The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need more stuff 2 beautify our homes!

TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
edited July 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I really dont feel like I can really create the home I envision, because there is so much missing decor wise. Here are some of the things I want to be addressed.

-Lack of colors, patterns and styles for wallpaper.

So far we have blank,white or colored walls, boring pinstripes and really dated looking wallpaper, which is okay for some builds but not for others. I would like to see colored patterned wallpaper, suitable for sims across all age groups.

-Lack of attractive paintings , photos and art work for the walls

I feel like wall art is the most important part of decorating a home.Theres maybe 2-3 pieces that are nice. The rest are very "Blah".

More furnishings and bedding options -

-I would really like to see more normal looking and modern beds, with attractive bedding and especially more modern looking beds for toddlers .
Most of the beds are either super modern or super dated looking.

Couches -

How come we're still using mostly base game couches? And the ones we have are boxy and dated or super modern and weird looking and come in unappealing colors.

Window Covering/drapes - The ones that we got with city living are nice. But the patterns/colors are limited and we need more stylish window coverings. 9 out of 10 of the ones we have are only suitable for a dreary looking older house.

Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on

Comments

• KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    A color wheel would really be appreciated; I'd love to be able to change the color of things, so tired of the same limited colors/patterns. I've built so many houses for this game that at this point, I feel like the interiors colors and furnishings look the same in everyone of them. Of course, that could be my bad decorating skills ;) but still, I'd like the opportunity to change things to suit me.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I doubt that you would ever get CASt which is a shame as really, that is all you need

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    :/ EA is not yet finished with that. We have to wait and see because they keep updating the sims.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I also wish we had more framed photos to place on shelves, mantles and table tops. I'm so bored with the butterfly, apple, pear, and llama sports team ones I could cry. I agree with OP about the window coverings and couches, as well as the beds. I was sad there wasn't a double size of the iron framed bed we got with Parenthood.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Oh I don't mess with wall art and paintings anymore, I have my artists make my own. I've got Van Gogh, DaVinci, and a few others. making portraits and other art for me.

I agree with beds, and Couches
    I'd love sectionals, chaises

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want more framing options for paintings our sims create. We have that plain black frame only. I want something that will fit sims that have antiques ect.. so I'd like gilt and antique... or even plain wood options ect... I also want a variety of colors there if possible.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Oh I don't mess with wall art and paintings anymore, I have my artists make my own. I've got Van Gogh, DaVinci, and a few others. making portraits and other art for me.

I agree with beds, and Couches
    I'd love sectionals, chaises

Well, I want more modern, contemporary wall art and also wall art that is suitable to decorate a nursery with . So painting doesnt cover it. Im not into van gogh or anything.
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'd challenge the people working on the game to just go to an ordinary furniture store and look at the types of stuff there and try to bring that to the sims, because I agree with what you're saying. Regular looking stuff like couches that aren't super modern or old fashioned and have fabric backs (what's with all of the exposed wood backs or bench style couches in the game?).
    lr_sof_10136922_bellingham~Cindy-Crawford-Home-Bellingham-Hydra-Sofa.jpeg?$PDP_Primary_936x650$
    image.ashx?id=78761&type=product&name=78761_83.jpg&tn=2
    More living room decor, especially wall hangings (like collages of framed pictures) would be great. I'd like to be able to create rooms like these-
    image.ashx?id=78761&type=product&name=78761_83.jpg&tn=2
    20154_cols29a_01_PH125068.jpg
    More variety for TV stands and media hutches would also help create more unique looking living rooms.
    beadboard-media-stand-o.jpg

• DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    for me it is this:
    The Sims 4 Vampires. Will there ever be an option to make plasma fruit salad in the "have a quick meal" option on the refrigerator? The reason I ask this is because one vampire is easy enough to maintain on thirst, but then add in a whole household of vampires and it becomes annoying. If there was an autonomous option to keep thirst at bay, then it would be more enjoyable to play the undead without have to struggle with the thirst need every time. (Plasma packs somewhat solve this, but the player still HAS to intervene to make this happen and the rate at which vampires drink plasma packs in fairly quick.)

In terms of building, I have two things on my list (also color wheel would be cool as described by another post):
    Spiral staircases and elevators. (there is a mod for spiral staircases, but come on....it really just needs to be in the game itself) These two things are so useful in space conservation in small and large house designs (especially elevators since once can be used to access all floors in the house using only one system.)

I guess for furniture, Fold out beds and bunk beds might be neat.

For the rest of the furniture they add, I always say the same thing for half of whats added, which is "these items look unattractive or A.) no environment points B.) horrible comfort (looks cool and modern, but its terrible in comfort and no environment added = less useful, which means half the chairs are gone.)" The very last dining chair, which is the "Arrrmed Dining chair" (somewhat of an older vintage look) is the only good chair with comfort of eight. This same thing applies to beds as well. I guess what it comes down to is can we please get more furniture that is good in comfort and environment besides constant filler?? You know more "high end" options that look good, have good perks, and fit with more builds?? That is all I ask, so that there can be different builds that are also useful in comfort and environment.
    @griffin1842 Thank you ! thats what im talking about and I agree. We need several more, normal looking couches and chairs. I love those mustard arm chairs by the way :)
    edited July 2017
    DJrax wrote: »
    for me it is this:
    The Sims 4 Vampires. Will there ever be an option to make plasma fruit salad in the "have a quick meal" option on the refrigerator? The reason I ask this is because one vampire is easy enough to maintain on thirst, but then add in a whole household of vampires and it becomes annoying. If there was an autonomous option to keep thirst at bay, then it would be more enjoyable to play the undead without have to struggle with the thirst need every time. (Plasma packs somewhat solve this, but the player still HAS to intervene to make this happen and the rate at which vampires drink plasma packs in fairly quick.)

