Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move from mac to pc

Hey guys, I am moving from playing on a mac to moving to a pc. However, I am playing one save since the beginning of Sims 4. It is my big rotational save and is really dear to my heart. I know that you can just copy the save folder and put it in the new pc once sims 4 is installed. I am just not sure, if a save file on mac can be put in a pc? No a tech genius here?

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Just copy over the Sims 4 folder (trash the Options.ini file though) to your PC. That will then include all saves/CC/Tray etc.
    apple-signature.png
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @BluebellFlora Perfect! Thank you. I just wasn't sure, if mac/Windows switch would create a problem.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @LenaDieters11 You would install the game from stretch on the new PC. Start the game so it generates a sims 4 folder. You can then replace that new sims 4 folder with your old one. Just come into PC tech when you get your new computer should you have any issues
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @phoebebebe13 Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate what you're doing! :)
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @LenaDieters11 your very welcome. I help with computer hardware for the game. If you have any game files issues rosemow or luthienrising can help you with that.