The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ninnster's Showcase - New: Restaurante Del Mare

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Hannah and Hailey are very pretty! :) The way that you have used the colours for their hair and outfits looks great! It is creative the way although they are twins, you have made them opposites through their background details, clothing styles, aspirations and traits.
    Congratulations again on winning the challenge and on the Maxis favourite! :)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    @laebeth, the twins looks great! They are both very pretty. Congrats on winning the contest!
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Awesome job on the Mackenzie Twins and so good to see all their outfits here! I'm loving all the colour matching you did in each outfit (especially the green and yellow one, there are some very questionable swatches in those colours in CAS :smiley: ). Perfect fit for this challenge and a deserved win. B) Congrats on that AND the Maxis fav! Yes, definitely looking forward to seeing more sims from you on the Gallery. :)
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Hi, dear! :)
    At last, I´ve had a careful look to your wonderful showcase thread. I reallly love your creativity, but most of all your attention to details. Your rooms are just amazing.
    Hugs <3
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @rosemow Thank you so much! I did put a lot of thought into their backgrounds and how to showcase them through their outfits and style choices :wink: Glad you appreciated that <3

@illusie Thank you so much! Making Sims are a whole new thing for me, but quite fun when I get stuck on a build :smiley:

@Corwim Coming from you, the compliments on the twins mean the world to me! I am not joking, but I was thinking of you when I was trying to pick their traits actually.. "What would Corwim do?". I know you put a lot of thought into the traits and how they relate to the personality, so I tried to do the same :) Green and yellow questionable?? haha, oh yes indeed. Hannah's colors were a little random actually, I liked that mustard yellow and the darker forrest green in her athletics outfit, so I tried to go more along that route. Worked better than expected! Thank you very much for the congrats, and I promise I will make more Sims, but I won't be hanging up my building career just yet :p

@AIRIS6962 Oh my, how kind of you to not just stop by but have a look through all of my uploads! That's more than I expect of anyone, so thank you very much for taking the time to do that <3 I must admit I am more comfortable with interior design. That's what I have mainly been doing since TS1. It's only this year I started building houses, so still a novice there :) I'm glad you appreciate my attention to detail, but sadly that is also what makes me so slow.. haha! I am too much of a perfectionist :p But I am getting better (and faster)! Thank you very much for the kind words sweetie <3
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Glad I could inspire you, I do love me a sim with a good back story. :) And the thing with the traits is, they sometimes write the story for me lolz. I mean like "vegetarian" and vampire, and you got your story right there. ;) I do miss the colour wheel from Sims 3 for the CAS outfits the most. There are a lot of very bright and harsh colours in there, while I prefer softer, more washed out colour (hope that makes sense haha), and the yellow and green outfits are two of the main offenders! :) That's why I was so impressed you were able to make six beautiful outfits in that colour combination! B) Hehe, and oh no no no, never hang up that builder's hat, don't you dare! :)
    Fishing for Compliments

Gallery link

That's right, yet another entry for Rosemow's room challenge! The theme was "A kitchen for a fisherman".

As perhaps many others, my immediate thoughts went to old rustic cabins, wood and stone and weathered beach houses. But sometimes I try to take a step back and see if I can think of something less expected. I had seen that a few others had posted more modern interpretations, and this inspired me to go the same route. As I was looking for inspiration around on the internet, I saw a multitude of images of kitchens with built in fish tanks, and I immediately thought that I wanted to do the same. The rest of the kitchen was built around the kitchen island with the built in tanks, and I was lucky to remember the paint by reference paintings so I could add some extra personality.

AraMgNt.png
    hV5q7HQ.png
    JWatn35.png
    3KqdP8l.png
    h3mw3lK.png?1

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

The Serengeti Study

Gallery link

This was in fact my very first entry for the Quality Control room contest. This was challenge nr 64, and the task was to create an animal themed study.

As I was thinking about the animal items available in game, I very quickly remembered the large giraffe, and used that as my inspiration. For that reason my room ended up with an African theme of sorts. The room had to have two desks as part of the requirements, so the two desks became the center of the room. The fireplace I really wanted to add, as it just fits in so well with this particular style. I tried to add enough animals without adding too many, I wanted them to be noticed, but not to the point of taking over the room. Regardless of whether or not I achieved that, I still made a room I really liked, and I would love to have a study like this myself one day.

sGkXbBx.png
    EPbSvJM.png
    HjeqkSf.png
    bC1QdDz.png
    tEyfbVE.png
    6ZMg6Vk.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Whitestone Castle

Lot size: 50x50
    Cost: $487 182
    Lot type: Restaurant

Gallery link

Inspiration: The castle itself was actually something I started as a build to fit my fairy rooms, but as it was progressing I really loved where it was going, but it just wasn't fitting the style of the rooms it was meant for. So I decided to finish the exterior, and save it to be used for a different purpose later. A few weeks went by and then the Quality Control monthly contest popped up on my radar, and the theme was asking for a fairy tail wedding venue with a lavish garden... then I remembered my castle and thought it would fit in perfectly! I learned a few things about roofing with this castle, and got to try and create a lake for the first time.

