Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Did you know that you can put things on this giant bookshelf (from the Author career branch)? As you can see, somehow a ham and cheese sandwich ended up there (pink circle).

iOis1w2.jpg

I Could do that with other bookshelves with empty shelves. It's a really cool detail.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    I just started playing, but I didn't know there's a welcome wagon, and from what I can tell, they're sims of similar age. And they stay for a while and hang out too. It's the simple things.......... :wink:
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Did you know that you can put things on this giant bookshelf (from the Author career branch)? As you can see, somehow a ham and cheese sandwich ended up there (pink circle).

iOis1w2.jpg

Sims LOVE to hide their dirty dishes. If there is a spot up high where you can't see it they will find it and exploit it. It's the worst when they find a spot on a wall shelf and you have the walls down and didn't see them doing it so you have no idea it's even there until they start complaining about it later.
    ~ ~ ~
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited August 2017
    3KNPen wrote: »

Sims LOVE to hide their dirty dishes. If there is a spot up high where you can't see it they will find it and exploit it. It's the worst when they find a spot on a wall shelf and you have the walls down and didn't see them doing it so you have no idea it's even there until they start complaining about it later.

Those clear spoiled empty water glasses are the bane of my shelf life existence. Especially when you start using them as architectural features and not shelves hahah
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member

iOis1w2.jpg

It's even worse with half walls. I had a tall half wall separating the bath and shower in my sims' bathroom and for about a sim week they kept complaining about a smell. Then I finally found a spoiled glass of water on the half wall.
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    edited August 2017
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

iOis1w2.jpg

It's even worse with half walls. I had a tall half wall separating the bath and shower in my sims' bathroom and for about a sim week they kept complaining about a smell. Then I finally found a spoiled glass of water on the half wall.

How in the heck does water spoil?
    ... don't answer that....it's a hypothetical question!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

iOis1w2.jpg

How in the heck does water spoil?
    ... don't answer that....it's a hypothetical question!

If left in an open glass it gets full of dust and the occasional drowned fly.
  • SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    Just found out; When your sims make a meal they can give a plate to the toddler. Very neat.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    toddler can talk to themselves in mirrors
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LunaSimmerLunaSimmer Posts: 16 Member
    Children can get the Picky Eater phase and can become completely disgusted by food from the Parenthood game pack. I had no idea this was even possible haha :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    LunaSimmer wrote: »
    Children can get the Picky Eater phase and can become completely disgusted by food from the Parenthood game pack. I had no idea this was even possible haha :D

Hello @LunaSimmer Welcome to the forums! :)
    This is a link to a guide to the phases that kids can go through
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-parenthood-guide/#Phases
  • LunaSimmerLunaSimmer Posts: 16 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > LunaSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > Children can get the Picky Eater phase and can become completely disgusted by food from the Parenthood game pack. I had no idea this was even possible haha :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @LunaSimmer Welcome to the forums! :)
    > This is a link to a guide to the phases that kids can go through
    > https://simsvip.com/sims-4-parenthood-guide/#Phases

Thank you!
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    did anyone else know about sims being able to choose a favourite movie genre (from movie stuff pack)? I just found this out and thought it was cool :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    LunaSimmer wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > LunaSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > Children can get the Picky Eater phase and can become completely disgusted by food from the Parenthood game pack. I had no idea this was even possible haha :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @LunaSimmer Welcome to the forums! :)
    > This is a link to a guide to the phases that kids can go through
    > https://simsvip.com/sims-4-parenthood-guide/#Phases

Thank you!
    You're welcome :)
  • Linds6606Linds6606 Posts: 72 Member
    If your sim is pregnant & there is a doctor (high up in the career I believe) in the household, the doctor can determine the baby's gender. :)
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Did you know, your Sim children can hide their journals? That's pretty cool!
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    When you create a sim in CAS they will almost always have the whim to lock a door. Relatable. Veeeryy relatable.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    When you create a sim in CAS they will almost always have the whim to lock a door. Relatable. Veeeryy relatable.

What do you mean? They don't have whims in create a sim mode.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

What do you mean? They don't have whims in create a sim mode.

@MrMonty96 I think Lyric means that teen Sims get the whim to lock a door once the game started. By the way, all teens do that, not just those created in CAS.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    If you have the GTW EP, the four rarest MySims trophies; Goth Boy, Violet, Zombie Carl and Tobor, can all be found in the alien world of Sixam. It might be old news, but I just discovered this fact myself. I thought I'd share just in case someone else didn't know and has been struggling to find them with your Sim instead of using debug to finish your collection.

Happy Simming and I hope this helps someone! :)
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I didn't know that adults could couch child sims at basketball and swimming. :)
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I didn't know your Sim child can argue with their parent over house rules

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top