Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am missing Worlds and EPs

I am so frustrated. I am missing my Worlds and EPs. I have searched the forums. Please help

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    How are they missing?

Worlds are downloaded from the sims 3 store. EP's will be in your origin account. EA has consolidated the sims 3. If you click on your sims 3 game you should find your EP's there. They are not listing them individually anymore.
  • leosimsbrleosimsbr Posts: 31 Member
    Like @phoebebebe13 said, EA has consolidated Sims 3, they aren't listing individually anymore, they're listing in Game Details.

You can find your EPs and SPs in Origin, if they are registered:

1. Go to your Games Library
    2. Click on Sims 3 game title;
    3. Click on "Extra Content".

After this, all available expansions and stuff packs will appear for you.

Your Worlds can be finded in your Purchase History in Sims 3 Store.

1. Go to thesims3.com;
    2. Log in;
    3. Place the cursor on "Store"-> "My Store Account" and click on "Purchase History";

All content that you bought in Sims 3 Store will appear for you.
  • truckie024truckie024 Posts: 26 New Member
    i got this kind of problem also, just it all installed and none of the packs are showing in the expansion/stuff tab when game loads up, the only thing that shows up is the one that was installed from dvd
    edited July 2017
    truckie024 wrote: »
    i got this kind of problem also, just it all installed and none of the packs are showing in the expansion/stuff tab when game loads up, the only thing that shows up is the one that was installed from dvd

Did you buy your codes from an unauthorized source like ebay? EA is removing eps from accounts if the codes were bought from an unauthorized source. If you got a TOS violation you would have to contact EA directly. If you downloads were bought through origin , I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling origin and rebooting your computer. This should fix the problem
  • truckie024truckie024 Posts: 26 New Member
    all the ones failing to show i have never had before, all were brought from origin store bar sweet treats as i cant get it off store any more, uninstalled 2 times now and tried repair with same issue
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    truckie024 wrote: »
    all the ones failing to show i have never had before, all were brought from origin store bar sweet treats as i cant get it off store any more, uninstalled 2 times now and tried repair with same issue
    In that case, I would suggest contacting EA's Customer Support. There could be something unexpectedly wrong with your Origin account that they need to correct on their end.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Hi, I am having the same problem. Been working fine up until today and now my game is not recognizing my expansion packs and some of my sims are disappearing in worlds that are nowhere near overpopulated.
  • JENNIFERZ77JENNIFERZ77 Posts: 126 Member
    I have only ever used steam and Origin. I ended up doing a restore on my computer and starting all over. I downloaded some sims from the store and there was quite a few with outfits with errors. I think that is what messed up my game.
    I have only ever used steam and Origin. I ended up doing a restore on my computer and starting all over. I downloaded some sims from the store and there was quite a few with outfits with errors. I think that is what messed up my game.

are you mixing steam and origin? They are two different versions of the game and can not be mixed. You either have to play all origin or all steam
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Since de Launch of TS3, in ''Extensions and objects'' you can enable of disable the EP's and stuff's. When I had this problem, it was just because my EP's were disable.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited July 2017
    Since de Launch of TS3, in ''Extensions and objects'' you can enable of disable the EP's and stuff's. When I had this problem, it was just because my EP's were disable.
    "Since the launch of TS3" would be since 2009 and is not quite correct. This is only true for players on an Origin controlled Patch 1.69 game as of late 2015. Those on 1.67 do not have this feature, there would be no such tab on their Launcher. Both patches are considered current (not everyone has Origin controlled installs).

But yes, an EP required for a particular saved game to run failing to load for whatever reason would be a problem.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I have Generations on steam and the rest on origins. How do I transfer Generations to Origins so I can play that if I can't mix EP's from steam and origin anymore?
    @JENNIFERZ77 - Steam is a gaming platform independent of Origin. The two versions of the games (and EPs, etc.) are different from each other. You can't have an Origin TS3 install and a Steam TS3 install at the same time on the same computer. This has never been possible.