In terms of building, I have two things on my list (also color wheel would be cool as described by another post):
    Spiral staircases and elevators. (there is a mod for spiral staircases, but come on....it really just needs to be in the game itself) These two things are so useful in space conservation in small and large house designs (especially elevators since once can be used to access all floors in the house using only one system.)

I guess for furniture, Fold out beds and bunk beds might be neat.

For the rest of the furniture they add, I always say the same thing for half of whats added, which is "these items look unattractive or A.) no environment points B.) horrible comfort (looks cool and modern, but its terrible in comfort and no environment added = less useful, which means half the chairs are gone.)" The very last dining chair, which is the "Arrrmed Dining chair" (somewhat of an older vintage look) is the only good chair with comfort of eight. This same thing applies to beds as well. I guess what it comes down to is can we please get more furniture that is good in comfort and environment besides constant filler?? You know more "high end" options that look good, have good perks, and fit with more builds?? That is all I ask, so that there can be different builds that are also useful in comfort and environment.

I wish they would stop producing "uncomfortable" beds altogether. They serve NO gameplaying purpose.

Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on
  • DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    ya because I will definitely get the uncomfortable bed, not the comfortable bed.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    I concur, especially with curtains. I don't use as much object cc in TS4, but I have had to dl some cc curtains recently because the choices are lacking in the game.
    Post edited by lasummerb on
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    We need way more stuff. All my builds are starting to look alike, because the interior options are just so limited. A color-wheel would be very highly appreciated.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
    NickSims wrote: »
    We need way more stuff. All my builds are starting to look alike, because the interior options are just so limited. A color-wheel would be very highly appreciated.

The exterior options are embarassingly limited also. Im soooooo tired of the paint/siding choices I could scream!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I did hear that there was a CC colour wheel from somewhere but it would never be as good as CASt which as I mentioned is still in demand. Combine that with Create a Pattern and you have even more options. I will never under stand why they watered TS4 down in such a way that they removed nearly every creative option :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member

I did hear that there was a CC colour wheel from somewhere but it would never be as good as CASt which as I mentioned is still in demand. Combine that with Create a Pattern and you have even more options. I will never under stand why they watered TS4 down in such a way that they removed nearly every creative option :(

I totally agree. After spending some time in Sims 4 building and decorating houses, I became bored using the same colours over and over again. It became so tedious I stopped opening up my game and moved on to other things. Now if they were to bring more creative possibilities back into the game, there is a definite possibility that I will return. I live forever in hope.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would like a shorter, wider book case. You know about waist high.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I wish they gave us realistic looking furniture, not the blocky, chunky monsters that look so much bigger than sims, the proportions are all messed up when it comes to furniture. Couches are the worst. Can't play without CC ones. We also don't get enough clutter and if we do it's also oversized and you can't even place it on shelves without using a cheat. So many unrealistic looking items in this game, i wonder how the homes of people who create them look like lmao. It's like they've never been to ikea. Or never watched tv/ picked up a magazine.
    agustd wrote: »
    I wish they gave us realistic looking furniture, not the blocky, chunky monsters that look so much bigger than sims, the proportions are all messed up when it comes to furniture. Couches are the worst. Can't play without CC ones. We also don't get enough clutter and if we do it's also oversized and you can't even place it on shelves without using a cheat. So many unrealistic looking items in this game, i wonder how the homes of people who create them look like lmao. It's like they've never been to ikea. Or never watched tv/ picked up a magazine.

I think the misc decor is a lot better in sims 3. And there are more Wall Art options. And couches too. At least you aren't stuck with EA's colors, because of cas. From here on out I am playing the sims 3...for a while @agustd
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Whilst I would love have more options and realistic-looking ones too, in addition to that, I would also like some of the themed furniture that you can get in Sims Freeplay, some of which are unrealistic (like a floating anti-gravity dining table that matches all the sci-fi furniture). There's a Neo-Tokyo themed furniture that looks really cool and sci-fi furniture too. I hope they can bring similar things to Sims 4, especially when they can have all this cool stuff on a free mobile version of the game. I do love the clutter they have though, it makes for far more interesting rooms.
    astera00 wrote: »
    Whilst I would love have more options and realistic-looking ones too, in addition to that, I would also like some of the themed furniture that you can get in Sims Freeplay, some of which are unrealistic (like a floating anti-gravity dining table that matches all the sci-fi furniture). There's a Neo-Tokyo themed furniture that looks really cool and sci-fi furniture too. I hope they can bring similar things to Sims 4, especially when they can have all this cool stuff on a free mobile version of the game. I do love the clutter they have though, it makes for far more interesting rooms.

The clutter in freePlay?
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    Sorry I wasn't clear, no not clutter in freeplay, clutter in Sims 4. It's little but I appreciate it.

Another thing I would like from freeplay is switchback staircases (would be great in smaller homes), firepoles and elevators.
  • FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I'd love some more just.. "casual", "normal" BB objects. Parenthood added some but I would like more. I would also like more "young, modern" pieces of furniture, but not too over the top.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

astera00 wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't clear, no not clutter in freeplay, clutter in Sims 4. It's little but I appreciate it.

Another thing I would like from freeplay is switchback staircases (would be great in smaller homes), firepoles and elevators.

yeah I think theres not nearly enough clutter is ts4