Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Mobile is far more aggressive than FreePlay

The Sims Mobile is focused on legacy, you can create your own family tree, but also means a very aggressive design decision from Maxis.

In The Sims Mobile every Sim has a very small lifespan, only four real days in young adult/adult. The sleep bar becomes empty quickly and forces you to put your Sim to go to the bed for a few hours. Keep in mind that you have only EIGHT DAYS to start your own legacy or you'll have to restart after your Sim passes away, spending more time rebuilding a relationship. This game basically forces you to spend real money in cupcakes to keep your Sim with max motives and to not lose a single day. In case you forget to open the game for at least a day, he'll get older and it will also means that you have less time to create a legacy.

Is it a good game? Yes, the graphics are stunning and it's less quest-focused like FreePlay, but this aggressive design decision is awful. In order to have a son/daughter, we have to play 24/7 and spend money in cupcakes to not miss a minute of their lives.

*In case you become too attached to a Sim, pretty sure you're gonna be inducted to spend real money.*

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    That sounds terrible :(
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    My Sim is almost an elder, I've not even got him married or had a chance to have children yet! Eek I suppose the game wants us to pay for youth potions
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Oh my gosh that's an extremely short lifespan.. :s
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    This sounds very silly to me
  • lynnjannalynnjanna Posts: 61 Member
    I haven't paid for anything yet and I have a legacy started. I don't think it's quite that bad. Also, your sim only sleeps for one hour:)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »
    The Sims Mobile is focused on legacy, you can create your own family tree, but also means a very aggressive design decision from Maxis.

In The Sims Mobile every Sim has a very small lifespan, only four real days in young adult/adult. The sleep bar becomes empty quickly and forces you to put your Sim to go to the bed for a few hours. Keep in mind that you have only EIGHT DAYS to start your own legacy or you'll have to restart after your Sim passes away, spending more time rebuilding a relationship. This game basically forces you to spend real money in cupcakes to keep your Sim with max motives and to not lose a single day. In case you forget to open the game for at least a day, he'll get older and it will also means that you have less time to create a legacy.

Is it a good game? Yes, the graphics are stunning and it's less quest-focused like FreePlay, but this aggressive design decision is awful. In order to have a son/daughter, we have to play 24/7 and spend money in cupcakes to not miss a minute of their lives.

*In case you become too attached to a Sim, pretty sure you're gonna be inducted to spend real money.*

Thanks as I figured.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    lynnjanna wrote: »
    I haven't paid for anything yet and I have a legacy started. I don't think it's quite that bad. Also, your sim only sleeps for one hour:)

But how many real hours of the day did you play, grinding? And how many days did you skip altogether in those real four days?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    8 days?! :|

Mess. Well looks like I'll be skipping this.
    edited May 2017
    Either they haven't fleshed out all the life spans yet or the short span is really to rake in the money with youth potions. I've only just got my Sims married (bare in mind the married Sim cannot move in) now i'm lost, can't have children nor is there any direction for me to keep on playing before my very short lived demise.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don't think it's that bad, but you have to be dedicated. The days just pass if you open the game, so every day you open the game have to be well spent. You can only have a baby and marry on level 13 I think. I'm level 10, but I spent 3 days playing non stop. I can see you easily having your sims die without having enough level to have a baby or marry because you didn't dedicate yourself to the game enough. At least you can adopt, and I think it doesn't require a partner to adopt and you can edit your sims completely at any time, so you can make your adopted baby look like their parents if you want to.
    edited May 2017
    I don't think it's that bad, but you have to be dedicated. The days just pass if you open the game, so every day you open the game have to be well spent. You can only have a baby and marry on level 13 I think. I'm level 10, but I spent 3 days playing non stop. I can see you easily having your sims die without having enough level to have a baby or marry because you didn't dedicate yourself to the game enough. At least you can adopt, and I think it doesn't require a partner to adopt and you can edit your sims completely at any time, so you can make your adopted baby look like their parents if you want to.

I've just hit lvl 12 and unlocked baby options unfortunaly the game seems glitched as it will not allow me to place down any objects. :(
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    My Sim is an elder now, and can't have Kids.

So much for that then. I stopped playing.
  • Songwolf666Songwolf666 Posts: 141 Member
    More and more I hear, the less and less I want to try it. :(
    EA Account: SunReiShin
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    knazzer wrote: »

I've just hit lvl 12 and unlocked baby options unfortunaly the game seems glitched as it will not allow me to place down any objects. :(
    So now we know that their are babies and kids in the game - even though that part of the game doesn't seem to be finished yet ;)
    edited May 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    knazzer wrote: »

So now we know that their are babies and kids in the game - even though that part of the game doesn't seem to be finished yet ;)

So far I've had one baby with a Days life span, now it's grown to toddler which doesn't seem to have a life span yet.
  • AsunaSama10AsunaSama10 Posts: 30 New Member
    The lifespan is so short, wwhhhyyyy
  • RexatumRexatum Posts: 26 Member
    A short lifespan doesn't matter to me. Well, I guess it's going to be way more exciting than the other games, but I won't see any need for developing the skills of my Sims if they die the next day.
    The lifespan is so short, wwhhhyyyy
    Some people think that the Sims Freeplay is too slow. So now EA has made a very fast Sims game too. That is okay with me even though I personally prefer the Sims Freeplay over the Sims Mobile because there are probably customers for both games ;)

We now have 3 Sims games (TS4 and 2 very different mobile Sims games too). All 3 games are quite different and targeted at different types of simmers which sounds reasonably. EA's intention clearly isn't that all simmers should like and play all 3 games. So just play the one you like most ;)
  • Babsie94Babsie94 Posts: 18 Member
    I was one of the people who thought freeplay was too slow, and was hoping this would be faster, but its sounds like they may have over done it. When your sim dies, and you have to restart... do you keep your level? So If they die when your lvl ten, can you restart and only have to progress a couple levels to get to kids?
    Babsie94 wrote: »
    I was one of the people who thought freeplay was too slow, and was hoping this would be faster, but its sounds like they may have over done it. When your sim dies, and you have to restart... do you keep your level? So If they die when your lvl ten, can you restart and only have to progress a couple levels to get to kids?
    The idea is that you play the same game in several generations. So isn't at all the intention that you should restart at all. When your original sim die then you just play with the children who grow up quite fast. Or you let the widow marry a younger sim which then can become your main sim.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    Baby born 3 days ago & now is a adult. This game sucks. Besides that u shouldn't have to use energy to bond & take care of your sim kids. So my sims were bad parent all cause of EA. It didn't let me choose gender either or customize. Their not playable either. I understand energy cause they need to make money but on some things that require energy that shouldn't require it HELL NO THAT'S WRONG. Since when do u need energy to eat something or have a coffee. REDICULOUS.

IMPORTANT NOTE theres a purchase restore issue with content & resourses purchased with real money if u lose your data
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    A short lifespan doesn't matter to me. Well, I guess it's going to be way more exciting than the other games, but I won't see any need for developing the skills of my Sims if they die the next day.

LOL - I know this is quite awhile back, but this made my day.