Front view:

zURd7u7.png?1

Back view:

gEl7mKP.png

Side views:

M31OQIi.png
    WTYNNmT.png

Floor plan:

ADToSt5.png
    h1QSq9C.png
    amP4PDf.png

Night view:

4vWu9Q2.png
    CouTh1r.png
    BNa5cU4.png

Outdoor area and garden:

BPytsyf.png
    jhIYKsK.png
    c96S9EO.png
    QxA1TXS.png
    qPHhSmH.png

Outdoor wedding chapel in the lakeside gazebo:

pYIyXBw.png
    xUhWNjd.png
    XP32TOK.png
    WgeuUJ5.png

Reception area with a bar, dance floor and DJ booth:

G4Po9uD.png
    UpF6qCX.png
    DTIuDTH.png

If you wish to explore the rest of the castle, feel free to check out the spoiler tags!

Castle entrance hall and wardrobe. Here you can leave your jackets when entering, but remember it's at your own risk:
    3jcnKRG.png
    L3ZqhYc.png
    Ocjdphb.png

The restaurant kitchen, which can cater to weddings if necessary:
    m5T5KBb.png
    monT51q.png
    1CK2WiK.png

1st floor bathrooms:
    1o0tdhg.png
    Hu0FDnA.png

Indoor wedding chapel which includes an old church organ. The door leads to a small private terrace where Sims can enjoy some air:
    4TBqhcx.png
    x1xslQC.png
    zqLuFze.png

Changing rooms for the wedding party to get ready for the event itself, or the wedding photos:
    PyYRDXP.png
    V8puyFn.png
    QHcEghe.png
    ToDlbQc.png
    IgbZi2l.png

Photostudio for wedding photos. State of the art studio which also has a small prop nook.
    1GW53tM.png
    Y54gHGi.png
    ELnCBVF.png

The Honeymoon suite, complete with it's own en suite bathroom:
    KiSoc50.png
    qR98OMV.png
    JGJxI9c.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Whitestone Castle looks so very,very grand ! :) I will repost here what I wrote in the challenge thread and add a little more. But it is such a very detailed and special build, that there would be so much more to write about the build that it would take a long time to do! The exterior design of the venue and layout of the build looks so very, very elegantly nice! The towers and the roofing look so very nice! The landscaping of the outdoors areas looks so very ,very nice! It is such a very pretty venue for a wedding! The water fountain feature with the hedging around it looks so very nice! The wedding chapel gazebo looks so very pretty! It is a very special place for the sims to hold their outdoors wedding! The floral archway leading to it looks very nice and the vases of flowers lining the aisleway edges looks very nice. The rose petals on the flooring are a nice touch. The lilypad lake around it looks so very nice. The floral garden areas through the outdoors look so pretty! The indoors wedding hall looks very elegant! Very nice cream and red colour scheme of the area. The red flowers on the edges of the rows of seating and the bow themed seating looks very nice. The red backdrop curtains and the candles there look very nice. Very nice hall and reception area! It looks very nice how the dining tables and chairs have been set up there. The floor patterning looks very nice. Very nice grey wall panelling.The red and white flowers on the tables are pretty touches for sims to see as they are eating there meals. It is nice that there is a special bridal dining table for the wedding party to dine at. The red curtains add a very special look to the room. The floral wall picture is a special touch. Very nice bar area for sims to enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meal. Sims will enjoy dancing on the dance floor to the dj booth music! Very elegantly special honeymoon suite! The red and brown colour scheme looks very nice! The curtains around the bed look very nice.
    It is such a very special and grand wedding venue! :)
    edited August 2017
    Talk about knocking it out of the park! B) Whitestone Castle is absolutely gorgeous, perfect for a 5 star restaurant and as a wedding venue. Just love the architecture of the place and roofing is just stunning. B) And the landscaping, the one you dreaded so much hehe, you did amazing in that regard! The pond is beautiful, and so is the wedding gazebo in it. And the extra gardens surrounding the castle will make for a wonderful location for our sims to take their wedding pictures. <3 The interiors of the castle just breath class and elegance and your red highlights both add a romantic and cozy atmosphere. And you've thought about everything, from a cloak room, to changing rooms, a photo studio (with prop nook! B) ) and of course a beautiful and romantic Honeymoon suite. Fantastic build!!! <3
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    Your rooms are stunning and the castle is just wow. The landscaping is so beautiful! I love both the in and outside of the castle, you did n amazing job on this lot!
  • LightSands1LightSands1 Posts: 96 Member
    I clicked on your sims 4 showcase on the thread and this opens up :) WOW! Laebeth this thread is spectacular so many beautiful builds to look at. I had a quick browse but hope to pop by again soon to have a better look :)
    I may like to start my own showcase thread, there is so much in my creations that I feel the gallery pictures just do not show, but I can see that here I can really go to town with presenting my work :) If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.
    @rosemow Thank you for taking the time to post about my build again Rosemow <3 I completely understand it is too big for you to be commenting on every single room, so I do not expect that at all! So glad you liked it :blush:

