Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited August 2017
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    For September, How about top 10 locations?

You could nominate things like The Island from S5 of the Mole or The Abnormaility house or you know, Stuff like that?

I like the idea, but it seems too broad. It should either be Top 10 Houses or Top 10 Locations (AKA: neighborhood/world). The latter is somewhat boring though since most people just use EA Worlds. :p So I'd be in favor of Top 10 Houses
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Hey have we done the best cameo before? :p

No siree Bob (but I know we discussed it once) :p
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Turner wrote: »
    Jake, I believe your countdown idea didn't work because we already did that one. :# We could start over, redoing each one we've already done and adding new nominations to it? And therefore bumping the worst ones from the original countdown and hence updating and refreshing all the ones we have so far. Or.... Just do a brand new topic altogether, which I think most people are in favor of.

Well, I kinda want to see if anybody has new ideas to this countdown. There has been a lot of reality shows since that countdown, and I feel we could do another list involving those incidents.

I'm nominating "Best Death Scenes" for a potential countdown for August.

That will better for October in my opinion.

Leaves the host countdown for now.

Yeah, let's just do the host one for August. I like Jake's idea of leaving best death scenes for October.

What will September be? Jake? Anyone?

Top 10 Real Life Challenges that translated over great in Episodes? A nice rl-challenge, which at it's portrayal in the episode just WHAMS you away into pure impression.

That will be better for the Sims Awards. I feel like countdowns should avoid real life stuff and save that kind of stuff for the Sims Awards.

So what about just Top 10 Best Challenges in general? We'd have to define what "best" means though. Most entertaining? Most apparent fun? Most well-put together?
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Hey have we done the best cameo before? :p

Oooooh, I like that idea. Cuz i know we've had a fair few cameos in reality shows so far, So there's a few to choose from.
    Christmas_Banner.png
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    For September, How about top 10 locations?

You could nominate things like The Island from S5 of the Mole or The Abnormaility house or you know, Stuff like that?

I like the idea, but it seems too broad. It should either be Top 10 Houses or Top 10 Locations (AKA: neighborhood/world). The latter is somewhat boring though since most people just use EA Worlds. :p So I'd be in favor of Top 10 Houses

Yeah, It is abit broad of a category. I just said Locations because i thought with houses you could'nt really nominate places like the one's from survivor shows and stuff and i did'nt want to leave them out. :tongue:

But yes, Top 10 Houses would work alot better i think.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,716 Member
    Jake, I believe your countdown idea didn't work because we already did that one. :# We could start over, redoing each one we've already done and adding new nominations to it? And therefore bumping the worst ones from the original countdown and hence updating and refreshing all the ones we have so far. Or.... Just do a brand new topic altogether, which I think most people are in favor of.

Well, I kinda want to see if anybody has new ideas to this countdown. There has been a lot of reality shows since that countdown, and I feel we could do another list involving those incidents.

I'm nominating "Best Death Scenes" for a potential countdown for August.

That will better for October in my opinion.

Leaves the host countdown for now.

Yeah, let's just do the host one for August. I like Jake's idea of leaving best death scenes for October.

What will September be? Jake? Anyone?

Top 10 Real Life Challenges that translated over great in Episodes? A nice rl-challenge, which at it's portrayal in the episode just WHAMS you away into pure impression.

That will be better for the Sims Awards. I feel like countdowns should avoid real life stuff and save that kind of stuff for the Sims Awards.

Disagree button.
    It's not just the RL-Challenge. It's more about how well-translated, exciting, contextual and good-looking it in the episode is. Is it just a literal translation, or is much more detail or context added? (The Pirate Mission from The Mole 3 would be a great example)
    Banner.png
    Oooh, me likes the idea of both cameos and houses. :) Let's use them. :) And about locations, how about we don't define the term location as 'world' or 'city', but do define it as the venue a challenge, mission or other event takes place? (Examples: Medieval village on The Mole 4, baker square on Locked etc.)
    Banner.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Are we currently nominating scenes for the latest countdown? I think Jake's hosting? Is this still going on? Because I think we have been quiet for sometime since.
    CURRENT POLL
    vote2-300x300.png

I also want to state this for future reference- From now on, I will be the only one to host any future countdowns in case somebody forgets about it. If you attempt to ask for permission, you will get a No. Zero exemptions!

