Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 problems after update ''Windows 10 creator''

Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
I don't know what to do... The problem is not my PC. Since I installed the update ''Windows 10 creator'' I have problem in the launch of TS3 and the lights... I repaired the game and update the game. Please help me...
Lu4ERme.gif
Post edited by Jordan061102 on

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    When I leave the game, the page Origin is not like I put before...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Anybody can help me? :(
    Lu4ERme.gif
    @rosemow ? (Sorry for post but I really need help...)
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    @rosemow ? (Sorry for post but I really need help...)

Hello,
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :(
    When the Sims 3 Tech help simmers come onto the forums they will assist you.
    edited July 2017
    Alright...Thank you... :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Yes, we can help but not if you are going to post every five minutes about it while waiting for one of us to arrive on the forum board. :)

We need a tech responder who has more direct experience with Win 10 and the Creator Update to assist. Paging @Dusty_Boots. But in the meantime, here is a thread where she recently helped a player out with something similar.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15848939/#Comment_15848939
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Thank you @Igazor , I could fix one of the problem, it rest just one problem. When I leave the game the page origin is little and I everytime have to enlarge. It's just annoying me but it's not a big problem. Again thank's.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Wish I could be of more help directly, but Dusty should be able to provide further guidance when she sees this thread. We're all in different time zones here, it could be the middle of the night for her right now or she may be busy offline. Others with experience here might also respond. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yes I can understand because in my country it's 23:49. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • mollymegan82mollymegan82 Posts: 703 Member
    ok I "think" I'm having the same problem my computer did the update last night and everytime I start my game it shuts down and says sims 3 has stoped working>>>>I'm assuming that this is the same issue?? I'm not at all tech savy :blush:

so what I am asking is this the same problem as what jordan061102 asked??
    edited July 2017
    On a certain level, this should be simple. If the game worked before the Win 10 Creator Update and now does not, then the Win 10 Creator Update is causing the problem and should be removed.

Unfortunately I am sure that Microsoft does not make it all that simple, especially for the Home version users (Pro is likely more flexible in this regard). This is where it hurts not having access to a Win 10 machine in that I can't see what others are experiencing when something new like this comes along. We really need to wait for a tech responder with Win 10 and Creator Update experience to comment here.

In the meantime though, perhaps check out the EA Answers HQ board. Likely others are experiencing this as well and help from that source might be available.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3

Also paging a Sim Guru.
    @Nichaedemus
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    @Jordan061102

First, make sure that you've disabled any potential negative effects of that Creator Update. There's 4 effective steps that I'm currently aware of:

1 & 2: Disable Game Mode & the Game Bar. This guide shows how/where to access them:
    Windows 10: Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10

3: Make sure to tick the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" option in the Compatibility Tab of the game's exe, click Apply, then OK.

4: Disable Night Light if you're having negative visual effects such brightness, gamma ramping, color profiles, etc.
    How to Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10

*This Creator Update can override custom graphics settings. The absolute most important one to check is your in-game FPS. TS3 has no native fps limiter so everyone should see to this regardless of the Update. Too high an FPS and your graphics card suffers a lot of unnecessary wear & tear.
    Thank you @Igazor , I could fix one of the problem, it rest just one problem. When I leave the game the page origin is little and I everytime have to enlarge. It's just annoying me but it's not a big problem. Again thank's.

It sounds like it could be some effect of Microsoft's extensive & ongoing changes in DPI Scaling API handling. They continue to improve it but not all of the changes are working well out of the box. Make sure to set yours to 100% after you disable the new Creator Game Mode effects. I use Option # 1:

Windows 10: Change DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10
    ok I "think" I'm having the same problem my computer did the update last night and everytime I start my game it shuts down and says sims 3 has stoped working>>>>I'm assuming that this is the same issue?? I'm not at all tech savy :blush:

so what I am asking is this the same problem as what jordan061102 asked??

As igazor said, if the issue(s) began immediately after installing the Creator Update then sure, that's very likely the cause. You can follow the same advice I gave to Jordan above. There's no harm in it and its easily reversed.
    Thank you so much @Dusty_Boots ! :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Thank you so much @Dusty_Boots ! :smile:

You are completely welcome and I hope that takes care of it. Microsoft is making many frequent changes to Windows 10 so problems can change, appear, or disappear entirely, overnight.
    I'm sorry to sound dim....but I need to have my "hand held" through this... :( ok steps 1&2 to turn off game mode I hit the windows +G and it will pop up...first question do I need to be in game to have this work cause when I hit those keys and I hit the gear the option for disableing game mode does not show up. I would post a pic of what I see but again....not tech savy
    another thing when I go to settings and click on that I don't even have a "gaming" option?? is there some reason I am missing that?
  • Vgrace573Vgrace573 Posts: 29 Member
    My game wont load either. New computer and had trouble downloading games. Once that was cleared up launcher issues started. Launcher pops up but try to install my downloaded store stuff even one at a time it stalls with message "sims 3 has stopped working". Try to load game and it goes all the way through the animations and
    little movie and stops about a quarter inch into load screen with same message.
    Turned off "Game Mode", game bar and clicked disable fullscreen optimizations. Restarted computer. Same problem.
    Asked game to troubleshoot and it came up with a compatibility issue. Namely The Sims3 launcher.
    Going nuts here. Message seems to have been deleted over at ahq maybe because I mentioned having the same issue with another game that is not supported by Origin. Won't make the mistake of mentioning by name just saying that its more widespread than just the sims.
    Any suggestions?
    @Vgrace573 - Hi there. Sorry you're having such issues. I think we need to start with a dxdiag report here, the only things we know about your computer thus far are that it's new and is running Win 10 but we need more of the full picture than that.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

The full report would be far too long to paste into one response here, you would have to do that into several by sections or use pastebin.com and provide a (broken up) link for us to follow. The free version of pastebin is fine, no need to create an account there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Dao_TuiDao_Tui Posts: 8 New Member
    Seems i'm not the only one.
    I never used mods or anything.. only downloaded content from the sims3 store.
    But yes, on a windows 10 laptop. Thank goodness i still have my windows 7 computer.
    I'm totally not good with technical stuff... :p so i'm not even going to try XD I am waaaaay to nervous and unsure about everything. And i'm Dutch.. and my pc and laptop are installed in Dutch. Therefor it's hard for me to find everything said here in English :') I'm a goofball XD hahahhah