so much so, that they actually like to populate their entire worlds with their own sims. Some prefer to build and decorate. Some people like to play in a happy little world where nothing bad ever happens, while others prefer the realism that life is not perfect and sometimes life is not always easy or fair. And there are also players that like to play with fantasy characters such as Supernatural life states either completely outside of reality or a mixture of reality.

The Sims 4 seems to be too heavily balanced with the Utopian play and very little to support other types of play. The other game play options represented another way to play, especially off the grid and canning and nectar making.

So I am sorry you don't understand how some people might feel that their play style was dangled in front of them like a glass of water in 115 degree temperature in the desert only to realize that it was a mirage and the glass never existed as the Guru's never had any intention of adding any of these ideas into the game.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I love how the response from some are "if you don't like it, don't buy it" when that is not the point...

A lot of Simmers have been expressing their dissatisfaction with the lack good content stuff packs and lack of expansion packs. The energy used in making some laundry stuff pack could be used in something else, perhaps better.

People have every right to complain. Simmers have every right to complain. Instead of responding with nasty remarks, maybe some of you guys should be a tad more understanding about how others feel.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    ElenPink wrote: »
    I love how the response from some are "if you don't like it, don't buy it" when that is not the point...

A lot of Simmers have been expressing their dissatisfaction with the lack good content stuff packs and lack of expansion packs. The energy used in making some laundry stuff pack could be used in something else, perhaps better.

People have every right to complain. Simmers have every right to complain. Instead of responding with nasty remarks, maybe some of you guys should be a tad more understanding about how others feel.

They'll regret saying "if you don't like it, don't buy it" when everyone gives up on TS4 ever being good, quits buying it, and they decide TS5 won't be a go hahahahaha Funny how it was "give it a chance" when TS4 first came out and nobody wanted to buy it and the execs threatened 5 would never happen if 4 doesn't sell and now its "don't buy it"

Ok I won't hahahahaha This or any other pack from 4. I'm going back to 3
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    Even though I see laundry not at all as eco-friendly - for those that insist "they gotta have it" then I see this link as at least useful to steer your real life laundry in the direction of at least knowing what one can do for all humanity on real earth when laundry is your thing - so if you want to know ways to green your laundry - this is a good article and informative -

https://www.treehugger.com/htgg/how-to-go-green-laundry.html

Granted it does not do much as far as the Sims goes - but seeing all us simmers are REAL people discussing an also real part of life - in which you want to have also in your game - as one who truly cares about the real world on which I live - at least give it a look.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    Laundry has been a huge request becauase of the positive moodlets. If you don't want ot do it, delete the washing machines or don't buy the pack.
  • reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    From what I’m seeing the problem is the pack name. But... don’t we get to vote for that? It’s not like it HAS to be called Eco Living. Oh heck, keep the eco and call it Home Eco and it’ll fit. What’s bothering more is the art style, the canning option seems to have fit best for the art style. But hey, I wanted laundry just as badly even if I didn’t vote for it, not gonna complain.
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I really didnt like many of the voting options. I didnt vote cause i couldnt decide but hwo wants to buy a SP thats all about laundry, If life was just a base game and you had to buy features in your life would you rather buy having to do the laundry or skip out? i mean who want to do their laundry irl let alone in sims. I hated doing it in ts3 and always deleted the washing machines but come on guys really? this is why i stick with ts3. not very happy with this

Agree - especially in a pack based on the THEME of Eco Friendly we get Laundry Machines! Solar panels, wind turbines, water pumps and wells lose.

The sarcastic don't like it, don't buy it crowd - tend to forget this was a special pack - not just any other pack and we already had been VOTING on the creation of a pack - that's the laundry lovers solution even for this special pack. Nothing like stabbing you in the heart with a knife and then twist it with THOSE words. They get laundry - that's all that matters. Too bad the pack wasn't a choice between laundry - and pets or seasons - then perhaps they would know how it feels. They'd probably still pick laundry. But that is to me how the main objects don't even relate and should not ever have been against each other in an eco friendly pack. 3 choices were under Eco friendly practices up against -the not eco friendly laundry - but they toss in hand washing to try and make it look more eco friendly. This pack is a big joke - especially seeing how the styles we voted in thus far does not fit a laundry pack, or so I see the laundry lovers complaining any way.

They could have added laundry to almost any ep and some gps even - but adding laundry to an eco friendly sp which usually has just one central idea and this one was ECO FRIENDLY would have been like adding a Swings to the Bowling pack or an adults only game to the kids stuff pack - etc. They did not do those kind of things in the previous SPs for Sims 4 - so why do this in an ECO Friendly pack.

