Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More than one model of washer and dryer?

2...Next

Comments

• FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    I think oldish and a new looking model will be in the palet of the washer not sure if there will be another washer with a modern style.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    rp_girl wrote: »
    Because of the art style and Graham's response to @friendlysimmers pictures (all of which are from 1970), and given the fact that older models were all top loaders and a lot of the newer models are front loaders, they would need different animations. The blurb also mentioned using a washtub and clothesline, which requires more animations, so it's a safe bet that only one style of washer and dryers will be in the pack. But maybe they will make another pack to include other styles later on?

They will most likely be similar to the two style we got in sims 3 ambitions.In my opinion the more expensive one will look just fine in a modern house.
    9bee1f75372f2e742df9e63e141a66c40323dd71_large.jpg

I actually got a cc washer and dry that looks exactly like that and it looks sooo nice in a modern house!
    giphy_1.gif
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    SimGuruGraham posted a concept art of the washer and dryer. This is how they will look like:
    DHy2BSIU0AEbxLU.jpg:large
    He also said that the dryer can be stacked on top of the washing machine! :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sweet will there be a top load washer with matching dryer if players went a more retro look?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    sweet will there be a top load washer with matching dryer if players went a more retro look?

I don't think so, sadly. Apparently there is just one model.
    lexus20 wrote: »

I don't think so, sadly. Apparently there is just one model.

thank you for letting me know at least will be practical in my game no matter how they look like
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited August 2017
    EDIT: no idea what happened here, I was in a pets thread...
    wJbomAo.png
  • AntonGladerAntonGlader Posts: 54 Member
    I love that we can stack the washer and dryer! perfect for tiny homes or apartment builds!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I just hope the washboard and tub will be interactive.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    i think i would stack the washer dryer in my sim homes at least lots of ideas for laundry room creations i am starting to think of :)

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    BMSO wrote: »
    Well when they do finally produce I think seeing something like the pic below would be neat for like the cheap-o or old school. Also my god mother had one of those in her basement and it still worked for it's age. Was neat watching how old tech worked too.
    9d9e4d1773b561b0a3a7f4a22c898ca8.jpg
    This model of washer is not eco-friendly by any means. It 95% made of metal, and used more water than anyone does when they take a shower or bath.

No it is not but if you read above they were speaking about different models and maybe some could be added in other packs no just in eco. Also no washer and dryer is eco friendly many are mostly metal and plastic anyway both older and newer including wash tubs and wash boards.

No need to add them in other packs, as long as you are willing to use custom content in your game. Redecorated/redesigned (furniture/decor) objects with the same functionality is a very typical type of custom content. So all you will need, once both a top loader and a front loader are added to the game, is for friendly neighborhood modders to create something like what you are looking for. The animations wouldn't change. Or, you could try using modding tools to create the custom content yourself, if you have enough spare time. (Way back in TS1 days, my first piece of self-created custom content was a green flamingo lawn ornament. Too bad the site with the Transmogrifier program went down. ) thesimszone.co.uk/extras/index.php?ID=75 explains all.

I always use custom content in my game and do make some myself. Agreed if we do end up getting a top loader I may rebuild the mesh into an older washer.
    Lol, well at least you made it right? My first cc creation was a grass terrain paint for TS2.

Also BTW thanks for the suggestion.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios