Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LIVING IN SPACE = changed from rags to riches.

EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
I just started the Rags to Riches challenge, anyone playing it. How do you like it and have you made it to $100,000 or at least to $500,000
are you still playing.
Post edited by Evalen on

Comments

• Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    I play a rags to riches legacy at the moment (link in my signature). I keep getting distracted from making serious money though haha! I also gave myself the rule that my heirs cant have rabbit hole jobs so I actively have to work for the money which makes it more challenging but also a lot more fun. Just recently my founder found some plutonium or something that sounds similar to that and she got 38k for it after sending it to get melted so that was a nice boost. I think I'm around 150k atm if I include the value of the house. Having a lot of fun with it!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I need to finish the current challenge I'm doing. :# But it sounds/looks fun everytime I see someone playing it.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JoshuaSims0JoshuaSims0 Posts: 207 Member
    Whats rags to riches...
    (Sorry i don't watch sim tubers!)
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I just did the castaway challenge in IP which was essentially a rags to riches. All I could sell for money was produce from gardening, fish and shells. With diving, the fish and shells can be real money earners, so in four sim weeks I have completed the challenge and my LTW of diving master with 75,000 simoleans now in hand. Since i wasn't allowed to sell any of the gems or minerals I found, I probably have over 250,000 simoleans in moonstones, sunstones and plutonium.

Mary Ann has finally discovered civilization and is planing to go on to Uni now. But Gilligan might be homeless...
    Whats rags to riches...
    (Sorry i don't watch sim tubers!)

Rags to Riches means you start out with a sim that has 0 simoleons and an empty lot and you have to get your legacy as rich as possible within a certain amount of generations. There are lots of variations on it with different rules to follow. Here's info about the version I'm currently doing myself, I wrote it in a nice introduction with a link to the original challenge maker as well: https://simnovels.tumblr.com/post/162709537374/introduction
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I haven't done rags to riches, but I'm making preparations to start this one - Doomsday Challenge - Pt.1
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited July 2017
    @Pary The doomsday challenge is a lot of fun!! I did it before, I think I did a variation where you get a list of unlockable things you are not allowed to do until you unlock them and you have to do this by completing a LTW with heirs/spares/spouses. It was a simplified version of the one you linked because that one is super complicated haha. I might start a challenge like that again soon.

edit: this is the one I played: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/?topic=6658.0
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2017
    I am having so much fun with this challenge, I have changed some of the rules, so I listed them here, sorry if it is long
    I like playing this way

1- You must start as a teen boy or girl (I always start with a boy) you can add another teen not related with you now or later. You must play that you age up.

2 - You must start on a empty lot, You must payback the money that the lot cost. After you have set your money to 0. You can buy things before you pay it back, but you must pay it back, before you can ever Marry or build a house. You must payback the money before you can build or buy a house. You can use any world you want. You cannot live off your property and stay in the Gym, firehouse or other facility. You must live on your land. You can visit these properties and use what ever is there, but you cannot sleep or stay there.

3 - When you have the money you can buy a tent or sleeping bag, you can only add a toilet or shower if you have a out house built.

4 - You can only buy if you have the money, You cannot buy food at a eating place until you are an Adult. You can eat at parks BBQ,
    left overs only, or if you visit a Gym and it has free food only. You can also shower at the Gym, YOU CANNOT GO INTO ANYONES HOUSE TO EAT, SHOWER OR RELEAVE YOURSELF, IN FACT AS A TEEN YOU CANNOT GO INTO ANYONES HOUSE AT ALL. If you are an Adult you can visit other sims homes. but you cannot eat, shower in their home, even if you do not have any money.

5- You cannot buy a house until you are a Adult and have enough money

6 - Your only transportation is a bike, until you are an Adult, you can then buy a car if you have the money

7 - NO MONEY CHEAT TO GET MONEY, YOU can only use money cheat to deduct money

8 - You CANOT WORK OR HAVE A JOB or CAREE EVER, even as an Adult.

9- You can make money by Painting, Writing, Dumpster Diving, Fishing, collecting anything, diving etc. If you are an Adult you can open your own business, like art store, furniture store, any kind of businsee. if you have the money to do so, You can also buy a business if you are an Adult and have the money to do so.

10 You can Marry when you are an adult, but must have at least a 1 bedroom house with kit/liv and bath.

11- You can only have 1 child Boy or girl, each generation can only have one child preferably a boy to keep the name going, you can not move any sim in you house, family or non family ever. You must have 2 bedrooms before you have a child.

