Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Practice making drinks with... interaction

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I'm playing with 2 sims now. One is dad sim and the other one is his young adult son. I'm trying to level up his son's mixology skill at home. I see 'practice making drinks with' interaction on bar. If I use it with his dad sim, will his son's mixology skill be gained faster and will the quality of drinks be higher? His dad sim already mastered it. I googled everywhere but didn't find about this anywhere even in Carl's site and wiki. I'm getting exhausted with having my sims make too many drinks for getting higher quality of drinks. Dad sim completed Poseidon challenge which means I'm sick of making drinks over and over.

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I have no idea what that interaction is for. I've never paid attention to whether the mixology skill is affected or not.

For mixologists in my games I only complete the Master of the Mood skill challenge. That along with the "Better Mixologist" LTR usually is enough for my sims to make perfect mood drinks almost every time. I don't often have them make many unique (or created) drinks though. I find the Better Mixologist LTR to be very helpful for drink quality.

Also have the sim drink a skill gain drink before practicing drinks. And I guess the Fast Learner LTR would help too.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I have no idea what that interaction is for. I've never paid attention to whether the mixology skill is affected or not.

For mixologists in my games I only complete the Master of the Mood skill challenge. That along with the "Better Mixologist" LTR usually is enough for my sims to make perfect mood drinks almost every time. I don't often have them make many unique (or created) drinks though. I find the Better Mixologist LTR to be very helpful for drink quality.

Also have the sim drink a skill gain drink before practicing drinks. And I guess the Fast Learner LTR would help too.

Thanks TreyNutz. :) I'm trying to earn some money from Moonlighting Bar, so I experienced my sim got more customers while moonlighting after completing Master Mixologist which has to serve at least 60 times or more to other sims. This time, I tried to do it and I noticed the skill gets faster with his dad sim. Today, Matthew Hamming visited my home lot and I tried to do 'practice making drinks with Matthew Hamming' and also my sim leveled up to 9 from 8 after maybe..6 to 7 hours. It takes longer if my sim practice alone as I remember. :)

I'm trying to practice the skill without LTR and want to see the maximum quality of drinks he can make without it. Now he mastered the skill and he can make outstanding quality of crazy drinks after completing Poseidon skill journal challenge. Now I'm going to get 'better mixologist' LTR for him. :)