Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Yay! Thanks for the welcome :)

Forums Name: @Munterbacon

Author Bio : My name is Steve but you can all call me Munter. I'm a mid-thirties dude from New Zealand and I work in Sales at a Screen Printing company. I'm newish to the sims community (Sims 4 being the first game I played) but been around the Writers' Lounge for a few years now. I love dogs and cat, sports, video games, GoT and movies of all sorts... I think that'll do. :D

Story Links :
    WordPress: https://munterbaconsims.wordpress.com/ironbound/?frame-nonce=9c80a83f7f
    Forums: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841601/ironbound-chapter-102-08-15-17/p1

Story Overview : Ironbound is a Sci-Fi story based on a fantasy world I created a few years back. Set thousands of years in the future from the fantasy world and a decade after the end of a six-hundred-year war, follow Shaela Amaya, a Helsian warrior who is forced to live amongst her peoples long-time enemy, as the Emperor's ward as part of the peace-treaty. Shaela's best friend, the Emperor's daughter will be turning 118 soon and will choose a Bond, tradition dictates that she would choose a citizen of her own race, but will Princess Leyva have the courage to defy tradition or will she have that decision taken away from her?

for those who might not know he got his username because he and a friend were calling each other random names. i don't know what he called his friend but his friend said youra munterbacon.

its his story but after he told me i keep retelling it.

welcome munter i wasn't here a lot of yesterday because of my birthday. first one without dad weird.

but i told your username story because its one of the ffew things that makes me smile right now.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

Author Bio : My name is Steve but you can all call me Munter. I'm a mid-thirties dude from New Zealand and I work in Sales at a Screen Printing company. I'm newish to the sims community (Sims 4 being the first game I played) but been around the Writers' Lounge for a few years now. I love dogs and cat, sports, video games, GoT and movies of all sorts... I think that'll do. :D

Story Links :
    WordPress: https://munterbaconsims.wordpress.com/ironbound/?frame-nonce=9c80a83f7f
    Forums: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/841601/ironbound-chapter-102-08-15-17/p1

Story Overview : Ironbound is a Sci-Fi story based on a fantasy world I created a few years back. Set thousands of years in the future from the fantasy world and a decade after the end of a six-hundred-year war, follow Shaela Amaya, a Helsian warrior who is forced to live amongst her peoples long-time enemy, as the Emperor's ward as part of the peace-treaty. Shaela's best friend, the Emperor's daughter will be turning 118 soon and will choose a Bond, tradition dictates that she would choose a citizen of her own race, but will Princess Leyva have the courage to defy tradition or will she have that decision taken away from her?

for those who might not know he got his username because he and a friend were calling each other random names. i don't know what he called his friend but his friend said youra munterbacon.

welcome munter i wasn't here a lot of yesterday because of my birthday. first one without dad weird.

but i told your username story because its one of the ffew things that makes me smile right now.

Awww, Friends! :) I'm glad that my little story helps you smile during this tough period in your life, I have plenty of other ones involving my friend and I, so if you need a pick-me-up, just ask and I will try and make you smile! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    @xJojox @swcheppes @Simcraft81 @friendsfan367 @AdamsEve1231

Thanks for the warm welcome, I started off with Super Dating last night, only managed 2 chapters before sleep got the better of me, but it is BRILLIANT! Can't wait to read more! :smiley:
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Thank you @Munterbacon We just finished discussing it. I have some questions that were part of the discussion of you like to answer them when you're finished ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg

Story Links :

Awww, Friends! :) I'm glad that my little story helps you smile during this tough period in your life, I have plenty of other ones involving my friend and I, so if you need a pick-me-up, just ask and I will try and make you smile! :)

you know whats funny? right before i told t last time i said it was my favirite username story.

then told it and after said .i didn't say i was going to let him tell it.
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Thank you @Munterbacon We just finished discussing it. I have some questions that were part of the discussion of you like to answer them when you're finished ;)

i think sundays your last day. i need to figure out a new idea because it doesn't look like i'll have the pack anytime soon.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited August 2017
    Alright, everyone... here's the updated schedule.
    Tomorrow is the last day for @swcheppes' Super Dating. Since some of you just joined, you don't need to feel rushed to catch up. If you want to answer questions for Super Dating, Season 1, feel free to at your convenience. If not, no pressure.

Any final thoughts/questions, @swcheppes?