The actual only ECO friendly alternative is an ECO friendly Laundromat - not wash tubs. Wash tubs still waste water and don't go giving me the grey water garbage - neither are allowed in the eco villages where I live. Last I heard the sps laundry machines are only usable on home lots in this pack. By rights laundry should have been in the GTW ep and had a laundromat as one of the business options.

And don't forget that it has to be not only Eco friendly, but was suppose to be country themed as well. The line and the wash tub are eco friendly, but any machine added won't be both ECO friendly and country at the same time since those are the two that was suppose to represent this pack. What should've happened was that they/the team should've said when we were voting on the modern & country themes that machines would only be in the modern choice and another style of washing would be included in the country style. That would've been more fair. Pitting new ideas that really had people excited over one idea that has a huge following was just wrong, because the choices didn't start off on equal footing and then adding the machines just to keep people happy isn't the most professional thing to do. Like the OP, I'm really feeling in a S3 mood. I wasn't happy when there were no real new machines with the fitness pack as I wanted to add to the gym. I'm really not happy with Pets if it doesn't include smaller animals like S3 did and maybe one or two venues like a pet store and a veterinary lot with the vet job included. And as far as laundry, I just don't know. I love the country stuff, a couple of the CAS, and the use of a washtub and line, but unless the machines are dingy ones then I'm not sure it will be the same. Maybe the machine will be a wringer washer, because that is the only choice that could meet the two directives that won and that is Eco and it had to be country.
  • shweta_anishweta_ani Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="rudy8292;c-15877712"][quote="danibostonian;c-15876269"][quote="rudy8292;c-15875133"]If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's that simple.

And you know what; I am pretty sure a lot of people will buy it anyway.
    And a lot of stories and comments will pour in how they love the SP (like always).

And about chores;

The Sims has a lot of ''chores'' already in game.

Cleaning sinks,tubs,showers etc.
    Taking out the trash;
    Fixing broken stuff;
    Tending the garden;
    Mopping up puddles;
    Cleaning up the mess left behind when fixing objects etc etc.

Any fuss about that? No.
    Some people don't like Laundry, and that is fine. Don't put a washing machine and hamper on your lot if you don't want to do Laundry. Easy.

Or even better; don't buy it at all.

Laundry is what we're getting, and there are enough people who obviously want Laundry, because otherwise it wouldn't have won the voting.

It's like Laundry is the new Toddlers, but just the other way around (at least here on these forums). How hard people scream not wanting it, or at least not in a Stuff Pack..

We're getting 10 000 more stuff packs, so if this one isn't the one for you, just skip.

Oh yeah and another thing: The Sims is a life simulator. No, it is not a one-on-one copy of real life, because it has its own weird stuff, but it is a life simulator. Chores are meant to be there.[/quote]

You really dont get what im saying. This is a waste of an SP. We could put laundry with an SP not make a whole SP just for laundry. SERRRIOUSLY[/quote]

How? SP's have one or two (some some sometimes 3) gameplay objects/gameplay related things, and that's most likely not going to be different this time around.

You still get the usual; new clothing, new hairstyles, new objects, and yes, Laundry Machines (and maybe, because that was the idea) also 'Eco friendly' alternatives, such as a washtub and clothesline.

So; also; to all people complaining about laundry not being 'eco friendly', think again, because EA is going to give you the 'eco friendly' alternative too. [/quote]

Clothesline without a seasons pack is kinda sad.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    edited August 2017
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I really didnt like many of the voting options. I didnt vote cause i couldnt decide but hwo wants to buy a SP thats all about laundry, If life was just a base game and you had to buy features in your life would you rather buy having to do the laundry or skip out? i mean who want to do their laundry irl let alone in sims. I hated doing it in ts3 and always deleted the washing machines but come on guys really? this is why i stick with ts3. not very happy with this

Agree - especially in a pack based on the THEME of Eco Friendly we get Laundry Machines! Solar panels, wind turbines, water pumps and wells lose.

The sarcastic don't like it, don't buy it crowd - tend to forget this was a special pack - not just any other pack and we already had been VOTING on the creation of a pack - that's the laundry lovers solution even for this special pack. Nothing like stabbing you in the heart with a knife and then twist it with THOSE words. They get laundry - that's all that matters. Too bad the pack wasn't a choice between laundry - and pets or seasons - then perhaps they would know how it feels. They'd probably still pick laundry. But that is to me how the main objects don't even relate and should not ever have been against each other in an eco friendly pack. 3 choices were under Eco friendly practices up against -the not eco friendly laundry - but they toss in hand washing to try and make it look more eco friendly. This pack is a big joke - especially seeing how the styles we voted in thus far does not fit a laundry pack, or so I see the laundry lovers complaining any way.

