Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds not showing in game

I have spent a small fortune on sims content i have purchased all of the worlds. I install them into my game but when i go into the game to play they are not there even tho the game launcher says they were installed. This only started when Origin did their big update and changed everything.

Comments

• SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    You could try:

1) Maybe you should try reinstall the worlds into your game, it might wake things up.
    2) Uninstalling your game and patch manually to the level you want it, you can get patches from Simsvip. Just remember turn of automatic
    updates, maybe cut yourself off from the internet while setting yourself up. I only patched to 1.63, as far as bugs goes you don't have to go further. I believe 1.66 is safe but 1.69 is the problem patch. I also backed up the patches so I don't have to download again.
    3) I know that EA did release some of the worlds on DVD but I'm assuming that you downloaded them in sim3pack form & installed through the launcher. You could try installing the package route. The problem being store stuff you are going to have to decrap it. & It feels like a lot of S3 sites have fallen away now so I don't know if it is even possible to find the stuff you need to do so.
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Installing_Worlds_Without_The_Launcher.

If this is a patch problem I'd try 1 & 2 first. I'm only mentioning 3 in case it is a launcher issue, like me where it just randomly finds some error & crashes & you going to have to learn to bypass it.
  • kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    Thanks for your input. I never had this problem until windows 10. Sims 3 always worked good on 7 & 8. I don't have unlimited internet i have all my games on Origin I live in a rural area. I am going to start downloading tonight and should be finished by say Sunday. And i did go into Origin and turn off game updates.
  • Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    Also you could try repairing your game see if that works. You've probably got it figured out by now though :p
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.