This schedule will take us right before Christmas, and I propose we take the rest of December off as the holidays can get busy (and I have a birthday, graduation, anniversary, and my sister's baby due around the time that @swcheppes' time ends so we can start fresh after the new year with the new round.

A reminder for those of you who are coming up, feel free to ask guided questions or ask one of us to come up with questions or leave it free-for-all (reader-prompted questions) for your weeks. Reading is technically the first 10 days and then discussion on the last 4 days, but discussion can happen at any time. Please use spoilers for answers (and give-aways) for those who aren't caught up.

@friendsfan367 The Benders August 20th- September 2nd
    @Piazzagirl1015 TBD September 3rd - September 16th
    @Munterbacon Ironbound September 17th - September 30th
    @Adamseve1231 Interludes & Solitude October 1st-October 14th
    @xJojox Fine Lines October 15th-October 28th
    @Simcraft81 Sim Stories October 29th - November 11th
    @Arrowleaf The Landon Legacy November 12th - November 25th
    @swcheppes TBD November 26th - December 9th

Let me know if this works for you all.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited August 2017
    I know there is more to reply to here on this thread but I want to get these answers up first.

@swcheppes

Before I answer these questions I just have to tell how much I enjoyed your narration style and the story. I also loved how those chapter pictures on the content page looked like comic book pictures. I really went well with the theme.

-What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story

I do indeed like Erin and she seems very real to me. Erin doesn’t always do the right thing as she isn’t perfect but then again no one is perfect. How many of us look back and kick ourselves because we realized a better way to handle the situation at one time or another. I do think she needs a little more self confidence especially with men. Just because she met one bad apple doesn’t mean they will all be like that. She tends to ruin all her relationships as she is afraid of being hurt again.

-Pop culture, especially the comic book world, plays a key role in this story. Do you feel it enhances the story or hinders it? Would the story work without it being centered around comic books and superheroes?

I can honestly answer this question with a big YES the story would still work even without the Pop Culture references. I have never read one comic book in my life and the only superheros I know are the more commonly known ones like Batman and Superman. As for the movies the only one I have seen with a Superhero was Superman with Christopher Reeves. I am not familiar any of the actors either so they could be anyone to me. Even without knowledge of the actors I can still follow the story without any problem as Erin gives a detailed description of all of them and their personalities as they pertain to the story.

Even though these were not Pop Culture references that I can relate to I would have no problem with them being added to any story. In fact I enjoy when Pop Culture references are added to a story.

-Let's play Marry, F***, Kill with Erin's three men in her life. Out of Chris Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill who do you marry, who do you f***, and who do you kill?

Ok this should be easy Marry, Henry. Henry never really got a chance as he was paying for Chris’ sins. He seemed like he was a sweet guy who did indeed care for her. Besides I’m a sucker for accents myself.

F*** Jason. On this I will just refer to this line, “It’s more the ripping off each other clothes before even getting to the door, everything is pulsing type of fantasy.” Need I say anymore.

Now for the last one Chris was a cheater but death for cheating seems kind of extreme. Can’t we just kick him in the you know wheres instead? That seems more like fitting punishment.

-Towards the middle of the season we were introduced to Lilith. She seemed nice at first but could be seen as a bit of a bad influence on Erin. What are your thoughts on her? And where would you like to see that relationship go?

Erin is an adult and I think she knows right from wrong. Lilth really shouldn’t be able to talk her into doing anything she doesn’t want to.

I would like to see her interact with another female more so yes I would like to see more of Lilth. She does have Ryan as a friend but I really think she would benefit from a female friend. As far as my thoughts on Lilith, I really would have to see her more to make a judgement.

-For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my man characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created?

One time when I was playing a wedding I noticed the guest are always wearing the same dresses. That would never happen in real life. It sort of makes sense for every day in sim stories too that they would wear different clothes. So no I don’t think it is distracting at all in fact it makes perfect sense. I really feel that you should continue doing so if you like.

Erin is faced with quite the decision at the end, some would say it's impossible. Who do you think she will chose, who should she chose, and who would you chose?

Oh boy yes this is a decision for her to make and at the end it is going to be more difficult. I know that you posted the next chapter but I didn’t read until I answered these questions first and this is exactly why.

I don’t think she should choose Jason because he might say that he wants something now but with the way he likes to explore his options I don’t think he would last long at all.

