Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• NashnashxoxoNashnashxoxo Posts: 4 New Member
    @Sterretjeee I will make sure I keep an eye out for the new chapter! You have an amazing way of writing!! <3
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited June 2017
    3.58 Saturday nights

Hello!

My name is Emily. I hope someone will read this message. I really need a friend. Maybe you're desperate and feeling alone just like me. Please, reply, or I'll lose my mind soon.

Emily

The short cry for help had appeared on Farrah’s screen a few weeks ago. Some click-bait had led her to a pen-pal site, and after some snooping around for fun, she ran across the short message left by ‘Emily’.
    Alarms had started to sound in her head. The message had felt like a cry for help, and Farrah was not one to let that go.

10-5-17_14-16-27.png

She had pulled a colourful paper block from her drawers and started writing. After throwing away at least twenty drafts and taking three days, like a true writer, she had felt her message wouldn’t scare of the poor woman in distress.

In the drawer she also found a polaroid, it had been taken on the day she casted the actors for her movie. “A friendly face…” Farrah whispered, before putting in in the envelope with the letter.

Letter_Farrah_1.png

10-5-17_14-20-51.png

Within days Farrah received a pink envelope in the mail. Her gut feeling immediately told her that she was not too late. That Emily had received her letter before being absorbed by loneliness, as loneliness does. And that the woman wrote on pink-paper.

Letter_Emily_1.png

The letter brought a smile to Farrah’s face, her panic might have been a little exaggerated. The woman had a beautiful daughter and reached out for Farrah’s hand without any doubt.

Farrah pulled the writing-block from her drawer again, but found herself in loss for answers. Had she found a special person? She was not sure yet, a crimson of red painted her cheeks. She would be closer to the answer after tonight, it would be their third month of dating.
    She decided to answer the letter after the date, and pulled away from the dinner table.
    For now, it was time to get ready .

12-6-17_10-13-17.png

A date-aversary Margo had called it, pulling a purple-ish dress from her mother’s closet. Farrah knew the dress would hug her curves just right. Her daughter had a knack for seeing those things. “Here, you should wear this one!” Margo said, holding it up. “A four star restaurant, right?”
    Farrah nodded “I believe it is. Do I have any heels to go with it?” She gestured to the bottom of her closet as Margo put the dress down. “It’s unlike that time we went to the beach, I need three inches at last.” Farrah thought back to her last date, they had spent their evening near the ocean with nectar and talked for hours. It had felt perfect.
    “Four” Margo protested, bringing Farrah back from her memory, as she continued her search.

12-6-17_10-09-22.png

“Fine, four. I prefer not to imitate ‘Bambi on ice’ tonight, though honey.”
    Margo didn’t respond, she simply rummaged through the bottom of the closet trying to find a matching pair of shoes. “But seriously mom, three months. Isn’t that the meet-the-family phase of a relationship? Because honestly, I don’t even know this guy’s name.”
    Farrah blushed. “I’m a little shy about introducing him, okay?” She admitted. “It’s not.. It’s hard.” She added. She had been overly sensitive on the topic around her new flame. It always seemed too soon to introduce him.
    “You and Graham, you go first you know. I’m not going to put this thing we have here between that.”

12-6-17_10-15-13.png

“And with ‘thing’ you mean relationship?” Margo asked, she was no longer searching for shoes.
    Farrah rolled her eyes. “Yes, mother.” She teased. “I will introduce him to you eventually, I promise. I just need some time.”
    “Just don’t take too long, this man has the right to know your children too.”
    As Farrah didn’t respond, Margo raised an eyebrow. “He does know you have children right?”
    Farrah pressed her lips together in laughter.
    “He is a he right?” Margo added, after which her mother started laughing.
    “Yes and yes, honey. I don’t live a secret double life! I just haven’t introduced you to the man I’m dating yet!”
    Margo bent over in the closet once again, pulling out two silver heels. “In that case, I found you your shoes!”

12-6-17_10-21-04.png

“So?” Farrah asked, even though she had already seen it herself. Her daughter had amazing feeling for this. Margo smiled. “Fits like a glove, you look stunning.” She complimented. But her squinting eyes betrayed that even though she spoke, her brain was still in utter thought.
    “Penny for your thought?” Farrah asked, waving her hand in front of Margo’s face.
    “Jewellery.” Margo said, after which she raised her hand. “Now where’s my penny?”

