Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Premades - 10 Years Later

Some time ago, I had this idea...

What would happen if we looked in on the lives of the premades roughly 10 years after we originally met them?
What job would they have, if they have one? Would they still live in the same place? Who did they marry - or would they still be married to the same Sim? Did they have any (more) kids? Basically, all the important questions in life ;)

Anyway, I started this project (which I called "Premades 2025"), by making use of full edit mode in CAS to take a look at the Sims and their offspring. And I used the existing backstories and my imagination to write them a follow-up backstory.

Most Sims in this project will be in the life stage after the one they were in originally. Except some of the adults. I think the adult life stage is disproportionately short, so I just made some of the adults look older and some of them are actually elders (often depending on what would be "realistic" considering the age of their kids). Just mentioning it to avoid any confusion on the subject.
They won't neccesarily be completely at the start of that life stage, because, realistically, a teen who was originally about 16, would be 26 about 10 years later and not 18 or 21 (whenever you reckon the young adult stage starts). With that in mind I worked on this project, so a Sim who was originally a teen, like Cassandra Goth, may already be married and potentially be parent to a toddler, yet they may also be single.

The way I've set this up is that I'll post one of the new families/households each day on my Simblr. But as I wouldn't want you guys on the forums to miss out on this, especially because the premades are quite popular/known around here, I've decided to make this thread. I'll try to update daily, but might not always be able to.

If you don't want to wait, you can read this series on my Simblr, it posts at 20.00h (CET summertime) every day.
I already have the first post up, so I'll copy it to this thread in a minute.

I hope you have fun reading all this :)
Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr

Comments

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Really cool idea. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the others! :)
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I'm generally not a fan of premades, but I like your idea and I'll be keeping up with your stories here. Interesting update on the Pancakes.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Great idea, it would be even better with more screenshots @MDianaSanders
  • LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    Super awesome idea!
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Awesome idea! I'd love to see what you did with Windenburg sims.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I love your idea
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I also tend to avoid premades in my playthroughs and have never actually married one of the Pancakes, but omigosh little Wendy Pancake is adorable, I wanna kid nap her!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Thanks for all the comments :) I'm glad you like it.

@MrMonty96 While I have considered that, sadly, I don't have enough time to take more pictures (taking good showcase pictures takes a lot of effort and patience). It took me long enough to get all this.

@Karilan I can upload them to the Gallery if you like. I'd need to make a couple adjustments (seeing as the backstory really is just a story and not in anyway incorporated in my game), but if anyone requests a specific family I can get them ready for the Gallery.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    What a lovely idea! I'm bookmarking this thread <3
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Eliza looks awesome with the hairstyle you gave her!
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Can't wait to see what you do with the other premades, bookmarking this thread :)
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I love this thread and all your Sims are so cool! I'm excited to see more of the families.
  • caralina1324caralina1324 Posts: 51 Member
    I love this! I don't think premades get much love as people mostly seen them as people that fill in the town. They have stories to and that's important!
  • save_ferrissave_ferris Posts: 48 Member
    This is really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Love it!
  • FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    Wow, love this very creative idea!
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Very nice back stories. I am comparing them to what I've done with my premades. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Awesome idea! I can't wait to see Cassandra and her family!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I really like the story of Alexander and Elsa :D
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Great stories and pics. I especially love the Pancakes family!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited August 2017
    I bet it'll be interesting for you all to see who ended up with who. From the (previously) young adults and teens. That's why these first ones are a bit dull, they're the same couples, just with (additional) kids.

As for the current teens, I'm trying to keep the options open for them, they have crushes, but I haven't really thought of any of them being together (anything is still possible).
    I also added a few adoptive teens because I thought having only six of them (Olivia, Alexander, Elsa, Lucas, Max and Bille) was very little. Especially compared to the huge amount of kids and toddlers I have now :D

And while being on the subject of adoptive kids, all of them were actually adopted in game. I didn't randomly generate any in CAS, so I didn't have much of an influence on how they look (I tweaked one of them because they had a horrible body shape, the same as another adoptive kid in another family (I felt it was statistically near impossible to have two with that weird body shape), so I cheated a bit there - but I never touched their face).

As for the kids, aside from a few families, I randomised whether they'd have singles or twins and whether it would be boys or girls. I did change one or two (in advance) to have a fair balance gender wise.
    For example the Pancakes I wanted to have twins after Iggy, so no randomisation there, but Isobel Kim-Lewis could have had a twin or could have been a boy if my randomisation had turned out different.
    As for Amelia Goth, I actually sort of added her last-minute.

Just some inside info as to how this project worked. :)