Now for Chris, I would say no on him because he is a cheater but I think she still loves him deep down. That is why she is holding so much anger inside of her and its why she can’t move on.

For who I think she should chose it would definitely be Henry. I think he might have been the right one for her.

For who I think she will chose something is telling me that she will take option 4 which is not the other Chris who is her neighbor. Option 4 is None of the Above. She is too confused right now to make a sound decision anyway so that would probably be for the best.
    @AdamsEve1231 The schedule is fine for me and I was going over my blog to see the best way to break things up. I think reading Generations 1-3 should be doable for everyone. Generations 1 and 2 are extremely fast to read and have short chapters. I started expanded on the story during the third generation so more than half of the chapters are from Generation 3. It would be Chapters 1-29.

As for my updating schedule, I would have to say irregular for now as I'm searching for a job and I don't know how things will work out. When I know more I would like to change it.

@Munterbacon Welcome to the group and I look forward to getting to know you and reading your story.

Now that I am caught up with @swcheppes story I will be moving onto @friendsfan367

• swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited August 2017
    I want to thank you guys for reading my story. I loved all of your answers to my questions. They really gave me some insight on how my story is perceived. I have a one more question I'd like to ask.

With Season 2 starting I'd love to know what you hope this new season will bring? Are their characters you want to see more of or maybe see less of? Any situations you want to see Erin get involved in?
    suRdkSd.jpg
    @AdamsEve1231 The schedule is fine for me and I was going over my blog to see the best way to break things up. I think reading Generations 1-3 should be doable for everyone. Generations 1 and 2 are extremely fast to read and have short chapters. I started expanded on the story during the third generation so more than half of the chapters are from Generation 3. It would be Chapters 1-29.

As for my updating schedule, I would have to say irregular for now as I'm searching for a job and I don't know how things will work out. When I know more I would like to change it.

@Munterbacon Welcome to the group and I look forward to getting to know you and reading your story.

Now that I am caught up with @swcheppes story I will be moving onto @friendsfan367

it gets a little confusing i guess. i started the benders 2 years ago so most of my readers know the story. because i enjoyed my generation 2 heir so much last time i redid his family story a second time. but with my dads ilness and death i think i just wrote without describing much focusing is hard. its my first parental death so while it was expected still a little shocking.
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @swcheppes YEY :) i will definitely be catching up
    edited August 2017
    @swcheppes

With Season 2 starting I'd love to know what you hope this new season will bring? Are their characters you want to see more of or maybe see less of? Any situations you want to see Erin get involved in?

I would like to see Erin interact more with other people than just her boyfriends. I know in the previous questions you mentioned Lilith which I would like to see but I was thinking maybe some relatives like her parents. She has mentioned them before and they seemed like a loving family. Or some co workers? Obviously the story does revolve around dating but she should be a well rounded person with some other interest.

Edit-I almost forgot when I was watching the live stream for the new toddler pack I noticed they added a top with a superhero cape attached and I immediately thought of your story.

@friendsfan367 I'm caught up on your story. Everything was fine and I wasn't confused at all. I can understand why it is difficult for you to focus under those conditions.

I am deeply sorry for your loss and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

@Everyone Now that I'm finished with @friendsfan367 's story I'm starting with the next one on the list which is @Munterbacon 's

Hi Guys,

Finished @swcheppes first season of Super Dating and I enjoyed every moment of it! My answers to your questions below:
    -What do you think of the main character, Erin? Is she relatable? Do you agree with how she handled certain situations throughout the story?
    Overall, I find her incredibly relatable, the issues raised in this story are real-world issues. I wasn't a fan of how she was sleeping with Jason while dating Henry, but that was my only real issue.

-Pop culture, especially the comic book world, plays a key role in this story. Do you feel it enhances the story or hinders it? Would the story work without it being centered around comic books and superheroes?
    I feel it enhances the story dramatically and I don't think that it would have the same impact if comic books and superheroes weren't the focal point.

-Let's play Marry, F***, Kill with Erin's three men in her life. Out of Chris Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, and Henry Cavill who do you marry, who do you f***, and who do you kill?
    Being a straight guy, I'm going to pass on this question. However, I've always had a man-crush on Chris, I ain't ashamed to admit that! :D

-Towards the middle of the season we were introduced to Lilith. She seemed nice at first but could be seen as a bit of a bad influence on Erin. What are your thoughts on her? And where would you like to see that relationship go?
    She's just a free spirit. Everyone knows at least one of them in real life and your life is so much more rich for knowing them. I reckon Lilith and Ryan might be a good match, how good a Wingman is Erin? ;)

-For the first time in this story I played with the wardrobe. Meaning instead of my man characters always in one outfit through out their story I've given Erin many options for each wardrobe category. Is this something that appeals to you as a reader? Is it distraction having the outfits always changing or does it bring you more into the story and the world that is being created?

I loved it, I always like to play with multiple options in each category when I'm playing, so that aspect of the story really resonated with me.

-Erin is faced with quite the decision at the end, some would say it's impossible. Who do you think she will chose, who should she chose, and who would you chose?
    I think we're about to go full-circle. She's going to choose Chris, but I think she should either choose Henry or not choose any of them and just go after Cap! :D

Will start on @friendsfan367 's Benders tomorrow, for now, it's bed time for me! :sleeping:

dustshaela.jpg
    @friendsfan367, @xJojox, @Munterbacon, @Arrowleaf, @Simcraft81, @swcheppes, @Piazzagirl1015

Just a reminder - we are into discussing @friendsfan367' The Benders found here - https://friendsfan36.wordpress.com/. I updated the front page.

A few questions for the writer:
    1) What about this version of the Benders is different from previous attempts?
    2) What is the same?
    3) The subject matter is difficult at times. How do you prepare or plan to write these kinds of chapters?
    4) What are some of your favorite parts of this version of Benders?

A few questions for readers:
    1) What are some of your favorite moments?
    2) What are your thoughts on the neighborhood rotation or family member/household rotation?
    3) Who is your favorite character and why?
    4) If you or your Simself or a character from one of your stories could interact with a Bender for a day, which Bender would it be and what would you be doing?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2017
    @friendsfan367, @xJojox, @Munterbacon, @Arrowleaf, @Simcraft81, @swcheppes, @Piazzagirl1015

Just a reminder - we are into discussing @friendsfan367' The Benders found here - https://friendsfan36.wordpress.com/. I updated the front page.

A few questions for the writer:
    2) What is the same?
    3) The subject matter is difficult at times. How do you prepare or plan to write these kinds of chapters?

A few questions for readers:
    1) What are some of your favorite moments?
    2) What are your thoughts on the neighborhood rotation or family member/household rotation?
    3) Who is your favorite character and why?
    4) If you or your Simself or a character from one of your stories could interact with a Bender for a day, which Bender would it be and what would you be doing?

i was giving munter a chance to catch up.

A few questions for the writer: rylan bevely and alvin are new. i needed t make that change because ayden was younger this time .then the bender kids went wild starting with ayden so i had to write about tp. i abreveated to avoid breaking forum rules. orginally rylan was going to havematthew not alvin as a dad but i decied to change that since giving rylan a stepdad would later help ayden relate to his own situation with his kids.
    2) What is the same?elsa and ayden are divorced and noel and lauren are still interacial
    3) The subject matter is difficult at times. How do you prepare or plan to write these kinds of chapters? sometimes i just write it like difficult descisons other times i obssess for a few days til i finally write it.

i like the rylanand alana parts. ayden is still my favorite but alana suprised me. shes known for being mean and shes really swwet with rylan.i put them together through ayden and the hook up with feature now they all had the same experinces but with differnt results .ayden and elsa grew apart but rylan and alana grew closer.

i may think of more later.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    edited August 2017
    i think it makes sense now i was being attacked by a little bug that decided my coffee was a swimming pool.
    Wedding day today ...yey. And three day break after. So happy. Seeyou in a fewdays
    xJojox wrote: »
    Wedding day today ...yey. And three day break after. So happy. Seeyou in a fewdays

your getting married?
    Wait, @xJojox? Your marriage? Or someone else's? No rush in getting back to me. Just curious.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Wait, @xJojox? Your marriage? Or someone else's? No rush in getting back to me. Just curious.

she was so excited she forgot to say so i'm wondering too.
    edited August 2017
    my wedding :) ... im officially a mrs. just checking in guys ! <3
    @xJojox Congratulations! I wish both of you a lifetime of happiness!

A8qsIE.jpg

xJojox wrote: »
    my wedding :) ... im officially a mrs. just checking in guys ! <3

congrats.
    i'm around. i got a prepaid visa to order cats and dogs finally got that loaded on paypal but now i'm struggling to verify my account but it seems to be a paypal problem.