Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did Graham say the next part was starting in September?

I have no idea what thread to open to find out now :D

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Pack Icon Vote (September 6th– September 8th): Peruse different icons and select the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.
    • Pack Title Vote (September 13th – September 15th): Select a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content.

Those are the last two vote dates Inge.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Is there any word on when it should be released? I'm one of those crazy players who enjoy having a washer and dryer on hand. :p Face it, some house designs just come with a laundry room or nook.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Thanks Writin_Reg :)
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    This project is really starting to ramp up next week. We'll be holding a bunch of design review meetings all week. Now that work on the toddler themed pack is winding down, I can start to throw my attention towards this one and share more soon.

@SimGuruGraham Do some SPs take much longer to plan and make than others? Just curious why sometimes we get several SPs in one quarter and sometimes we only get 1
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    This project is really starting to ramp up next week. We'll be holding a bunch of design review meetings all week. Now that work on the toddler themed pack is winding down, I can start to throw my attention towards this one and share more soon.

Energized +1

Excited for Next Week

I look forward to seeing what comes next in the process!

(From Reading Graham's Post)

^This is the result of me spending a bunch of time in buff creation modding...
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    ...the next part of what? and when was the first part?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    It seems prudent to pick the name first and then an icon. :o I mean, they can end up not matching well or a better name will get passed up because it won't match the icon ect.
    Well we have to do it in the order the team have to agree it with their partners. This is part of the learning process, maybe they always have to have the icon ready for an earlier deadline than the name?
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    > @IngeJones said:
    > Well we have to do it in the order the team have to agree it with their partners. This is part of the learning process, maybe they always have to have the icon ready for an earlier deadline than the name?

When quarter teasers come out they usually have the icon in them but they don't have the name.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »

@SimGuruGraham Do some SPs take much longer to plan and make than others? Just curious why sometimes we get several SPs in one quarter and sometimes we only get 1

This ones just taking so long because its a PR stunt. Graham already has said that it takes like a day or two for them to decide these things.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Why do another voting thing why not just release the eco pack or whatever it is .This is lame
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited August 2017
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    Why do another voting thing why not just release the eco pack or whatever it is .This is lame

The toddler sp has to come first and possibly another sp next quarter.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Not in particular. You can think of pack development in two major chunks... there's Pre-Production, and Production. Please keep in mind that what I'm describing below is specific to Stuff Pack development. Not all of these practices scale up well to larger packs, so adjustments are made in the way they develop things.

Pre-Production is when we're creating all of our concept art, sending mimic objects and CAS assets to be built by external partners, writing designs, and holding meetings to review those designs and our planned implementation. The start time of this phase of the project fluctuates a bit from pack to pack depending on the timeline of those aforementioned partners. Because most of this work doesn't impact the same people that are implementing features in-game, we're able to do pre-production for an upcoming pack at the same time that we're in production on a different pack.

Production is when the various disciplines actually start to work on building the features for the pack in-game, all the way through to going gold - aka, approving our final build candidate. Our production timeline is rigid, and has essentially been the same length since the first Sims 4 Stuff Pack. On rare occasions we'll run into complex issues late in development that necessitate adding time to allow us to make additional bug fixes on the new features included in the pack. Thankfully this doesn't typically impact the ship date of a Stuff Pack, as there's usually a cushion of time between going gold and shipping the game, which we can compact to get us the extra time we need. When this occurs it does have a ripple effect on dates for the next pack though, as we obviously can't move on until we've finished the previous one.

As to the original question... why do some SPs come out so soon after each other, and others have long gaps between them... Quite simply, some Stuff Packs go gold months in advance of their ship date. Kids Room Stuff was the largest gap between finishing a pack and when it actually shipped. We were actually already in production for Vintage Glamour by the time Kids Room shipped. Other Stuff Packs have literally gone gold the week before the pack was released. Our SP team is capable of building four Stuff Packs a year, but our actual release dates are determined by other factors that take our entire pack lineup into consideration. I should reiterate that Stuff Packs are the only type of pack we do this with - Game Packs and Expansion Packs are scheduled such that they ship soon after they're finished.