@Corwim Thank you <3 I did work on that roof for quite a bit yes, and I am also pretty happy with it. See? I am learning! haha. And I did a lot of browsing at gardens to get ideas to finally end up with the garden I did. I agree that this sort of castle needs a more 'grand' garden! I did have that exact thing in mind, that wedding photos would be taken outside in good weather, but they would still have an option to use the indoor studio if necessary! I put quite a bit of thought into everything I build, so I am really happy when others notice and appreciate it :blush:

@illusie Thank you so much, glad you liked it <3 I still don't feel confident in landscaping, but you know, I am learning :wink:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

@LightSands1 Welcome, and thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate you taking the time to have a look <3 And of course, thank you for the wonderful comment!

I agree, the gallery does not do most builds justice, and a showcase is a great way to show off your creations in a much better way!

I think it's a great idea for you to start your own showcase, and I would definitely encourage it! <3 You don't have to be a veteran builder to do so, anyone can if they want. I still consider myself quite a novice, yet here I am with my own showcase :p So I think you should definitely just go for it!

I can offer a few helpful tips:

1. It's your showcase, so you organize exactly how you want. There is no standard in terms of how you post photos, what sort of photos or what information you add. You do it exactly how you prefer. If you are unsure then I would suggest having a browse around a few different showcases to see how different Simmers choose to organize. That will help you get ideas for your own! I took a few things from different showcases when I organized mine :)

2. When you start your own thread for the showcase, have the topic or subject as "Do not comment" or something similar. That will tell simmers that your showcase is WIP and that they should wait to comment until you have it set up. When the showcase is ready, you just edit that first comment and the subject of the thread to what you want to call it :)

3. I would suggest writing a "Reserved" on the first maybe 5-6 comments of your thread before posting anything else. These comments can then be used for an index for example. You can just go back and edit one of the "Reserved" comments when you need them. Simmers index in different ways, so you will find lots of different options when browsing other showcases! For example you can see here in mine that I use the very first comment for an intro, and then the following posts as an index. (I still have a few spare "Reserved" posts to use if needed down the road too :p )

Good luck, I would love to have a look around when you get your showcase all set up! (Did you notice I said "when" and not "if"? haha)

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Hi @Laebeth Thank you so much for all this advice! :) and yes lol I did notice that you said "when" and not "if"... so sweet of you. I was so touched to open your thread and see your response. So much great advice and I really appreciate your encouragement! I am so excited by the idea, so first some research, some planning and then ... you 'will' see my new thread pop up lol Yay!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,003 Member
    Wow, Whitestone Castle is an astounding wedding venue, very elaborate and exquisite. Very beautiful and well designed landscaping and I love the lake that runs through, fantastic work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @LightSands1 No problem at all sweetie :blush: That was in fact advice I was given when I first started out, by Rosemow and other helpful Simmers around the forum. The least I can do is help someone else the same way I was helped <3 I will be looking for your showcase, I already know you are a talented decorator, so I will look forward to seeing more :blush:

@masajo Thank you so much <3 That was my first attempt at making a lake, so I am glad you like it! Thank you for stopping by masajo, I always appreciate you taking the time to come and have a look! <3

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Laebeth :) that is so sweet! Thank you for spreading the kind helpful message <3
  • wendelynewendelyne Posts: 212 Member
    all of these are gorgeous <3 good job!
    Thank you so much @wendelyne <3 That's so sweet of you!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• fizzlegigfizzlegig Posts: 88 Member
    Wow @Laebeth you're so talented with your creations, amazing work! <3:)
    Origin ID: igrog71
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

I´m in love with your Whitestone Castle :love: It´s gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! <3
    My sim is about to get married and I think I will borrow it for the ceremony :mrgreen:
    @fizzlegig Thank you so much <3 Your are too kind :blush:

@AIRIS6962 That is possibly the best compliment I could get <3 That you love it enough to want to use it in your game :blush: Thank you so much sweetie, that means a lot!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger