Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim can't enter VIP room in dance club

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Hello, my sim has 5 stars but can't enter to the vip room which allows from 2 stars..? I already took all mods out and tried again but the same. So I purchased 'Always on the list' reward but it doesn't work either. Only way I found is my sims can enter after purchasing the lounges, bars and dancing clubs..but I don't want to use money cheat for purchasing all of them. Is there any solution please?

Untitled-7.png

Untitled-8.png

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    How about if you use testingcheatsenabled and a shift-click to enter Build/Buy Mode on the lot and remove or replace the barrier ropes? Sounds like these are faulty.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    How about if you use testingcheatsenabled and a shift-click to enter Build/Buy Mode on the lot and remove or replace the barrier ropes? Sounds like these are faulty.

wow! it worked!! Thanks very much :D
    edited August 2017
    igazor wrote: »

After replacing the bar, my sim was able to enter but I also noticed NON celebrity sim also went through it. So I edited to 'limited' instead of 'everyone' and set the level to 2 stars in build mode, then now my sim can't get out. Enter interaction is inactivated again. Mathew Hamming is also not allowed to get in who is 5 stars in Bridgeport.
    Oh I noticed no bouncer there and now my sims can get in when bouncer got back to the bar. weird.. anyway, thanks.
    Maybe that was the original problem, no bouncer at their station? NRaas Register, if you aren't already using it, should be able to help by pulling them back to their assigned tasks periodically when they happen to wander away.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited August 2017
    @igazor Thanks. I have been using Register mod and it's great but looks like they are stuck on somewhere. Of course, I'm using Overwatch too but it didn't do anything when I found a pianist was stuck in the dark space of an apartment. I reset that sim, then she got back to the dark space in 2 secs, I reset her again, then she reset then back again. I reset her 10 times, she is back there 10 times ... and no alerts from overwatch.. Eventually, I deleted her and the bar got a new pianist from Register.
    edited August 2017
    There can be an issue with Role Sims if you allow them to age, I run into this frequently enough but I hate using SP to stop their aging entirely because that just seems unrealistic. The problem is that if they are due to age up to their next life stage, they need to do that in private. But Register might be trying to pull them into their assigned roles at the same time and they become stuck -- not location stuck, just being pulled in two directions at the same time and thus unable to do anything.

When I find Role Sims not performing and overdue to age up, I either shove their age back down with MasterController or temporarily remove them from their role and maybe assign someone else. If I have no idea who they were in the first place, then yes I might get rid of them (meaing MC to Totally Annihilate them, thus deleting them from the game entirely).

I wish Register would handle this a bit more gracefully, it's kind of on the list to be worked on for a future version.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited August 2017
    @igazor, Ahhh I know what you mean. Not sure she was in aging herself in dark space because young adult can live up to 450 days until adult, and adult has the same lifespan as young adult. I mostly enjoy single plays in my game, so lifespan is always long. It's really hard to see other inactive sims die from old age. :D I rarely see other sim dies from accident and meet the grim reaper. Do you know how to set them free from the rolls temporarily? I don't want to lose the premade roll sims from glitch. :)
    On the role giving object's NRaas > Register menu, there should be a command to remove the assignment of the current Role Sim (and then, optionally, assign a different one). Beware though, if you have SP or Overwatch set to remove/cleanup homeless, the mods might see an unemployed homeless NPC former Role Sim as ready for removal from the game entirely. I always play with those two options off.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited August 2017
    @igazor, thanks :) I don't usually use 'cleanup homeless' in overwatch so it should be ok for me. Is 'Reset Everything' will help this on MC mod? I haven't used this quite for a long time. If it helps, then I want to try this first before removing bugged rolled sims. I found another mixologist and bouncer and they keep jumping out while trying to order food on bar. They are horribly hungry, so I asked my witch sim fill up their stomach with magic but even cast charm interaction keeps disappearing as well. Looks like there are some problems in Bridgeport now.

Or...I may take the mod out which expand opening time of bars and clubs. I feel like the mod takes the rolled sims' resting time.
    edited August 2017
    Definitely try a MC Reset Everything if you are having that many problems that weren't there before. But that really wouldn't fix a sim who is overdue for an age-up. If they are let's say for example 405 sim days old and the end of the YA age span is 400, they will still be five days overdue to age up after the Reset. Those can be tricky to pinpoint and work out.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @iagzor, thanks for helping. I'm going to get the opening time back to normal first, then if it doesn't work, then I will try the reset everything, then if it doesn't work either, then maybe...I can move to New Bridgeport. :)
    I removed the mod for extending opening time and then, reset everything just one time on MC. And then, now there are always bouncers in every building. Thanks for all helping. :)