Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I stop playing the sims?

I'm quite clueless about computers and macs and how they work, so I need your advice and help.
These are my mac specs (is that what it's called? I'm not sure) :

Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I have a good amount of CC, and all the expansion packs, all the game packs, and most of the game packs.
I'm scared that my mac won't be able to run the sims anymore if I keep playing, and I'm even more scared that my mac will die due to the sims. I'm so clueless about all this stuff, so pleeease help me. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Or should I just uninstall my game altogether?
Thanks!
8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh

Comments

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Sadly your mac is way under powered. I would recommend using pcs for games. Use the mac for your productivity. I would recommend considering a better mac or getting a pc.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Not computer-savvy, either, but how about de-installing the cc and packs that you use least?
    It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    aob wrote: »
    I'm quite clueless about computers and macs and how they work, so I need your advice and help.
    These are my mac specs (is that what it's called? I'm not sure) :

Processor 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I have a good amount of CC, and all the expansion packs, all the game packs, and most of the game packs.
    I'm scared that my mac won't be able to run the sims anymore if I keep playing, and I'm even more scared that my mac will die due to the sims. I'm so clueless about all this stuff, so pleeease help me. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Or should I just uninstall my game altogether?
    Thanks!

The Sims won't kill your Mac but if you're on a laptop and don't allow air to circulate underneath then it will get very hot and you will probably shorten it's lifespan. You haven't provided very much information but as you have a low powered processor I'm guessing your Mac probably has pretty underpowered integrated graphics too. And 4Gb RAM is on the low side too.
    apple-signature.png