Late July/Early August 2017 Countdown:

Another Top Five/Ten Most Hilarious Scenes

Sometimes, we can not help to laugh even more. These scenes made us snort, laugh, and cry.... Okay, maybe not the latter, but they are all considered to be some of the most chuckle-inducing scenes of all time.

Please not that any entry that was included in the original top ten will not be included in this countdown. Go here to see any entry that was from the original top ten, and double check if the scene you want to nominate is not from there- http://simsrealityshowcountdowns.blogspot.com/2015/07/june-2015.html

Note: All three entries can not be from the same show/writer in order to create variety. You can have two from the same show, but the third entry must be from another show.

If you want to make a nomination, please fill out this form-

Name of the Scene
    Show of the Scene Was From:
    Episode Link:
    Reasoning:
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    Yeah we were talking about it above Choco. We are just waiting for Jake's decision on what countdown idea to do. Right now we're thinking Best Hosts?
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Yeah we were talking about it above Choco. We are just waiting for Jake's decision on what countdown idea to do. Right now we're thinking Best Hosts?

I am planning on doing that but my prosecution issues are getting in the way.
    BTW, call me Jake.
    Actually I have another idea.

"Top Ten Hustlers In Reality Shows"

In honor of the next season of Survivor, we should do a Top Ten Hustlers list. All of us just nominate three people who would do anything to win reality shows.

How does that sound?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, sounds good
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    Vul, Vul, Vul.... :p
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »

:D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

In honor of the next season of Survivor, we should do a Top Ten Hustlers list. All of us just nominate three people who would do anything to win reality shows.

How does that sound?

Sounds randomly out-of-the-blue tbh. :/
    Banner.png

Jake's subject was 'hustlers', not weirdos. ;P
    Banner.png

Took me awhile to get the joke that you nominated him 3 times. XD

How does that sound?

Isn't this a bit too similar to Top 10 Villains though? We'll just get more of the same... Sidney, Evarrine, etc.
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    We could make Top 10 Anti-Heros, it's like a mixture, we could figure out the heroes whose personality wouldn't fit to a regular hero :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    We could make Top 10 Anti-Heros, it's like a mixture, we could figure out the heroes whose personality wouldn't fit to a regular hero :)

That sounds like an interesting idea indeed. :) Can I nominate Evarrine? ;) pwetty pwease?
    Banner.png

That sounds like an interesting idea indeed. :) Can I nominate Evarrine? ;) pwetty pwease?

How is Evarrine an anti-hero again? Lol
    About the hustlers idea, I literally thought about it today so that is why it seems out of the blue.

I understand that it may be too similar to the villains idea. However, there are two types of villains on reality show- strategic villains and mean villains. People like Dr. Will (From Big Brother) and Tony Vlachos (From Survivor) can be considered more of the "strategic" villains as both of them tend to do whatever it takes to win as they act a bit Affably Evil at times. However, Rachel (From Big Brother) and Abi (From Survivor) acted a bit more as "rude villains" as both of them are mainly around to cause drama on their shows.

You can't really say that Evarrine is a "strategic" villain as her evil queen act makes her more of a rude villain. You can't really make an argument for her to be a hustler.

Also, there is some anti-heroes that can fit the hustler category. I can't really think of any sims on the top of my head but people such as Tai and Cirie from Survivor kinda fit that bill (The former constantly tries to find idols and betrays almost everybody and the latter tends to lead huge blindslides but they are generally sweet people).
    BTW, call me Jake.

That may be thought of a top ten "Anti-Villains" list as well.
    BTW, call me Jake.
    Hmm, I like alot of these new ideas for the countdowns. :)

The Hustlers one i think is very interesting, Not sure i can think of any Hustlers to nominate yet but i like the concept of that one. It also kind of inspires me (Going along with the "borrowed" Survivor theme) to come up with a Brains v Brawn v Beauty season on Brantsteele using reality show sims.

Actually, That has just given me an idea of sorts, Hold on i need to have a think...

Christmas_Banner.png
    (This is just a random idea that does'nt have to be used, Just something i'm writing down while i remember it. Throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks. ;) )

What about one month instead of a countdown, What about a Showdown? Say something like nominating two people and then having us vote on which one would win in a theoretical "Battle"

For example, You could do Evarrine Vs KT (Nothing fully worked out yet, You can change this to be whatever you want)

and then have us write who we think would/should win out of the two and why?

Anyways just a thought. A moment of madness if you will. :D
    Christmas_Banner.png