Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get bad apples from omni plants?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, my sim got 'a lot of bad apples' opportunity while working at the restaurant and got just one bad apple in his inventory. But my sims have only normal omni seeds. I planted 2 and its quality is upgraded to outstanding. The problem is that I got 3 perfect apples after feeding just one bad apple. Is there a way to get bad apples from outstanding omni plants..? :(

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    The last time I did that opportunity I used the science station to clone the bad apple. I'm surprised the omni plant didn't work. I didn't think the omni plant increased quality levels.
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    The last time I did that opportunity I used the science station to clone the bad apple. I'm surprised the omni plant didn't work. I didn't think the omni plant increased quality levels.
    wow!! That's a great idea! I'm going to cancel the opportunity because bad apple has already turned into the great apple... I will try that way again! :D

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @TreyNutz, I cloned the bad apple at the science station too but I got normal apple ...:( Ah...I think I need to try this with low science skilled sim.. My chef sim looked very happy with the normal apple..
  • Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @TreyNutz, I cloned the bad apple at the science station too but I got normal apple ...:( Ah...I think I need to try this with low science skilled sim.. My chef sim looked very happy with the normal apple..

When cloning there's always a chance the sim will improve the quality of the item too. I don't recall how many attempts it took for my sim to get enough bad apples. I recall completing the opportunity that way too. Your sim will need to be...level 9 I think to be able to clone anything.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited August 2017
    From what I've heard from Carl's Sims site, this opportunity is "impossible to complete" in the time-frame given.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/cooking/challenges-opportunities.php

According to what he says, bad fertilizer won't help nor will feeding the plant Deathfish.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    The last time I tried this opportunity I only had the base game installed. I gave it up as a bad joke and have never accepted it again.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Y'know...it's like they don't test out these "opportunities" or somethin'. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I always used to refuse the bad apple opportunity but after learning about the science station I use it to clone the bad apple. The quality of the apple varies so you have to clone a lot of apples to get enough bad apples.
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    @Jeansoo with Nrass debug enabler, you can clone the bad apple and the quality remains the same. I used this to finish that opportunity.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options

When cloning there's always a chance the sim will improve the quality of the item too. I don't recall how many attempts it took for my sim to get enough bad apples. I recall completing the opportunity that way too. Your sim will need to be...level 9 I think to be able to clone anything.

I just have a simple question. To clone the bad apple, I need to analyze it and get the sample first, then clone it from science station, isn't it? Or is there any other way to clone without analyzing?
  • Options
    From what I've heard from Carl's Sims site, this opportunity is "impossible to complete" in the time-frame given.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/cooking/challenges-opportunities.php

According to what he says, bad fertilizer won't help nor will feeding the plant Deathfish.

Thanks! I read the page you posted. I actually need purified or horrifying omni seeds to complete it. I have one more sim hasn't got omni seed opportunity yet. Maybe I can try him to have omni opportunity and then try to get the bad omni seeds.

• Options
    @Jeansoo with Nrass debug enabler, you can clone the bad apple and the quality remains the same. I used this to finish that opportunity.

Thanks for the good tip. I will try this if I can't complete this opportunity without cheat. :) I feel like it's one of hard challenges. :D

• Options
    @TreyNutz

Untitled-16.png

I got only 1 putrid apple out of 9 samples from bad apple. And he got signed from one explosion. He looks so happy to upgrade from the bad sample to a perfect apple. It was a nice try though. :D
  • Options

I just have a simple question. To clone the bad apple, I need to analyze it and get the sample first, then clone it from science station, isn't it? Or is there any other way to clone without analyzing?

Yes, you need to analyze the bad apple first, then clone from the samples.

Congrats on the putrid apple! I don't recall it being so difficult, but then I did this a long time ago.
  • Options
    @TreyNutz Yes I agree. I'm going to give up this one and borrow the debugenabler's power. :D
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    I was wondering: What if you let someone else (with low gardening skill) tend your orchard?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    kusurusu wrote: »
    I was wondering: What if you let someone else (with low gardening skill) tend your orchard?

I tried having a sim with no gardening skill plant the bad apple and tend the tree, but the tree increased the quality (to normal?, I don't recall) and those apples did not satisfy the opportunity. When that failed I tried the science station.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I tried it already. If my sim without gardening skill plant it on ground, it shows as bad one, but it blooms 1 bad apple with 3 normal apples in case my sim has no gardening skill. But anyway, I solved it eventually! :)

1. Activate testingcheatsenabled cheat first,
    2. put one bad apple on the floor
    3. go into buy/build mode
    4. click on the bad apple while shift key and ctrl key are on together, so you need to use 2 fingers at the same time for shift key and ctrl key
    5. it shows a couple of interactions, there is 'clone' menu and clone 9 more bad apples in buy/build mode
    6. then just drag them into the inventory, and then just carry them into work next day.
    7. Done! :)

• Options
    edited August 2017

I tried having a sim with no gardening skill plant the bad apple and tend the tree, but the tree increased the quality (to normal?, I don't recall) and those apples did not satisfy the opportunity. When that failed I tried the science station.

I solved it eventually.

1. Activate testingcheatsenabled cheat first,
    2. put one bad apple on the floor
    3. go into buy/build mode
    4. click on the bad apple while shift key and ctrl key are on together, so you need to use 2 fingers at the same time for shift key and ctrl key
    5. it shows a couple of interactions, there is 'clone' menu and clone 9 more bad apples in buy/build mode
    6. then just drag them into the inventory, and then just carry them into work next day.
    7. Done! :)

• Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Or drink a potion to become a witch and conjure 10 bad apples. Really easy. Then drink the cure if you don't want to stay a witch. ;)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Or drink a potion to become a witch and conjure 10 bad apples. Really easy. Then drink the cure if you don't want to stay a witch. ;)

I thought witches conjure apples or poison apples.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Karritz wrote: »

I thought witches conjure apples or poison apples.

I haven't had this idea but sounds great!
  • Options
    They conjure apples, but in the beginning the quality is usually foul or putrid.
  • Options
    They conjure apples, but in the beginning the quality is usually foul or putrid.
    Is poisoned one be countable? :D
  • Options
    Probably not. Poisoned is different from just bad/rotten.