12-6-17_10-42-26.png

Graham had asked Lalita to wait a minute, until his mother would come downstairs. They had reservations their selves, but Graham felt nervous for his date with Lalita. She wasn’t that easily impressed. As Farrah came down stairs she seemed to admire the view. “Would you look at that!” She squealed. “My boy all grown up and handsome!” Graham shook his head, but wisely kept quiet. His mother then winked at Lalita. “And with a beautiful lady at his side.”
    “Thank you Miss Grace, you look stunning too!” Lalita eagerly answered.

12-6-17_10-39-47.png

“Are you going on a date too?” She then asked curiously, Farrah flushed pink. “I actually am, fancy dresses aren’t my go-to you see.”
    Lalita smiled. “A shame, they look amazing on you. I bet you could rock it on a day-to-day base.”
    Lalita had been overly polite since the first day Graham introduced her as his girlfriend. Before she would come over every now and then, but merely showed herself. Their relationship changed that though, it was almost as if his girlfriend was determined to make Farrah like her. At first it was almost adorable. Almost. By now… Graham was getting mildly nauseous of all the compliments and positivity. It always felt fawned in contrary to when they had just started dating.

12-6-17_10-36-43.png

Graham gently puts his arm on Lalita’s shoulder, his sleeve sliding of his wrist revealing his watch. Accordingly he tells the time. “Our reservation at the bowling alley is in fifteen minutes, shall we make way?” He asks, giving a apologizing smile at his mother whom was just discussing the curls turned into Lalita’s hair and how to do so. Graham did not follow the entire tutorial his girlfriend was just submitting. Lalita stops talking and eagerly nods. “Oh, sure! Of course! We wouldn’t want to keep them waiting!”
    She had in fact kept Graham waiting tons of times.
    “It was wonderful seeing you again, Farrah. Have an amazing evening.” “Bye, mom.”
    And with that they left.

12-6-17_10-44-52.png

As her brother left, Margo made her way downstairs. She did not feel like facing Lalita in her pyjama’s, while the girl was all dressed up for a date. She wouldn’t hear the end of it at practice the next day, the Margo Grace staying home on a Saturday night! Those darn gossiping cheerleaders always.
    “Have a great night, mom.” Margo smiled softly. “Thank you, dear. You have fun too, tonight! Maybe grandma Sophia will watch a movie with you!”
    “Yeah, maybe.” Margo said.

12-6-17_9-55-13.png

As her mother left she went upstairs towards her room. The music blasted loudly through her phone’s speakers as threw herself on the bed.
    “Maybe not, though.”

A/N
    The letters to and from Emily is an awesome collaboration with the wonderful @Maladi777 and her Heffner legacy. I recommend everyone who does not know it to check it out! :blush:
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    *Haimon, bring me a bottle of wine. We have reason to celebrate!*
    Wow, you really rocked ​the first chapter after so much time! :smiley:
    yes, Emily... So excited to see how and to which extent you'll include her. Somehow,
    Lalita's constant compliments make me uneasy.
    Could be she's Just trying to be nice and I'm overreacting, though.
    Farrah is seeing someone? High time, girl!
    And introduce him to your kids soon, they're not 4 years any more and want to know what's going on!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    So nice way to keep us wondering. About10 different things. :)
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I am as curious as Margo now ;)
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    <3 OHH ?? nice update!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Wait who is this mystery man??? Did I miss being introduced to him?
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Looks like Lalita is with Graham for the wrong reasons.
    Yay for Emily letters!
    You've got me really curious about Farrah's date.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    *Haimon, bring me a bottle of wine. We have reason to celebrate!*
    Wow, you really rocked ​the first chapter after so much time! :smiley:
    yes, Emily... So excited to see how and to which extent you'll include her. Somehow,
    Lalita's constant compliments make me uneasy.
    Could be she's Just trying to be nice and I'm overreacting, though.
    Farrah is seeing someone? High time, girl!
    And introduce him to your kids soon, they're not 4 years any more and want to know what's going on!

@MrsRacooney Awhh, thank you so much <3
    It took a long time of writing to get it out the way it did!
    Emily will be seen again! That what I'll tell you ;)
    Both Lalita and Farrah's stories has just started. A LOT is to happen!
    Thank you for reading and leaving a comment <3
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    So nice way to keep us wondering. About10 different things. :)

@mypalsim1 I can't rock cliffhangers, I can rock these :lol:
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    I am as curious as Margo now ;)

@anaitapeva A lot of curiosity all around me!
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    <3 OHH ?? nice update!

@lisabee2 Thank you so much! You flatter me, and thanks for leaving a comment <3
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Wait who is this mystery man??? Did I miss being introduced to him?

@swcheppes You haven't missed anything, Farrah's mystery man remains a mystery for now ;)
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Looks like Lalita is with Graham for the wrong reasons.
    Yay for Emily letters!
    You've got me really curious about Farrah's date.

@Maladi777 Something IS of in their relationship!
    Emily was the perfect way to introduce Farrah's love life, it's not quite as complicated as Emily's though!
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Finally finished binge-reading. It took me a while to read that much but was totally worth it. (I promise I didn't read this all today (or yesterday as it's now Sunday here), I started it last weekend and kinda forgot about it for a while. Although, I read the majority today. ;) )
  • kaycee39kaycee39 Posts: 8 New Member
    Oh my gosh! I just spent the past week binge reading this story and I'm about to cry that I'm all caught up
    @Bugsie2016 @kaycee39 So, welcome in the patiently-waiting-for-a-chapter-club! ;) It's definitely worth the wait :)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney Thank you and yes from what I've read and the many emotions that this story has made me feel (especially about J, I just lost my own father to Alzheimer's) I will be checking in regularly for the following chapters!!
    @MrsRacooney From the story so far I know that it's definitely worth the wait. Thanks though.
    *Gasp* Has it been two months since I last posted a chapter already. Got to get my game on! (Literally) Expect a chapter super soon. I'll be writing my butt off!
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Finally finished binge-reading. It took me a while to read that much but was totally worth it. (I promise I didn't read this all today (or yesterday as it's now Sunday here), I started it last weekend and kinda forgot about it for a while. Although, I read the majority today. ;) )
    @MrsRacooney From the story so far I know that it's definitely worth the wait. Thanks though.

@Bugsie2016 I'm so glad that you caught up! I hope I'll fulfill your expectations and make the wait worth your while! <3
    Thank you for reading and leaving such sweet comments! <3
    kaycee39 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh! I just spent the past week binge reading this story and I'm about to cry that I'm all caught up

@kaycee39 Thank you so much! <3 Don't cry, no tears. I'm writing today! ;)
    Thank you for leaving a comment as well, they motivate me so much <3
    @Bugsie2016 @kaycee39 So, welcome in the patiently-waiting-for-a-chapter-club! ;) It's definitely worth the wait :)

@MrsRacooney Thank you so much for patiently-waiting-for-a-chapter! This writer here is about to work her butt of to post a new one! <3

@Sterretjeee As I've said to a few people previously, take as long as you need, even if it's another 2 months then that's fine. We'll still be here patiently waiting.
    6 hours ago I wanted to write you " :love::love: feel encouraged" but now I see that my phone hasn't sent it although I clicked the button three times?! :|
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @Sterretjeee As I've said to a few people previously, take as long as you need, even if it's another 2 months then that's fine. We'll still be here patiently waiting.

@Bugsie2016 That's very nice of you to say! Luckily it won't be that long :)
    6 hours ago I wanted to write you " :love::love: feel encouraged" but now I see that my phone hasn't sent it although I clicked the button three times?! :|

@MrsRacooney The forum has such weird glitches at times! I still felt the encouragement either way ;)
    3.59 Cheerleader Gossip

15-8-17_20-52-01.png

“You would not believe what happened in class yesterday.” Sienna’s voice shrieked through the classroom, if looks could she would've been shot cold. Sienna seemed aware of her own enthusiasm as she glanced at the door before continuing in a hushed tone.
    Meanwhile Margo felt herself being poked by her cousin merely seconds after sitting down, the elbow repeatedly hit her shoulder until she gave Hester the asked attention with a plastered on smile.
    The only thing her cousin did though, was gesturing for Margo to eavesdrop on Sienna’s gossip. She smiled awkwardly, as if she didn’t already plan to do so.

15-8-17_20-49-55.png

“You know how I go to homework class on Tuesdays right?” The girl asked her neighbour. The girl nodded eagerly, Margo could almost imagine the girl on her knees for juicy details. And she didn’t even know the story yet.
    “Well, our usual teacher was sick. So mister Taylor came to our assistance.” Sienna purred while pronouncing his name, softly making her companion squeal.
    “No one really goes to those classes, so the room was as good as empty. It was almost just him and me.” She suggestively raised an eyebrow, unaware of her public. Meanwhile Hester rolled her eyes at Margo.
    “I don’t think he even came that close to anyone before, I swear if that geek Poppy hadn’t been sitting in the corner he would’ve taken me right there on that desk.”

