Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1 Job rest days?

siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
OK I decided to play the Sims 1 for nostalgic reasons after about 13 years. The one thing I noticed in Sims 1, is that there are no off days for Sims to rest when they start a career?

Can anyone clarify? Sims 3 and 4 has rest days but what about in Sims 1? I can't seem to remember. Thanks!

Comments

• siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
    Yes, I found the answer at last. It is here: https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/193984-the-sims/faqs/7484

Q: Do Sim's ever get a day off of work or school (like a weekend or
    holiday)?

A: Nope. Your Sim's will have to work everyday without even one day
    off. You could get them a day off but too many times will cost you your
    job.
  • wastewaterwastewater Posts: 13 New Member
    Purchase a gnome making table and gain all the mechanical skills. Then your sim can make gnomes when they want and earn 100 dollars an gnome. No more working every day and just work when you want.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    You know, I never noticed that or thought it was odd back in the ts1 days. Now our sims are spoiled :p
  • sawgrass770sawgrass770 Posts: 258 Member
    I think kids didn't get weekends off from school either.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, days of the week didn't exist in Sims 1. You can have them skip work for a day, but two days in a row and they're fired. I found out the hard way when I was a kid.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Oh wow lol I seriously can't remember ever noticing this either back in the days :D Isn't it weird though to play TS1 again? I still go back to TS2 every now and again because I remember I liked it a lot more than TS1 from the first second I laid eyes on it, but I've never really felt an itch to play TS1 again now after all these years (and with 2,3 and 4 being available to me). Does it still feel just as fun? I'm really curious now :D
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Well, as a PlayStation peasant I had to live a bit longer with the system of 'no weekdays' just every day the same over and over again :) it's pretty tough though! I love being back in Sims 1, but yes we have gotten spoiled over the years! Sims 1 was actually a tough game to play.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2017
    You can actually skip work every second day without losing the job :D
    That's how I've managed to let my sims have a few days off here and there.
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Shan wrote: »
    You can actually skip work every second day without losing the job :D
    That's how I've managed to let my sims have a few days off here and there.

Yeah but once their mood got really bad you barely had enough with that 1 day off haha!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I had a something called the magic fruit cake. When your sims ate it would max the needs of everyone in the house. So I would build a small room with no doors or windows, make and place a sim I would never play in that room and all that sim did was stand there eating the dang fruit cake....lol

I have to agree out of all the games in the series, TS1 was the hardest of them all.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • siva20092403siva20092403 Posts: 631 Member
    I had a something called the magic fruit cake. When your sims ate it would max the needs of everyone in the house. So I would build a small room with no doors or windows, make and place a sim I would never play in that room and all that sim did was stand there eating the dang fruit cake....lol

I have to agree out of all the games in the series, TS1 was the hardest of them all.

Is there any way to download this fruit cake?
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    > @siva20092403 said:
    > GoddessSims wrote: »
    >
    > I had a something called the magic fruit cake. When your sims ate it would max the needs of everyone in the house. So I would build a small room with no doors or windows, make and place a sim I would never play in that room and all that sim did was stand there eating the dang fruit cake....lol
    >
    > I have to agree out of all the games in the series, TS1 was the hardest of them all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is there any way to download this fruit cake?

maybe there?
    simblesseoblige.com