Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW DO YOU USE SIMS4 TRAY IMPORTER ON MAC!

I really want to know because I hate the look of my things on the gallery, can anyone do a detailed english tutorial on how to use it using the mac beta version :)

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    If it was a program written for Windows OS, you'll have to use Mono to start it up. There is a very detailed tutorial on how to use Mono in the Mac Sims 3 forum under the Help Section for Sims 3. It works exactly the same as it does for Sims 3.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • maddiem002maddiem002 Posts: 79 Member
    edited February 2016
    Unfortunately it didn't show what I needed. I want a tutorial on how to use the Sims4 Tray Importer which was just released. My only problem is that I am not able to right click on any files therefor I can't replace them with new screenshots
    There is a way to "right click" if you have a standard Apple mouse or trackpad. I just don't remember what the keyboard short cut is as I have a Logitech mouse that I use.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    System Preferences > Mouse/Trackpad then enable Secondary click.

Alternatively you can always hold down CTRL and click, that's the same as right click.
    apple-signature.png
  • maddiem002maddiem002 Posts: 79 Member
    i can right click on all other programs it's just this one it seems not to work
  • RemittanceGirlRemittanceGirl Posts: 9 New Member
    > @maddiem002 said:
    > i can right click on all other programs it's just this one it seems not to work

Yup, Maddie, I'm having exactly the same problem. I have a right-click enabled mouse - use it for everything else. It's not you. The Mac version of the program is only enabled to import and export packages, not to do what we all really crave, which is change those gallery images! Grrr.

Same with Sims 4 Studio - Still no Mac version. At some point, I start feeling like a pariah! :expressionless:
  • RemittanceGirlRemittanceGirl Posts: 9 New Member
    Here's my question to the developer, Deevo and his response.

" Posté aujourd’hui, 07:20

I was very careful following the instructions on installation for the mac. I downloaded and installed the Mono framework - universal - and moved the Sims 4 Tray Importer to my applications folder - went step by step through everything, and it still doesn't work for me. The program loads no problem, but when I right-click on the files in the files tab, it does not give me any drop-down menu. I cannot choose replace. So, as it stands, the program doesn't work for me at all

P.S. I am running El Capitan on a macbook pro Retina."

"

Divinité De La Parole
    Administrators
    864 messages

Posté aujourd’hui, 13:18

Sorry, the Replace tool is currently not available on the Mac version. I'm working on it! :/ ​"

(apparently I'm not allowed to post links on here, so I've had to cut and paste the convo, but it's over on Luniverssims dot com.)
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but most 3rd party developers do not want to develop their mods/apps for the Mac OS. You'll either have to run the programs through Mono, Bootcamp your Mac with a copy of Windows or run Parallels with Windows. It's been like this since Sims 1 days.
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    I plan on downloading this tonight as I've just learned about it today. I'm not interested in importing and exporting. I simply want to use it to clean up unwanted and bad cc. Does it at least identify where this stuff lives? That's all I want it for. If so, how does this actually work? I've never used a tray importer even on Windows.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    All your CC should "live" in one folder and that is your Sims 4 folder in Documents.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    It's not working for me eater. I have Mono. Program is opening, but all buttons are inactive and no files in it.
    You may have to direct the program where to look. Not sure as I do not use it, but it is a suggestion. I had to do that with another third party app I used for Sims 2.
    Tremayne4260 can you please explain me how to direct the program where to look ? I'm not that good with computers :( But I can follow directions. I updated my software to sierra 10.12.4. and still nothing :(
    Can someone please translate it for me ? "Prérequis d’installation :

Cette version de « Sims4TrayImporter » pour MAC fonctionne uniquement que sous la version MAC OS X « El Capitan » ou « Sierra », version 10.11.3"

maybe it's not working for me because I have later version of sierra ? Mine is 10.12.4
    I don't use the program personally, but usually you can find where the program pulls the data from in the preferences or click on a file location to see if you can edit it.
    I think is incompatible with latest sierra update. All buttons on tray importer program are inactive.
    Yesterday I spend good few hours researching and experimenting and it finally worked for me !
    This is what I followed: http://luniversims.com/forums/topic/5945-guide-sims-4-tray-importer-for-macos-sierra/#comment-106157 . I've got Mono from the second option ( from here, last line https://download.mono-project.com/archive/4.2.1/macos-10-universal/ ). But my tray importer was still inactive, it could not find the path. So I decided to erase sims 4 app ( backed up files of course ) and origin and downloaded it again. Fired up new game, placed old saves back. And voila, tray importer is working !!!! Happy dancing :D
    I use Sierra 10.12.4, Macbook pro late 2013.
    Please read here too. The same thing happened to other person and it also worked only after deleting old and downloading new game and origin.
    (excuse me for the grammar mistakes, english is not my first language).
    Forgot the link to the discution http://luniversims.com/forums/topic/5918-tray-importer-for-mac/
  • MeMaddiMeMaddi Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello! I have followed all the download steps very carefully (including mono, moving to applications, and right clicking sims 4 tray importer) but it won't even open! A popup window shows up after I right click saying "finder can't open this application". Does anyone know what I am doing wrong??
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    I'm not sure, I followed everything exactly, and wasn't able to open it either.
    MeMaddi wrote: »
    Hello! I have followed all the download steps very carefully (including mono, moving to applications, and right clicking sims 4 tray importer) but it won't even open! A popup window shows up after I right click saying "finder can't open this application". Does anyone know what I am doing wrong??

> @southaltan said:
    > I'm not sure, I followed everything exactly, and wasn't able to open it either.
    > MeMaddi wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I have followed all the download steps very carefully (including mono, moving to applications, and right clicking sims 4 tray importer) but it won't even open! A popup window shows up after I right click saying "finder can't open this application". Does anyone know what I am doing wrong??

The finder window pops up for you as well?
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    @MeMaddi honestly, I don't remember. I never got it to run, it would load, then freeze up. So I just deleted it.
    > @southaltan said:
    > @MeMaddi honestly, I don't remember. I never got it to run, it would load, then freeze up. So I just deleted it.

So weird. I've wanted to download it just so that I could get rid of unwanted/broken cc that make my game laggy.

But I just posted about it in of the mac discussions so fingers crossed that someone can figure it out. I'll let you know if I find out anything :-)
    Apparently it is a very hit or miss program. Some people can get it to work, others have problems. Afraid I don't use it. I just would cull my CC my hand and I don't use very much of it.
  • twmusetwmuse Posts: 13 New Member
    I have it still running fine in 10.13 High Sierra, you just need to make sure the sims folder and mods folders are in the exact same spot that origin put them, the preferences do not save any other locations well.