Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes to minimum requirements for Cats & Dogs expansion pack

Comments

• loulouloulou Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2017
    @loulou You dxdiag is cut off. If you could post a pastebin link that would be great. I need to see the whole thing Thanks

To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

Sorry! Hope this is everything you need. You can tell why I need help with this ;)

xDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_90B7104D&REV_09
    Display Memory: 1792 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 32 MB
    Shared Memory: 1760 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: CMN15BB
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.006Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32
    Driver File Version: 10.18.0010.3621 (English)
    Driver Version: 10.18.10.3621
    DDI Version: 11
    Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
    Graphics Preemption: DMA

Edit: Wait, I might be misunderstanding again, is this what you need? https://pastebin.com/yKSsHy48
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @loulou It did not come out right but I was able to google your make and model laptop and get info that way . Unfortunately your laptop is below requirements and I do believe you would have issues running pets. You have the option to invest or save up for a computer that meets requirements if you don't have another computer to play on that meets requirements. It would be risky for you to buy the ep and not be able to run it. Sorry for the bad news
    rosemow wrote: »
    This is a link to the dxdiag info @phoebebebe13
    https://pastebin.com/yKSsHy48

Thanks @rosemow. The DxDiag reads the same way as me looking up their specific make and model on line . It's under requirements :'(
  • loulouloulou Posts: 71 Member

Thanks @rosemow. The DxDiag reads the same way as me looking up their specific make and model on line . It's under requirements :'(

Okay, thank you for you help.
    loulou wrote: »

Okay, thank you for you help.

Your welcome and I'm sorry about your computer
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I wonder what the system specs are of the computers the devs use to create the game.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I wonder what the system specs are of the computers the devs use to create the game.

Higher ones than many of us have I suspect ;)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

I too suspect that the devs are using a much more powerful PC than any of us has that they create this game. If you consider how long that it takes for them to find and fix the bugs that they don't see right away when they go to play to clean things up in the game. That suggests that they are using more powerful PC than any of us has.
    edited September 2017
    sunman502 wrote: »

I too suspect that the devs are using a much more powerful PC than any of us has that they create this game. If you consider how long that it takes for them to find and fix the bugs that they don't see right away when they go to play to clean things up in the game. That suggests that they are using more powerful PC than any of us has.

they may not be testing the game enough or they don't see it on their computers. Allot of people are playing on low end computers. They will feel the bug effects more. Then you may have people with more high end computers playing in a higher resolution than their video card can handle. That could create problems for those people. Windows 10 is also a problem , one drive was giving the game issues. Windows creator update was giving the game issues. Windows 10 takes allot to run so someone with only 8gb ram could have issues trying to run the game, origin windows 10 and other programs. Windows 10 can have memory leaks. Windows 10 is constantly updating so that could be an issue. Then you have origin and I wonder if that could be causing more game bugs or problems. When they are crating these eps, pack, patches I wonder if their computers are tied into origin when they do testing before release. ? Origin causes many EA games issues not just the sims .

When this game was created , it was before Windows 10 came out so that could have allot to do with it. Especially that windows is always updating

they may not be testing the game enough or they don't see it on their computers. Allot of people are playing on low end computers. They will feel the bug effects more. Then you may have people with more high end computers playing in a higher resolution than their video card can handle. That could create problems for those people. Windows 10 is also a problem , one drive was giving the game issues. Windows creator update was giving the game issues. Windows 10 takes allot to run so someone with only 8gb ram could have issues trying to run the game, origin windows 10 and other programs. Windows 10 can have memory leaks. Then you have origin and I wonder if that could be causing more game bugs or problems. When they are crating these eps, pack, patches I wonder if their computers are tied into origin when they do testing before release. ? Origin causes many EA games issues not just the sims .
    That's what I was saying, the people playing on lower end PC's are likely see the effects of the bugs a lot more than people playing on the higher end PC's. I'm playing on the lower end of higher PC which is likely the reason why that I don't experience a lot of the bugs that other people are reporting.
    What OS doesn't have it's problems?
    My PC was a Windows 7, but now it's a Windows 10, and I'm still not having a lot of issues with the game. Getting it to run or otherwise. Occasionally I will have some gameplay issues, but it's mostly game related and system related. I know this because I generally find a work around. You can't do that with most system related issues, unless you change the system so that it meets system requirements.

they may not be testing the game enough or they don't see it on their computers. Allot of people are playing on low end computers. They will feel the bug effects more. Then you may have people with more high end computers playing in a higher resolution than their video card can handle. That could create problems for those people. Windows 10 is also a problem , one drive was giving the game issues. Windows creator update was giving the game issues. Windows 10 takes allot to run so someone with only 8gb ram could have issues trying to run the game, origin windows 10 and other programs. Windows 10 can have memory leaks. Then you have origin and I wonder if that could be causing more game bugs or problems. When they are crating these eps, pack, patches I wonder if their computers are tied into origin when they do testing before release. ? Origin causes many EA games issues not just the sims .
    That's what I was saying, the people playing on lower end PC's are likely see the effects of the bugs a lot more than people playing on the higher end PC's. I'm playing on the lower end of higher PC which is likely the reason why that I don't experience a lot of the bugs that other people are reporting.
    My PC was a Windows 7, but now it's a Windows 10, and I'm still not having a lot of issues with the game. Getting it to run or otherwise. Occasionally I will have some gameplay issues, but it's mostly game related and system related. I know this because I generally find a work around. You can't do that with most system related issues, unless you change the system so that it meets system requirements.

Windows 10 more so because it is constantly updating. I have windows 8 where I am able to pick and choose and stop updates if I want to

Low end computers with the power of windows 10 and then the game on top of it is not a good combination.

We have had people with high end having issues. Some of the can only run the game in 32 bit mode when they have more than enough ram and 64 bit windows. Some can only play in windowed mode with a high end card. We have seen allot of this . It effects some people and not others. Games can be funny and like some hardware better than others. There are many people in here that might tell you the sims 3 runs much better for them than sims 4 and visa versa. These are people that have computers that meet requirements. The sims 3 runs great on both my laptop and desktop ( leaving out EA bugs) . I played without any mods for years. I only added mods to stop all the spawning of pets and horses when unchecking animals in the launcher was not working for me.

edited September 2017

Windows 10 more so because it is constantly updating. I have windows 8 where I am able to pick and choose and stop updates if I want to

Low end computers with the power of windows 10 and then the game on top of it is not a good combination.

We have had people with high end having issues. Some of the can only run the game in 32 bit mode when they have more than enough ram and 64 bit windows. Some can only play in windowed mode with a high end card. We have seen allot of this . It effects some people and not others. Games can be funny and like some hardware better than others. There are many people in here that might tell you the sims 3 runs much better for them than sims 4 and visa versa. These are people that have computers that meet requirements. The sims 3 runs great on both my laptop and desktop ( leaving out EA bugs) . I played without any mods for years. I only added mods to stop all the spawning of pets and horses when unchecking animals in the launcher was not working for me.
    You are going to have some problems with the game no matter which end of the power scale you are on, as far as PC's go.
    Windows 10 and low end PC's, yeah probably not a good combination. And is the reason why Microsoft didn't offer a Windows 10 upgrade to PC's that didn't have Windows 7, 8, or 8.2.
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Hi so I need advice regarding if my Laptop can even run pets.

Windows 10 64 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @2.30 GHz 2.40GHz <- (I don't know why I have 2 of these) :D
    Memory: 8.00GB RAM (7.85GB usable)

Nvidia Geforce 940M with 4GB Dedicated Vram

However, note that later this December I will be needing to get a new laptop, since our family always make sure we have 2 Laptops in the house :/. so the minimum I should look for in a new laptop is also info I will need ;) thanks in advanced!
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

You are going to have some problems with the game no matter which end of the power scale you are on, as far as PC's go.
    Windows 10 and low end PC's, yeah probably not a good combination. And is the reason why Microsoft didn't offer a Windows 10 upgrade to PC's that didn't have Windows 7, 8, or 8.2.

Microsoft tried to force everyone on windows 10. My desktop can handle windows 10 but I did not want it. I had to block it from updating. My windows 7 tablet would not support windows 10 and I had to block it on their too. We had several people in here that got forced to 10 when their hardware could not support it. Some of them were past the time frame to revert back. If they did not have a recovery disc they would have issues.Old toshiba laptops were having a big issue
    Hi so I need advice regarding if my Laptop can even run pets.

Windows 10 64 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @2.30 GHz 2.40GHz <- (I don't know why I have 2 of these) :D
    Memory: 8.00GB RAM (7.85GB usable)

Nvidia Geforce 940M with 4GB Dedicated Vram

However, note that later this December I will be needing to get a new laptop, since our family always make sure we have 2 Laptops in the house :/. so the minimum I should look for in a new laptop is also info I will need ;) thanks in advanced!

Your border line . Its under recommended requirements to run this whole game. None of us know how powerful this new ep is going to make the game only that it will up the game.

Your processor is a dual core and the game requires quad core on desktop so you do really need a more powerful quad core on laptop. This game is processor heavy

The 940m card is a lower end yet dedicated card. You video card can not game at higher resolutions like 1080p

You might be OK. If you decide to go for it, some suggestions on how to reduce stress should your game start to lag

Windows 10 takes allot to run. If you only have 8 gb computer ram, try playing y the 32 bit version of the game. Playing the 32 bit version of the game will cap the game to only using 3.5 gb of your computer ram and leave 4.5 gb computer ram for everything else running on your computer. If you play the 64 bit version of the game it will take away more ram and the rest of your computer will have less ram to work with

You can lower your game resolution in launcher options, you can tick off laptop mode, you can lower your game settings and play in windowed mode. You can try one of these or a combination of these but all will take stress off your laptop. You would have to play with the settings to see what works best for you

Own a laptop cooler if you don't own one. Gaming uses a lot more power and can generate heat. Heat can to damage to any computer with out proper cooling.

If your looking for a new laptop that equals the recommended requirements on desktop, Come into tech section and we can help you do that. Post your budget and country. Laptops to run this whole game will be more expensive than desktop. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900950/what-is-the-best-computer-for-sims-4-and-other-gaming/p26
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    I'll buy a new laptop before Cats & Dogs is released but now I'm not sure I've choose the right model, can someone tell me if I'll be able to run the game well?

Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ
    Dedicated Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Memory: 8GB DDR4
    Storage: 256GB SSD
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
    edited September 2017
    Corvinow wrote: »
    I'll buy a new laptop before Cats & Dogs is released but now I'm not sure I've choose the right model, can someone tell me if I'll be able to run the game well?

Processor: 7th Generation Intel Core i5-7300HQ
    Dedicated Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Memory: 8GB DDR4
    Storage: 256GB SSD

It meets requirements however that hard drive is very small. You need a larger hard drive and preferably an i7 quad core processor . This game requires an i5 on desktop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop

If your looking for a new laptop that equals the recommended requirements on desktop, Come into tech section and we can help you do that. Post your budget and country. Laptops to run this whole game will be more expensive than desktop. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900950/what-is-the-best-computer-for-sims-4-and-other-gaming/p26

Oh indeed!

I personally deplore windows 8; may I ask, how do you find it coping with the kinda split personality of the OS, with both the desktop mode and the live tiles?

Microsoft tried to force everyone on windows 10. My desktop can handle windows 10 but I did not want it. I had to block it from updating. My windows 7 tablet would not support windows 10 and I had to block it on their too. We had several people in here that got forced to 10 when their hardware could not support it. Some of them were past the time frame to revert back. If they did not have a recovery disc they would have issues.Old toshiba laptops were having a big issue

Though I continue to use windows, because I've used it for 80+% of my life and don't wish to switch, I lost a lot of respect for microsoft when they did that - very sneaky.
    I wonder if we'll get an opportunity to ask the devs about their system specs.

I personally deplore windows 8; may I ask, how do you find it coping with the kinda split personality of the OS, with both the desktop mode and the live tiles?

I don't like windows 8 however 10 is worse. I do not like forced updates on my computer at all. If I could have windows 7 I would but they stopped supporting part of it. . Even talking with microsoft tech, XP was the most stable OS . I would love to go back to XP :p

Though I continue to use windows, because I've used it for 80+% of my life and don't wish to switch, I lost a lot of respect for microsoft when they did that - very sneaky.

Yes. It caused allot of people issues. They were forcing people to update. Many older computers who's hardware could not support it. If I let it update it would have destroyed my tablet. My tablet video card would not support windows 10 and it only has 64 gb hard drive space and 4 gb ram
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,458 Member
    All I can say, is nobody forces me to do anything. I was a tad curious about Windows 10, but I had specifically sought a gaming rig with Windows 7 and am very content. I had little to no trouble transitioning from Windows XP to 7. Now, my new laptop, which is where my writing and genealogy will be done for the most part, is Windows 10, which my hubby swears by. Me? I'm still scratching my head. I'm having a very hard time sorting things out, to the point I got so frustrated I'm almost cried. It's a bit easier, now, since my hubby made short-cuts for the programs I use the most. But, still, I'm used to being able to do stuff on my own. I fully expect to outlive him (as most non-working women do) and I need to know I can still be self-sufficient. I am so grateful the ruptured aneurysm didn't leave me disabled.

@phoebebebe13 , my Windows 7 still updates. Everyday I shut down and leave the monitor on to see if it's updating, then shut it off and let it do its thing. So, some part of it is supported.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/