The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meteors Falling Continuously

Some time ago I created the Le Blanc Household. Mother, Madelaine n Father, Peter Wolfe - Young Adults, Phillippi - Male Child, Wisteria - Female Toddler plus two cats, Cassandra Katz, Female and Randolf Calv, Male. I am trying a new world and placed the household in their home in the world.

They were the selected household and I was saddened when I first entered the lot - baby Wisteria was listed in the family tree but was no there. I planned to have the parents visit the graveyard to see if she was there.

Father was at the side of the house, mother and son standing in the front. Suddenly there was a meteor shower! Huge meteors fell, the whole front yard was ablaze, Madelaine and Phillippi were gone, crushed under a gigantic meteor.

I had Peter Wolfe call the fire department. Then I could do nothing but watch. It took over 12 sim hours for the fireman to arrive. By that time, Peter Wolfe had gone to the front, looking for his family. While looking at the killer meteor he was hit by another one. And killed. Poor kitties are now orphans.

This was over 24 sim hours ago and I still can't exit the lot as now the social worker has come to take the orphans. And, in the meantime, a family of one couple and one boy have been drawn to the flames and are dancing around them pointing. As I left the game in the background to come here the woman's skirt had begun to show flames in the back. And the meteors are still falling. Apparently only on this one lot.

i used a house created by another simmer but after all of this is over I will redo it and incorporate the meteors into the landscaping, plus hopefully be able to plant the headstones on the grounds there for potential ghostly activities. Wish I knew the name of the simmer who created the house but if I ever get it done I will upload with a disclaimer that I only redid the wall/floor coverings, furnishings, etc but did not build the original lot.

Comments

• Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    Wow that's a lot of stuff to happen on a new game. Are you in Oasis Landing in the dystopian future? I think meteors rain quite a lot there. If not maybe you got a weird glitch. Try repairing your game if it keeps happening
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Saltysea21 wrote: »
    Wow that's a lot of stuff to happen on a new game. Are you in Oasis Landing in the dystopian future? I think meteors rain quite a lot there. If not maybe you got a weird glitch. Try repairing your game if it keeps happening
    While there is certainly something unusual happening there, Repairing the Game on TS3 only realigns its relationship with Origin, if the player is actually using Origin (many are still on Patch 1.67 which does not have the requirement). Unlike with TS4 and other games, it doesn't actually fix anything about gameplay.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Could the exchange house have a fog emitter set to call meteor strikes? >:)
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    I had something similar happen once.Did one of your sims get a pop-up saying they saw a dark shadow?There is a very small chance that any sim standing outside could randomly get struck by a meteor and any sims standing in the vicinity of this giant meteor will get crushed,even if it wasn't falling directly on them.Even toddlers can get hit if they're close enough to the meteor strike zone.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    And I have to cheat for meteors .__.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Could the exchange house have a fog emitter set to call meteor strikes? >:)

Is this a thing? You can make fog emitters do that?
    @SimKeats From the list of codes you can: meteorshower but I have never played with fog emitters so don't know how it works or how often they would strike.
    A meteor "shower" is an ITF effect. It's not the same thing as a meteor "strike."
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor how about this one? ep2meteorimpact just the visual and not the damage? That would be a bummer.
    @igazor how about this one? ep2meteorimpact just the visual and not the damage? That would be a bummer.
    Not sure, EP2 is certainly Ambitions and not ITF. But generally fog emitters create effects like sounds and things like birds that aren't real, that cannot be interacted with, and won't hurt anyone since the objects they "emit" aren't real. So my guess would be that doesn't really create a meteor scenario except for show but I suppose it's worth trying out to see what happens.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!