However, when you purchase a base game or EP from Steam they throw in an Origin code for you free of charge. You could register that code on Origin and add Generations to your Origin install that way. Not the Steam version, the Origin version.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    It seems somehow I have really goofed up my whole game and understanding what I need. I used to play a lot then I had to take a break and now I am trying to get back into the swing of things.
  • ZggyRckr87ZggyRckr87 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi, I don't know if this post is dead or not, or if my problem applies, but up until recently, my game was working completely fine. And then, all of a sudden, EP's stopped loading into the game (even with the whole un-ticking and re-ticking in launcher trick) and I can't for the life of me get Sunlit Tides to install/load properly. It was my most recent purchase through the Sims 3 store, and even when it says it downloads and then installs completely, it doesn't show up in game. I've tried repairing the game through Origin as well as uninstalling and re-installing without mods or old saves. Nothing seems to work and the "support" guy on the phone was kind of rude and didn't really help me. He just kept repeating how EA doesn't approve of mods, even after I explained to him that I already tried loading the game on a clean install without them. I really hope someone on here can help me out. It's driving me crazy. I've optimized my game on my computer and it runs super smooth even with all the EP's installed. But now the game seems to be broken in a really annoying way. :-(
    edited August 2017
    @ZggyRckr87 - On the Sunlit Tides issue, are you saying that if you were to start a new game, then the world does not show up as homeworld in which to start? If you look in the InstalledWorlds folder of your TS3 user game folder in Documents, does Sunlit Tides appear in there? Or did you mean that you had an ongoing game already in Sunlit Tides that now does not show as a saved game to load up?

There will be a file in your user game folder called DeviceConfig.log, or it might be showing as just DeviceCofig if you have extensions hidden (same file). Does its modification date/time match the last time you started up your game? If not sure, start it up and it should change immediately to the current date/time. If not, then you have another game folder somewhere on your system that is being read on startup rather than this one.

On EPs not loading even though they are checked off, is it the same EPs failing to load each time and were any of these purchased from a possibly unauthorized re-seller? EA is retracting the use of codes sold through unauthorized re-sellers for which EA was never paid and, if this is what is happening, there is an Origin-related block on them on EA's end that cannot be worked around without involving Customer Support (sorry). If you purchased directly from Origin or if these were disc installs originally, then something else might be wrong with your account but again only Customer Support can assist. This is support needed with your account, not necessarily technical support.

EA does not support mod usage, which only means that mods should be removed before they attempt to assist in any technical capacity in order to remove unknown variables, and this is perfectly reasonable. Being told that they do not approve of mod usage, if this is what they said, is absurd.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor Thank you for the reply and all the info!

For Sunlit Tides, yes, the issue is that on a new game, it does not appear in the drop down menu for available worlds. I only recently purchased it, so do not have a save game in the world.

The DeviceConfig.log file's modification date/time does match for last start up.

It's always the one EP, Supernatural that doesn't load for some reason. As far as I can tell, all other EP's are actually loading. All of my EP's have been purchased through Origin. :-/ I guess I'll try and get in touch with support again about it. All the guy was having me do was basically uninstall and reinstall and that didn't solve anything. Like I said, I followed his directions and removed all mods and CC and his walkthrough of what to do after that didn't solve anything. Sunlit still did not show up in game and Supernatural refuses to load.