Only 4 a year?
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Not in particular. You can think of pack development in two major chunks... there's Pre-Production, and Production. Please keep in mind that what I'm describing below is specific to Stuff Pack development. Not all of these practices scale up well to larger packs, so adjustments are made in the way they develop things.

Pre-Production is when we're creating all of our concept art, sending mimic objects and CAS assets to be built by external partners, writing designs, and holding meetings to review those designs and our planned implementation. The start time of this phase of the project fluctuates a bit from pack to pack depending on the timeline of those aforementioned partners. Because most of this work doesn't impact the same people that are implementing features in-game, we're able to do pre-production for an upcoming pack at the same time that we're in production on a different pack.

Production is when the various disciplines actually start to work on building the features for the pack in-game, all the way through to going gold - aka, approving our final build candidate. Our production timeline is rigid, and has essentially been the same length since the first Sims 4 Stuff Pack. On rare occasions we'll run into complex issues late in development that necessitate adding time to allow us to make additional bug fixes on the new features included in the pack. Thankfully this doesn't typically impact the ship date of a Stuff Pack, as there's usually a cushion of time between going gold and shipping the game, which we can compact to get us the extra time we need. When this occurs it does have a ripple effect on dates for the next pack though, as we obviously can't move on until we've finished the previous one.

As to the original question... why do some SPs come out so soon after each other, and others have long gaps between them... Quite simply, some Stuff Packs go gold months in advance of their ship date. Kids Room Stuff was the largest gap between finishing a pack and when it actually shipped. We were actually already in production for Vintage Glamour by the time Kids Room shipped. Other Stuff Packs have literally gone gold the week before the pack was released. Our SP team is capable of building four Stuff Packs a year, but our actual release dates are determined by other factors that take our entire pack lineup into consideration. I should reiterate that Stuff Packs are the only type of pack we do this with - Game Packs and Expansion Packs are scheduled such that they ship soon after they're finished.

Only 4 a year?
    Seems right. TS4 is near its 3 years birthday and if they release another SP before that then they will have released 12 EPs in 3 years which is 4 a year ;)
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Other Stuff Packs have literally gone gold the week before the pack was released.
    Yikes! That's getting it run up almost to the last minute. Was it as anxiety inducing as it sounds?
    It reminds me of doing plays, and the productions that wouldn't "gel" until opening night.

And thanks for another behind the scenes look into the process!

7mQr8Yt.jpg
    Other Stuff Packs have literally gone gold the week before the pack was released.
    Yikes! That's getting it run up almost to the last minute. Was it as anxiety inducing as it sounds?

I think it must have been, I remember a tweet from Graham where he was leaving the building really late one night and various allusions to working really hard.

• skinwantsskinwants Posts: 3 New Member
    The goal is to bring people to justice who have been involved in terrorism,” Mr. Graham said. But he added.

The measure is gaining support in Congress at a time when many lawmakers are demanding greater scrutiny of Washington’s alliance with the kingdom, which for decades has been a cornerstone of American foreign policy in the Middle East and once the subject of little examination on Capitol Hill.He added that the American government now knows more about Saudi Arabia’s historical funding of extremist groups.
    Thanks Skinwants. I am sure Graham will bear that in mind when we choose the pack icon :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member

Toddler stuff pack? :( Third one in a row I won't be getting. Oh, well...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member

Toddler stuff pack? :( Third one in a row I won't be getting. Oh, well...

As we have been given them free I think one of the next packs should have "live in" nurses and nurseries so that those who find them a nuisance can get rid of them for the day, plus prams to wheel them around in.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited August 2017

@SimGuruGraham can you show the 3 new hair styles that come with this pack? (Even if it's concept art)
    a256aFi.gif