15-8-17_20-54-55.png

“Oooh please!” Hester sighed almost as loud as Sienna had been a couple moments ago. “You got to be kidding me!”
    Sienna crossed her arms. “You’re just jealous!” She gawked. “Jealous of what? How far your head is up your 🐸🐸🐸🐸?” Hester grinned at Margo, before turning her attention back to Sienna. “I thought we were going to get some juicy gossip, not some desperate fantasy.”
    Sienna turned red. “It was not a fantasy!” She shrieked, not able to bring out something actual intelligible. As she squealed the last -Y- of her word the door slammed open.

15-8-17_20-46-14.png

“I’m sorry I’m late.” Scott Taylor announced to his class, the sweat from rushing still shimmering on his forehead. “I had to teach on the other side of the building last period, and my schedule won’t change for at least another two months.” The man continued as he started putting his stuff down.
    Still on his rush-hour mode Mister Taylor started unloading his bag to start the lesson. “The class I have before you is an exam class, so they need all the time I can give. Regarding this I would like to make some agreements with you all.” As he finally was unpacked and settled behind his desk he shot a pearly-white smile into the classroom. “But first presence.” He announced, pulling the list of names from the corner of his desk.

15-8-17_20-56-44.png

“Yeah, that smile was definitely meant for you. Real connection there.” Hester teased Sienna in front of her, whom grumbled some insult back.
    Mister Taylor continued down the list as Sienna and Hester engaged in an ignoring-battle. Margo sighed, bending down over her notes. She didn’t feel like she improved at writing, ever since she started taking these classes. But she didn’t get worse either, so that counted for something. Maybe if she hadn’t had to sit in the back she could actually make out what Mister Taylor was saying rather than hearing the blabbering about how hot he was.

15-8-17_20-57-24.png

But she was stuck in the back, behind Mister Taylor’s most imaginative students. And her story was stuck at being nothing more than a sappy love-story. Nothing unique or mind-blowing. Nothing that made you sit at the edge of your chair. Nothing that made you cry.
    Adele had made Margo cry so much, and that was very out of character for the cheerful person she always was. Always aspired to be.
    Sure, the first time she had seen her mother’s movie she was but a child. Not fully understanding why those grown-ups made life so hard for themselves. Wasn’t it wonderful? She knew what she would do when she were that big, it contained ice cream and horses.

15-8-17_20-57-51.png

But by the time the third and last movie aired, Margo was of age to understand what happened in her mother’s books. She loved re-reading the books as much as she loved re-watching the movies. She was inspired by Adele’s independence and Michael’s perseverance. But most of all she was impressed by how her mother managed to put such important parts of a fictional life on paper as if it was nothing.
    She aspired to create a world like that, in her head, hoping it would someday inspire other people.

15-8-17_20-46-57.png

15-8-17_20-58-09.png

15-8-17_20-58-25.png

But truthfully, she sucked.
    “Honestly Margo, stop pretending you’re actually taking notes.” Sienna dared Margo. “You’re here as much for the view as we are.”
    Margo tried to dive deeper into her notes as Sienna spoke those words, how much longer would she have to keep this act up. She knew Sienna rather admired her, the disliking was solemnly aimed at Hester. Maybe because Hester was more of an actual threat with her raven black hair and stunning appearance. Sienna probably viewed Margo more as a partner-in-crime. “Don’t act all innocent about it.” She pushed further, hoping to lure Margo into a conversation about their teacher.

15-8-17_21-00-26.png

Hester was about to step in when Margo looked up and smiled. In the most friendly tone she could possibly manage to keep she speaks to the blonde girl. “I’m really here for the course Sienna, my mom writes too you know.” For a moment the blond girl keeps her silent, taken aback by the unexpected answer. As part of the cheer-squad the sassy girl knew Margo as the one who had it worst for their teacher.
    “Sienna” A deep voice called out from the front of the classroom.

15-8-17_20-43-13.png

Mister Taylor has his arms crossed as he addresses her. “I don’t like interrupting myself, but I’m getting tired of seeing the back of your head. The lecture’s up front.” His voice is stern, but both that sound as well as his gaze visibly softens as he changes his focus to the young Grace-girl. His entire posture opens up. “Margo, you always pay attention. Try to keep that up and not distract your classmates, okay?” He asks, the irritation from Sienna’s behaviour completely faded.
    Margo did nothing but nod silently.

15-8-17_21-01-57.png

As Mister Taylor continues his lecture Hester is close to losing. “I could feel the tension all the way here, Sienna. Homework class must’ve been SO steamy.” She sarcastically remarks. “Even Margo got less of a cold shoulder than you did.”
    The commentary makes Sienna turn her head one more time. “Yeah, what was that about Miss I-come-for-the-course?” Sienna asked, rather curious than infuriated. But Mister Taylor’s once again stern voice calls her attention back to the front. “Sienna!”

