Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quarterly teaser: Toddler SP (Late Summer)

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Err...i'm a bit baffled about how some simmers think a stuff pack of clothes specifically for "one" age group could have been in a GP. A gamepack isn't an expansion pack..it has it's limits, and I definitely think CAS is one of them (unless you want a trade cas over gameplay).

Before Parenthood was even released, people said "Gosh I hope they add more stuff for teens and children, since toddlers already came with stuff." (even though technically it was limited) So they did it in that exact way. And what happend? One of the biggest complaints I recall through this forum was the lack of toddler items.

Not to mention if anyone ever peeked into the idea forums and even twitter, the simgurus posted about a possible toddler stuff pack and requested ideas since they couldn't fit everything in one major patch (Jan Patch), let alone a gamepack that was requested to be more focused on children and teen raising.

Soo yeah I'm kinda lost.....I thought everyone knew about that :lol: .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Err...i'm a bit baffled about how some simmers think a stuff pack of clothes specifically for "one" age group could have been in a GP. A gamepack isn't an expansion pack..it has it's limits, and I definitely think CAS is one of them (unless you want a trade cas over gameplay).

Before Parenthood was even released, people said "Gosh I hope they add more stuff for teens and children, since toddlers already came with stuff." (even though technically it was limited) So they did it in that exact way. And what happend? One of the biggest complaints I recall through this forum was the lack of toddler items.

Not to mention if anyone ever peeked into the idea forums and even twitter, the simgurus posted about a possible toddler stuff pack and requested ideas since they couldn't fit everything in one major patch (Jan Patch), let alone a gamepack that was requested to be more focused on children and teen raising.

You looked at a few post and assume every person asked for the same exact thing. I have been one to ask for all life stages to get more through baby - teen Parenting of course ignored babies its what Sims 4 does and gave nothing new in CAS for toddlers when they were most desperate need of more clothing. I find it funny you mention people saying "Gosh I hope they add more stuff for teens and children, since toddlers already came with stuff" everything I have seen has said toddlers are fleshed out and one of the best life stages but they have limited CAS selection and nothing to do outside of the home.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited July 2017
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

You looked at a few post and assume every person asked for the same exact thing. I have been one to ask for all life stages to get more through baby - teen Parenting of course ignored babies its what Sims 4 does and gave nothing new in CAS for toddlers when they were most desperate need of more clothing. I find it funny you mention people saying "Gosh I hope they add more stuff for teens and children, since toddlers already came with stuff" everything I have seen has said toddlers are fleshed out and one of the best life stages but they have limited CAS selection and nothing to do outside of the home.

I think your kinda doing the same. As I said in my first post, I'm addressing the "some" that felt like Parenhood could have been filled to the brim with toddler content plus child and teen content. Like you, I was also asking for more items in general...heck I made a giant idea thread for a generations that could've added to all lifestages. Two, for the "i'm baffled that no one saw this coming" It's like pets, i'm not a fan of it, but I know it's coming because it completes the game for some simmers. As you said at the bottom of your statement simmers have asked for more things to do for toddlers, which is what I meant...not sure what you assumed I meant. Where on earth did I say "every" person asked for the same thing? Unless they do a full Generations EP (which as much as I'd wish for it seems unlikely) this would probably be the best way to fill the CAS/items for lifestages content. So I wouldn't be surprised if a teen or elder pack comes out one day (i'd look forward to that one as well).

The next bold was pretty much answered what I said. As fleshed out and lovable as the pack was (like seriously it's by far my favorite pack), they couldn't cater to all lifestages especially in CAS. Since technically that wasn't it's theme.

I think you assumed too quickly in what I meant. Never did I say they weren't fleshed out. But the CAS and things to do were lacking which adds on to their all-around experience. Parenthood gave a lot of awesome features (imo) that really made the teen and child stages more enjoyable. For toddlers, minus doll houses, tablet, and the paint floor and a bite interaction there isn't exactly much.Which imo makes thisstuff pack for another "some", kinda complete.

So ofcourse not everyone is going to "want" or "ask" for the same thing, I don't think we ever will lol. Simmers have been through this for 3 years, I think at this point I see it as if we're all kids waiting to tell Santa what we want for Christmas. Some get the gifts they've been waiting forever to get, other times another half has to sit and wait. Regardless of what simmers have wanted I think a good middle half has pretty much 'wanted' something or waited for something. Why on earth would a SP be any different?

Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2017
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Unless and until EA does something about the baby objects (#FreeTheBabies), we're not going to see much more for them. Depending when they started working on Parenthood (ie: if it was in development prior to toddlers being patched in), they may have been limited in what they could add for toddlers and they were more interested in adding the interactions (toddlers making a mess, etc.) rather than adding "stuff" especially if the Toddler SP was also in development (remembering @SimGuruSarah thread asking for ideas for additional items toddlers need post-release). We did get a couple of new outfits for toddlers (the long pant overalls and I think a hoodie outfit) so toddlers weren't completely left out in the CAS department.

I also would like to see more activities (including skill activities) for toddlers, especially outdoor type activities because there's really nothing for them to do outdoors unless you stick some blocks and toys on a patch of sand and imagine it's a sandbox. :|
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)