They could have added laundry to almost any ep and some gps even - but adding laundry to an eco friendly sp which usually has just one central idea and this one was ECO FRIENDLY would have been like adding a Swings to the Bowling pack or an adults only game to the kids stuff pack - etc. They did not do those kind of things in the previous SPs for Sims 4 - so why do this in an ECO Friendly pack.

The actual only ECO friendly alternative is an ECO friendly Laundromat - not wash tubs. Wash tubs still waste water and don't go giving me the grey water garbage - neither are allowed in the eco villages where I live. Last I heard the sps laundry machines are only usable on home lots in this pack. By rights laundry should have been in the GTW ep and had a laundromat as one of the business options.

Haha, no. If it was between Seasons or Pets or Laundry I would have chosen Seasons, because Pets and Laundry I can live without.

I struggle to see how seasons is better than having a pet. You can do so much more with an animal. Ignoring real life stuff, you can play with pets, teach them tricks, walk them, have a best friend for life, be a vet, etc.

What can you do with seasons? Go to the beach in summer (they will probably be no beach), watch the trees grow leaves and watch them fall off the trees and play in the snow. That's it.

I struggle to see how you won't get bored in a few cycles of the seasons. But with pets you can probably find something different it do with them. Plus you get be to a vet.

And don't say "don't like it don't buy it" cos I'm not gonna I am just voicing my opinion.

And Laundry I can live without too.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    "The Sims 4 seems to be too heavily balanced with the Utopian play and very little to support other types of play."

Yes!

I bought bowling, backyards and wall climbing and have used these items maybe 5 times. I should have learned by now. Didn't buy vintage glamour because I don't enjoy luxury but I don't use these items either.

I like creating challenges and strife for my sims, surviving in harsh conditions. It isn't easy to make that work. The wash tub could work for me but it feels a bit bitter after missing out on a well and solar panels.

Will stop using stuff packs promoting gameplay items that only promotes happiness. I got that already, in spades.

Solar panels, when you are far from civilization.

Well, how will you else get water

Archery, hunt for food

Typewriter
  • ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    If you don't want it, don't buy it. It's that simple.

And you know what; I am pretty sure a lot of people will buy it anyway.
    And a lot of stories and comments will pour in how they love the SP (like always).

And about chores;

The Sims has a lot of ''chores'' already in game.

Cleaning sinks,tubs,showers etc.
    Taking out the trash;
    Fixing broken stuff;
    Tending the garden;
    Mopping up puddles;
    Cleaning up the mess left behind when fixing objects etc etc.

Any fuss about that? No.
    Some people don't like Laundry, and that is fine. Don't put a washing machine and hamper on your lot if you don't want to do Laundry. Easy.

Or even better; don't buy it at all.

Laundry is what we're getting, and there are enough people who obviously want Laundry, because otherwise it wouldn't have won the voting.

It's like Laundry is the new Toddlers, but just the other way around (at least here on these forums). How hard people scream not wanting it, or at least not in a Stuff Pack..

We're getting 10 000 more stuff packs, so if this one isn't the one for you, just skip.

Oh yeah and another thing: The Sims is a life simulator. No, it is not a one-on-one copy of real life, because it has its own weird stuff, but it is a life simulator. Chores are meant to be there.

I totally agree with you. House work is part of life and the Sims needs to be as much life-like as possible.
    I had just a tiny few ideas for this.
    To add the option to hand wash clothes as well, as I hand wash certain clothing, I don't just use the machine.
    Also the option to wash your hair on the Sims.
    The option to take your clothes to the Launderette, this can tie in with starting your own Launderette business or can be a career option.
    Having a clothes line in the game would also be great.
    I'm not sure if this would work out ?
    Adding a vacuum into the gameplay, (for example), after so long, bits will appear on the carpet only and this feature will only
    activate if you've bought a vacuum.
    Housework is also what makes a tidy Sim, to be honest, I enjoyed the Laundry feature on Sims 3.
    Can't play Sims 3 anymore, because it freezes every 5 seconds.
    Therefore I advanced to Sims 4 and I love it.
    It's nice to be back sharing ideas.