Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 1 for purchase in Origin

Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member
All simmers like this game, sims "adventure" started 17 years ago from this wonderful game. Some gamers still havent this game, because there arent discks of The Sims 1 in stores. Dear developers, please, add it in Origin for purchase? I am sured that a lot of simmers who hasnt will be happy to buy it. Thanks)

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I honestly don't know why they haven't done it yet. It's already there, they just need to host it on their server, they'll get paid, and lots of players would be happy. It's win-win.

I myself have a physical copy of the Complete Collection, but since it's out of print, copies will probably get scarce as the years go by. I don't play it much these days (it's more of a novelty), but it did bring me a lot of joy in the day, and I'm sure lots of people would care to try it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Le0nard1963Le0nard1963 Posts: 264 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I honestly don't know why they haven't done it yet. It's already there, they just need to host it on their server, they'll get paid, and lots of players would be happy. It's win-win.

I myself have a physical copy of the Complete Collection, but since it's out of print, copies will probably get scarce as the years go by. I don't play it much these days (it's more of a novelty), but it did bring me a lot of joy in the day, and I'm sure lots of people would care to try it.

Ohh if all simmers made a petition...(
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Aaah, The Sims 1 is the shizz!!! I wish I still have the physical copy with me but I think it's with my brother and we're not in good terms with each other now. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    edited July 2017
    i had the basegame of th1, but i don't know where the disk is so i can't play it any more. I would love to see it on origin.
    Guys lets make a petition to developers! If we all try i am sures that they will notice)
  • Marble9Marble9 Posts: 146 Member
    I remember there was a thread here with a lot of simmers' requests to add The Sims 1 on Origin, but they were all ignored. :( I still hope to see the first Sims game in my Origin library.
    bc028f35.png
  • UglierPlacebo69UglierPlacebo69 Posts: 54 Member
    I would love to have the first Sims game available via origin. I have the physical copy of the complete collection, but it would still be nice for access online!
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I would love to see this happen! I still have all of my disks but it's kinda difficult to play now that I have no disk drive :wink:
    They ignore us(
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I am more of a disc person myself. I only have 4 and 2 on origin, mostly because 4 you dont have much of a choice, and when my dad got me a new laptop it didnt have a disc drive so I asked an origin person for the UC. But then like literally 2 days later my dad found this old usb disc thing in a box that for some reason never was unpacked when we moved like 7 years ago so I used that to reinstall all of 3, so 3 isnt on orin for me.
    All that mumbo jumbo aside my point is I would rather the pleasure and experience of installing each individual disc for ts1 than having it on origin.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I bet if they put it on their subscription product, Origin Access as one of the vault games, many simmers would sign up just for the chance to play it!
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited July 2017
    In that case, Aspyr would be encouraged to bring back The Sims Complete Collection for Mac @ $30 on Mac App Store
    In that case, Aspyr would be encouraged to bring back The Sims Complete Collection for Mac @ $30 on Mac App Store

Not only for Mac)
  • suusrasuusra Posts: 2 New Member
    sims 1 works on winsdows 10 #cometoorgin
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    There's a petition here over 7000 sigs, maybe GOG will get the rights and release it. https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/the_sims_complete_collection
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    The game will need to be updated to run on newer operating systems. I still have all of my discs for TS1 and I can only play it on mydesktop and it is storage at the moment.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I tried to install it a couple years ago on a computer running Windows 7 and I could only get the base game to work. Once I installed all the expansions, it wouldn't open. There's a thread somewhere on here with tips on getting it to work with more modern computers, but the few things I tried didn't work.

FreeSO (Free Sims Online) has an online version of The Sims 1 that launched earlier this year. From what I've seen it looks almost exactly like the original Sims 1. The Sims look the same, the buy/build objects look about the same. I think it's multiplayer but if I understand correctly, they're working on getting the original TS disks to work on their FreeSO engine and also working on a single player mobile game that is basically The Sims 1 but for a tablet. I'm not sure exactly how it'll work, but it looks promising.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    You know we are nearing the 20 year mark for The Sims. It would be awesome if they released some sort of special edition as a celebration. Yet in the same token I wouldn't want to buy a game I already had just so it would work on my laptop. Especially seeing how it will play on my lap top.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    I just think about something: It's not just TH1 that i would like to see on origin, but all the other game like Castaway/Urbz/ etc ... All the games that EA seems to forget about, but they were great and would be really welcome by the community.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I just think about something: It's not just TH1 that i would like to see on origin, but all the other game like Castaway/Urbz/ etc ... All the games that EA seems to forget about, but they were great and would be really welcome by the community.

If anyone has a Mac, the Apple App Store sells The Sims Pet Stories, The Sims Castaway Stories, and The Sims Life Stories for $19.99 US dollars, and The Sims 2 Super Collection for $29.99. The Super Collection includes the base game and 9 expansion and stuff packs. They can't include the other packs because of licensing restrictions. They were made available by Aspyr Media who ports Microsoft games to Mac.

Unfortunately, they don't offer The Sims 1. Maybe if enough people requested it, they might.

If anyone has a Mac, the Apple App Store sells The Sims Pet Stories, The Sims Castaway Stories, and The Sims Life Stories for $19.99 US dollars, and The Sims 2 Super Collection for $29.99. The Super Collection includes the base game and 9 expansion and stuff packs. They can't include the other packs because of licensing restrictions. They were made available by Aspyr Media who ports Microsoft games to Mac.

Unfortunately, they don't offer The Sims 1. Maybe if enough people requested it, they might.

That's great for Mac users but i don't have any Mac ^^'
    And a new copy is a bit hard to find. So it would be great for non mac user to still be able to play these game (and add TH1 to the apple store)
  • LoverGal623LoverGal623 Posts: 47 Member
    I recall last time I tried to install my hard discs of TS1 on my laptop (Which is Windows 10 currently, could have been 8 then I don't recall. It was sometime this year.) it wouldn't run. I researched up on it and it was due to TS1 employing safedisk, which newer computers don't have anymore. I think there are cracks to fix this, but I could never find all the ones I needed so I gave up.

Maybe that's why they haven't released an origin complete collection like they did with TS2; there's something in the software of the game that's outdated and doesn't run properly on new systems, and requires third party cracks which they don't support.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I was able to get my ts1 discs to work on windows 8 for about a month then my sims started dissppearing for some reason. Havent tried it on Windows 10.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I still have ts1 on my computer. I might just play it just because I saw this thread.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Actually think this is a fantastic idea...but do what they did for TS2 and make it a complete collection :) and for newer computer systems...I would love to take a trip down memory lane...I do have the games on CD course they don't work on my computer sadly :(