Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmer Vs Simmer *Scoring up, New Round, Deadline April 15th

12345679...Next

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @LadyEmillye

Quick question, will we have a future chance to add in a powder room on the main floor or should I sneak it in on this round? :mrgreen: It kind of is directly off the hallway, so if it isn't accounted for later I'll try to add it now.

Other than that, should have the pictures up in a couple days. (Which I know there's only a week left, but was swamped this weekend and didn't get it together yet.)
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Maybe ;) but no sneaky sneaky stuff lol. Sounds good.
    edited April 2017
    @LadyEmillye Even though I broke the rule about the stairs, your other rules I think really helped push this a little further than I might have done otherwise! :)

Here is my entry for the front rooms and hallways:

The entry walls to either side were removed to make it feel more open, and pillars were added instead to help define the space. Obviously with the stairs moved, instead the entry opens onto the front hallway which connects to the guest closet, and the stairs down.

There is a wall half way back to separate the front entertaining areas from the back family areas. The back hall has the back door area with kids coat/stuff racks, a bench for putting on shoes, and the archway into the kitchen.

The living has a fireplace and grand piano, as well as elegant decor for fine entertaining.

The upstairs hall has a linen niche and a curio shelf.

Entry, Front Room
    1%20Overview%20Entry-Living_zpso255l3du.jpg

Entry
    Entry%201_zpsbushsouv.jpg

Front Room
    Living%201_zpsw2akouzn.jpg
    Living%202_zpsfeqtdnn4.jpg
    Living%203_zpsgguculsr.jpg
    Living%204_zpsgxefhxaw.jpg

Front/Back hallways, stairs down
    1%20Overview%20Halls_zpss0q7rfqg.jpg

Front Hall
    FrontHall%201_zpsrlj6ulfl.jpg
    FrontHall%202_zpsl4nkl3fo.jpg
    FrontHall%203_zpsz5iemzqj.jpg

Stairs Down
    StairsDown%202_zps1lhcglhg.jpg
    StairsDown%203_zpsrnzjte9t.jpg
    StairsDown_zpsgdgco8qb.jpg

Back Hall
    BackHall%201_zps46ityhpd.jpg
    BackHall%202_zpsebyajaa7.jpg
    BackHall%203_zpsyujbw00u.jpg

Upstairs Hall
    1%20Overview%20UpstairsHall_zpst8r3hppr.jpg

UpperHall%201_zpshyuqjivy.jpg
    UpperHall%202_zpsvpqrfh3a.jpg
    UpperHall%203_zps23684cqv.jpg

Budget
    Beginning budget was same as ending from last round, leaving me $172 under budget
    Budget_zpsudbj7d8u.jpg
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
    So first time was a misunderstanding . .I get it, it happens.

@creativemetaphor
    @LadyEmillye

will we have a future chance to add in a powder room on the main floor or should I sneak it in on this round? :mrgreen: It kind of is directly off the hallway, so if it isn't accounted for later I'll try to add it now.
    Maybe ;) but no sneaky sneaky stuff lol. Sounds good.

I think I was pretty clear, so you have a choice.

You can either forfeit this round and when we do the bathrooms/?? room

or

You can redo your design that does NOT include a bathroom with a week to do it. Don't have to move the walls again, but that bathroom can't stay.

Going forward, any rules broken will result in a forfeit for that round.
    @LadyEmillye I am happy to take the bathroom out, that would put me back under budget so that's only a good thing for me.

But I'm afraid you were not pretty clear that what I was asking was not allowed. To me, the 'sounds good' meant, what I had just said - that I'd add it this round if it wasn't accounted for later - sounded good to you. "No bathroom this round" would have been a much clearer answer and leave no room for misunderstanding.

We can only go by what is written, and what may be clear to you is not always coming across to your contestants. We are not looking to deliberately break your rules, we are trying to work within them to the extent we understand them.
    @LadyEmillye I am happy to take the bathroom out, that would put me back under budget so that's only a good thing for me.

But I'm afraid you were not pretty clear that what I was asking was not allowed. To me, the 'sounds good' meant, what I had just said - that I'd add it this round if it wasn't accounted for later - sounded good to you. "No bathroom this round" would have been a much clearer answer and leave no room for misunderstanding.

We can only go by what is written, and what may be clear to you is not always coming across to your contestants. We are not looking to deliberately break your rules, we are trying to work within them to the extent we understand them.

If you felt I was not clear by my answer then why didn't you ask for further clarification?? Because you only touched upon the sounds good. I was answering you based on: Will there be a powder room? Maybe ;) Can I add the powder room now, I'll go ahead and add it if it won't be? No Sneaky sneaky stuff. Pictures will be up later. Sounds good.

I am not looking to fight about this, but the rounds are designed to work with the rooms you have been given and anything outside of that is off limits.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Beautiful renovation @creativemetaphor. I love the ceilings and the Asian theme you went with. Awesome job!
    @LadyEmillye My entry has been updated.

@aricarai thank you, I always try to remember to do the ceilings, and this one lent itself so well to something more interesting than white or free wood. :)
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @creativemetaphor I just think it's so fun to look at your renovation; it makes me smile. I love the Asian theme as well. I remember seeing a slight Asian touch to your kitchen, so it's nice to see the theme kind of echo throughout the rest of the house (or at least the part you've already renovated).
    I also had no idea you could put floortiles on the ceiling! :lol: The thought never hit me to try since I rarely see it when I play with my sims.

Question about the black screenshots (just realised this might be moot point since you seemed to have edited that out): Do you take these in windowed or fullscreen mode? I was just wondering since I remember that I was so frustrated when I couldn't take non-ingame screenshots without them turning completely black in fullscreen mode, but then I realised that it worked perfectly fine in windowed mode (except you get those ugly window-borders in your screenshot). I don't know if you've tried doing this in windowed mode already already, but if you haven't, well... I mean there's no harm in trying, right? :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen TACK SA MYCKET!! I'm sure that's it! I switched to full-screen mode, didn't even think about that having an effect! I was ripping my hair out over this. :lol:

(Yes, still missing the little circle over the a. Sorry o:) )
    This will be on hold while my laptop is in the shop so this round will remain open.
    Got my computer back, however, I currently have the flu, so the round will stay open until Sunday/Monday
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Oh sorry, I just don't have time right now. Real life is crazy.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @LadyEmillye: I'm assuming this is closed now? I think I've got 250 pts banked - can you hit me with a few things off my WL, please? :mrgreen:
    Gifted! Enjoy!