That is what he said, that "EA does not support", not that they don't "approve", my mistake. I just couldn't recall exactly what his words were from the other day when he was trying to help.
    @igazor also, Sunlit tides does show up in my installed worlds folder
    Not really sure what could be happening there, then. Does Supernatural never load, or it just fails sometimes? Hopefully you get an account rep at EA who is more helpful next time around...
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor Yeah. I haven't been able to get Supernatural to load once since I purchased Sunlit Tides. Hopefully I do. Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it.
  • CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 47 Member
    It seems I am not the only one with this issue. I have both Sims 3 and Sims 4. Both have every expansion, stuff pack, worlds, and custom content (only purchased from the Sims 3 store) you can think of. Both games were purchased, downloaded and installed via Origins and I have had them for a very long time. Last week I played Sims 3 and everything was fine. All my worlds were listed when I created 2 games (one in Isla Paradiso and the other in Bridgeport). I played Sims 4 this week twice and today I went to play Sims 3 only to discover that my games and every town that came with an expansion pack is gone. Except for Roaring Heights which has also somehow disappeared. My expansion packs are there in my list of "Expansions & Stuff" and listed with Origins, but the worlds are not in my "InstalledWorlds" folder anymore. I even used the "Repair" in Origins hoping that would bring my worlds back, but it has not. I have not made any changes to my laptop except purchasing and installing the new Sims 4 stuff pack for toddlers. How can I at least get my worlds back? I play Sims 3 way more than Sims 4 and this is very frustrating.
    ~~ Nothing like being a happy Simmer! We let all hell break loose!! :D ~~
    Oh and I would like to mention that I do not use Mods whatsoever. Everything only Sims 3/Origins purchases.
    edited August 2017
    CeiCeiH wrote: »
    It seems I am not the only one with this issue. I have both Sims 3 and Sims 4. Both have every expansion, stuff pack, worlds, and custom content (only purchased from the Sims 3 store) you can think of. Both games were purchased, downloaded and installed via Origins and I have had them for a very long time. Last week I played Sims 3 and everything was fine. All my worlds were listed when I created 2 games (one in Isla Paradiso and the other in Bridgeport). I played Sims 4 this week twice and today I went to play Sims 3 only to discover that my games and every town that came with an expansion pack is gone. Except for Roaring Heights which has also somehow disappeared. My expansion packs are there in my list of "Expansions & Stuff" and listed with Origins, but the worlds are not in my "InstalledWorlds" folder anymore. I even used the "Repair" in Origins hoping that would bring my worlds back, but it has not. I have not made any changes to my laptop except purchasing and installing the new Sims 4 stuff pack for toddlers. How can I at least get my worlds back? I play Sims 3 way more than Sims 4 and this is very frustrating.
    Hi there. The InstalledWorlds folder only holds EA Store and custom worlds, it wouldn't be where the underlying .world files for Isla Paradiso and Bridgeport are. Those are EP worlds and get installed in the EP's Program Files under GameData > Shared > Non-Package. The exact path to these can vary by method of original install. Roaring Heights, however, is an EA Store world and should therefore be showing up in InstalledWorlds.

The question for the EP worlds becomes, can you start up the game with all EPs selected and start a new game in Bridgeport or Isla P for example? If so, then Origin and your install are not the problem. If you can confirm this, we can move on to find out why your saved games are not showing up. Sounds like you have somehow ended up with two TS3 user game folders and the game is reading from the "wrong" one. Possibly there are now game folders in OneDrive's Documents folder?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    The answer to your questions are (1) I can load the game with all EPs selected, but I cannot start any games using any expansion pack worlds because they aren't listed at all. I have always had an EA folder under my Documents and that has everything except my expansion pack worlds. The only worlds showing is Riverview, Barncacle Bay, Hidden Springs, Lunar Lakes, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Aurora Skies, Lucky Palms, Dragon Valley, and Midnight Hollow. I have also always had an Origin Games folder which now only lists Sunset Valley. This has only happened in the past week and as I mentioned I haven't made any changes to my laptop during this time, expect I do remember that Origin had an update a couple days ago and I purchased the Toddlers stuff pack for my Sims 4 just last night.
    You still aren't looking in exactly the right place for EP world files, but that's okay. If you do want to check further, they get installed into the EP Program folders, not the base game's. Bridgeport for example might be under Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 3 > The Sims 3 LateNite (or this might show up as EP03) > Game Data > Shared > NonPackaged > Worlds. Or it might be under Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts ... etc... LateNite (or EP03), then the same path.

But anyway, it sounds like the real problem is that the EPs are not loading, the worlds not showing up in-game would just be a symptom of that. Can you start a new game in one of the available worlds like Sunset Valley and does the ITF startup screen show or is it base game? Is there any EP content in there at all, e.g. can you get a sim to pick up the phone and register for Uni or travel to a WA world (does the offer even show up)? Are there any keyboards (pianos), cellos, or drums in Build/Buy?

If you can confirm that the EPs are not loading even though they are all present on your system and checked off on the selection tab, then the next step would be to uninstall Origin (only) and reinstall it. Your games should stay intact through this.

If that doesn't help, then you would need to have a real time conversation with EA Customer Support, meaning a live chat or phone callback, whichever they offer in your area. There may be something about your Origin account that they have to investigate and reset on their end to get things working again. See the link at the bottom of these forum pages when viewed in a full-sized browser window.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!