Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The name generator

When are they going to tone down the Asian names? In the Cats & Dogs patch? It's really driving me nuts. I know there are mods but I really don't want to install one.

Comments

• Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Hopefully soon I've been thinking about going in and changing names but I've been too lazy to do it
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Yeah, loading up CAS every time you see a name that annoys you can be a real pain in the plumbob.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I'm afraid after Cats&Dogs comes out game's gonna be using assets from this pack only instead of CL and it's gonna be just as annoying :|
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    When are they going to tone down the Asian names? In the Cats & Dogs patch? It's really driving me nuts. I know there are mods but I really don't want to install one.

use the ones on the web, nothing to install
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,826 Member

Hoe does that help? Do you think I mean in CAS? I mean with townie generation. I'm sick of having three each of Al Mussa, Trevedi, Singh, and Yoshida.
  • Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    I just delete all the homeless townies , I can't deal with the Asian names and city living only clothing lmao

Hoe does that help? Do you think I mean in CAS? I mean with townie generation. I'm sick of having three each of Al Mussa, Trevedi, Singh, and Yoshida.

I don't pay any attention to the townies, just like in real life.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I just delete the townies if I don't like their last name or if they're unattractive or elders, I know that sounds terrible.
    LoriTSp wrote: »
    I just delete the townies if I don't like their last name or if they're unattractive or elders, I know that sounds terrible.

I do the same thing now because it's just so overwhelming. I would just do a bit of editing in the past
  • tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this! I also have a LOT of elders and ghosts. I think it's so weird how the ghosts just go on living kind of like normal.
  • Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    MCCC mod by Deaderpool has easy option to rename Sims

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2017
    Most of my townies have not Asian, but East Indian names. It'd be fine if all the sims in my game were East Indian, but I have cultural diversity in my game... Where are the Barbra's, Shamika's, Sioban's... etc...

@Konan_Norris I know you are right about MCCC and its a great tool, but shouldn't really be necessary to fix something like this ya know? Not to mention that it shouldn't be necessary to fix all the other things it fixes that are off topic for this post and I won't go into them... Just a bit frustrated I suppose. :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    Exactly @duhboy2u2 I don't want to use anything to fix is this issue, I shouldn't have to. EA should adjust the tuning, it's been complained about enough and it's actually one of the easier fixes.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I like to make my own townies by the truck load, so I feel your pain. I do have a solution to your frustration though.

The Sims Family Generator

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I've been getting German names, and a few Asian. I only delete those with the jealous, hates children, unflirty, mean/evil trait. I get so many game generated parents with the hates children trait or the mean evil trait. I delete them and make the kids new parents.
  • Oh_MereOh_Mere Posts: 49 Member
    I've had this problem too and I'm so glad it's not just me. The nanny for my family is a ginger named Kengo Hasegawa. (he also never goes home or dies or ages. He's been in my family's house for generations. but that's another issue.) I wouldn't mind the large number of Asian/Indian names in my game if they were given to Asian/Indian sims.
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    People all over the world play this game. Why should there only be english names?
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    People all over the world play this game. Why should there only be english names?

that's not what they're saying at all. After City Living 90% of the game names are Asian, no matter the sim looks Asian or not.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited September 2017
    I like using this:

https://www.behindthename.com/random/

I like that you can select what nationality you would like the name to be and if you want a middle name or not.

ETA:
    I guess it helps to add that I generally try to populate my world with townies of my creation/or heavy editing
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have seven households with the name hasegawa. Excluding the premades, it means majority of the spawned in townies have the same last name. I wanted diversity, but if they all have the same names it's not really being diverse.

I usually go in and give my Sims either Brazilian or Greek names (two that the game doesn't currently have, and that are my own heritage). If I am feeling really adventurous, I randomly pick a country and then pick names specific to that location using behindthenames. I also edit their clothing, cause all the ladies are wearing the same long skirt from City living and I hate that skirt.

Sometimes, I also put all the households with the same last names together and make large families.
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I like using this:

I like that you can select what nationality you would like the name to be and if you want a middle name or not.

ETA:
    I guess it helps to add that I generally try to populate my world with townies of my creation/or heavy editing

Thanks - I picked Greek mythology and a first and middle name, since there is no last name option, I'll use the middle name as a last name. I got: Ariadne Megaira
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I like using this:

ETA:

Thanks - I picked Greek mythology and a first and middle name, since there is no last name option, I'll use the middle name as a last name. I got: Ariadne Megaira

just off to the side you can put a tick to randomize the sure name pretty sure it will randomize within the nationality that you choose.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    I like using this:

ETA:

just off to the side you can put a tick to randomize the sure name pretty sure it will randomize within the nationality that you choose.

Okay, can't be a mythology character, so I choose German and I got first and last = Ingeburg Kneib - LOL
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

that's not what they're saying at all. After City Living 90% of the game names are Asian, no matter the sim looks Asian or not.

oh, i wasn't aware of that. that's not the case in my game. I still get mostly english names and I do have City Living.