15-8-17_20-54-20.png

“But seriously.” Hester asks as the lecture had been uninterrupted for the longest it had that day. “What was that all about?” She asked fazed by Mister Taylor’s warm tone. Hester as about the only one that actually knew that her crush was nothing but fawned.
    Margo doesn’t look up, if only she actually knew herself.

15-8-17_21-06-40.png

Margo’s nose was about to reach her knee when she’s startled by one of the footballers appearing in the little sight she has in the gap between her leg and her head. Taking all her might not to fall over she leaps up straight in an awkward manner. Finally having a good view of the boy after turning around she notices that he actually came to talk to her.

15-8-17_21-07-24.png

“Hi Margo.” Taylor Reese greeted with a warm smile. Still taken aback from the blood flowing back to her leg Margo makes a clumsy trip, he catches her by her arm. “Don’t fall now.” He said concerned. “I’m alright.” Margo smiles loosely pulling her arm back. “You sure? You should drink enough while sporting! Coach always makes us do that, especially in hot weather. Do you have a bottle?”

15-8-17_21-09-45.png

“I’m fine, really!” Margo reassures, defeated by his kindness. “It’s just the blood streaming back into my body.” Taylor nods to verify he understands, that darn smile that makes Margo’s knees weak never leaving his face. “Thank you, though. For watching out for me.”
    “Of course!” Taylor assures. “That’s what friends do!
    ‘Friends’, the word shot Margo like an arrow through the heart. “You would do the same for me, right?”
    “Definitely” She answers, trying to not lose her smile.

15-8-17_21-09-52.png

After a few seconds of not knowing what to say, Taylor once again takes the lead in their conversation. “So I came to ask you, did it not bother you? That we had to share the field today?” He gestured towards the rest of his team, still blowing steam from their training. “Double bookings are the worst, and I know it’s your time officially. But we have this big game coming up and…” “It was fine, Taylor. I barely noticed you guys there.” Taylor smiled. “Good.” He said clearly pleased.

15-8-17_21-10-25.png

As the sun started to set, Margo noticed Taylor growing tense. “Everything alright?” She figures it was her time to ask now. “Your entire team is already leaving the field.. How late is it?” Taylor answers somewhat nervous
    Margo glances over her shoulder. “Around 6 probably, why?” She asked, concerned by his sudden gloomy gaze.
    “I agreed to meet Mia six fifteen, and still have to shower. Better hurry.” He quickly laughs, but it didn’t sound as genuine as it did before. “Mia would skin me if I’m late.”
    And with those words he left the field, only leaving Margo an apologetic smile.

15-8-17_21-13-46.png

“I would be so much better to him.” Margo whispers under her breath.
    @Sterretjeee Good to know that some messages even reach their aim without being sent :D

Now, for the ( <3<3<3 ) chapter.
    Somehow the whole situation reminded me of "Life is Strange", do you know that game? A course which is only attended because of the goodlooking teacher and a protagonist who is actually interested in the subject. XD Let's hope Margo won't face so many problems :s
    There are two Taylors, haha :D Although it's somewhat weird that the boy steps up to a girl knowing he has a date with another. But, well we're still pretty much at the beginning of this gen so I expect everything to develop with time...
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Oh, poor Margo... :/ But Taylor isn't the only guy in Universe, so... just look around ;)
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    Taylor Taylor Taylor. These darn Taylors are everywhere.
    Oh. Wait. Taylor is the last name that happened to occur in my legacy. Drat! The epidemic continues! Next thing you know, it'll be a Graham/Grayson thing. Oh! Wait! Noooooooooooo!!!!!! *jumps off cliff*

*lands in water*

I live!

I think it's great that Margo is determined to pay attention in class. It's too bad that she can't sit in the front. I know how that feels, and some students really suffer by sitting in the back, students like me. I have a legal right to ask for a seat in the front, but I don't usually have to pull that out because most everyone likes to sit in the back. So that's rarely a problem. Maybe if she went up to talk to Mr. Taylor that he'd be able to work something out with her. Maybe give her private tutoring sessions... :)
    So happy to see this update, I now have tears of joy rather than sorrow for the absence of this wonderful legacy
  • sims4evasims4eva Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2017
    For some reason I feel like Farrah's mystery man is Mr. Taylor. Because they seem to have similar interests, and it would tie up the whole "Tyler/Tyler" package nicely.
    [\spoiler]

Edited (twice) because I'm a failure at using bbcode