Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moonlighting at bars is hard

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
I got an opportunity for earning 1,000 simoleons from moonlighting. I went to Prosper Room Lounge. But my sim keeps finishing his job himself every 2 to 3 secs, and I keep having him do it. And a few mins later, suddenly, NPC mixologist popped up this.

4.png

Why does my sim get this alert? I really don't understand..
And why does my sim keep giving up the moonlighting himself without any reason?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Possibly your sim doesn't have a high enough mixology skill or just isn't making high quality enough drinks to impress the clientele there. Have you tried having him moonlight at a lower class establishment?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited August 2017
    @igazor In my personal guess, it looks like a glitch because my sim completed all the skill journal titles in mixology.

6.png

Also I was using flame fruits and life fruit as ingredients while moonlighting but the celebrity sims just go away and order drinks to other NPC mixologist even though my sim completed master mixologist title. I'm wondering it's supposed to be like this. I'm pretty sure the NPC mixologist can make only excellent quality of drinks but my sim make almost perfect or outstanding ones.

Or I can guess maybe it could be from the high price. NPC mixologist paid over 300 simoleons per a drink of life fruit. Next day, I brought perfect quality of Raspberries, Strawberries, blackberries, Peaches..which are from store stuff. I used them and NPC mixologist didn't say anything. They paid about 120 simoleons with the berries drinks. But there was no celebrity clientele on that day.

My sim currently created about 40 kind of unique drinks but any clienteles, they order only ONE of them. Is that normal too?
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    I owned a bar where there was never a mixologist for some reason, so the family was having trouble completing the "get a drink at" opportunities. I thought I would solve this by having a family member act as the mixologist for the others. This worked well with my level 10 mixologist, who has also spent hours "creating new drinks" but when it came to HIS turn to be served by another level 10 mixologist family member who has NOT created lots of new drinks - up came the messages about her not being good enough to work in that bar. Being a successful mixologist is quite time consuming and yes, you do have to stand over them with a big stick and force them to keep at it or they wander off. Some Sims 3 activities require constant supervision unfortunately.