12 - When your child grows up he/she must remain in the family home even if they get married. If the married child gets married, they cannot have a child unless you have 3 bedrooms, to make sure there is a bedroom for grandparents, Everyone lives together at all times.

13 - You can visit other worlds if you are an Adult and have the money, Teens, children can only visit other worlds a Mother of Father Adult. All rules apply when visiting other worlds.

14 - You may change commercial lots anyway you want. remove or put in new lots.

15 - You cannot buy plants or seed, you can only find them on the ground. you can plant fruit and veggies that you find on bushes and trees. Teens can plant a garden as well as Adults.

16 - You will play this way until you have $100.000 or $500.000

Well this is just the way I am playing and it is fun. You can make your own rules if you want.

edited July 2017
    When you move in as a teen you must have an Adult with you. You must get rid of the adult, you cannot live with an adult as a teen in this challenge. I hate to say it, but I just box him in a 2x1 and he dies. I hate it but I do not know of another way to get rid of him.
    Evalen wrote: »
    When you move in as a teen you must have an Adult with you. You must get rid of the adult, you cannot live with an adult as a teen in this challenge. I hate to say it, but I just box him in a 2x1 and he dies. I hate it but I do not know of another way to get rid of him.

Yeah I just started with a YA because even though I love teens, when you are totally focused on getting money instead of awesome teen stuff you can do, I don't see the point in having them start as teens. I guess it makes it a little harder, but for me since my founder started off by collecting stuff to make money it didn't make that much of a difference at all to start with either a teen or a YA.
    @Namaya92 yea, I know what you mean, I like playing with the teens. My teen has a teen girl who is with him on this journey, hope that they marry when old enough, It is a little harder with teens. but I kind of like it. It does not matter, its too your own choosing as to what you prefer. A lot of people do not like teens and would rather start with an adult. it is like some like toddlers and some do not.
    I am hoping that my teens have enough money to be in a house before winter sets in. It is nearing fall now. Hope they make it. Might be kind of cold sleeping in a tent and eating outside on a pit fire in the winter. Will wait and see. They will have to be really busy to make money.
    Here are my sims who I am playing Rags to Riches with.
    r03wco.jpg
    2wfjl2f.jpg
    Here is a little of their story.
    Dewey Dexter was an orphan and no one ever knew who his parents were. At sixteen he ran away because the older kids teased and bullied him. Mary Ann Harley's Mother passed away and she was living with her Step Father, her real father died before she was born. Her Sept Father drank a lot so she ran away

Dewey saw her in the park, but she was very shy and scared. She had a hard time finding food, so Dewey started sharing his with her. She wouldn't talk but Dewey understood, He offered her to stay at his place as he had a tent, but she refused. One day he saw some kids teasing and bulling her, He fought them away and again asked her to stay with him, She agreed reluctantly but went to stay with him.
    They became very fond of each other. They had a lot in common, they both liked to paint, loved the outdoors.

So here we are.
    Winter is quickly approaching and I am not sure how they will make it without shelter.
    So here is the question.
    My rules say you cannot marry until you build a house with a bedroom, bath and Kitchen and living room. The town will not let teens build or buy a house.
    Now they are still teens.
    So should I let them build a shelter, like one room with nothing in it but what they have.

You VOTE
    No - let them stay outside in the tent
    Yes, build them a shelter.

I will take votes until winter, 4 sim days left.
    Please vote.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    I already love those two. As for the voting... I'd grant them a very basic shack, made out of a few planks (no beds, just sleeping bags). Also because it improves gameplay (a tent being a rabbithole). So I vote yes ;)

(hope you'll continue with updating here!)
    5JZ57S6.png
    In the rags to riches challenge i play you are allowed to build a house as long as you paid off the 'loan' for the land you purchased (so if you bought a lot for 1800 simoleons u need to make 1800 simoleons and then reset ur family fund to 0 first). The house needs to have some basics before your sims can move into it though: a sink, a light, a fridge, a bed, a shower, walls, a door and at least one window. So since winter is approaching for you I thought this might be a good alternative for you instead of the tent, while still having some rules attached to it to keep it a challenge ;). So yeah I vote for the shack!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I vote for the shack too. Great challenge rules.
    My sims are going to love the 3 votes for the shack so far. I think the sleeping bags do make for better play then the tent. keep votes coming
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I vote for the shack also. I have the banking and home school (I can't stand my Sims not being in school. They use the library) Nraas mods. :D
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
    @Meela_Pasht Thanks for your vote, glad you are having fun. Home schooling sounds like fun.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    No- stick with your rules. =]
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I vote for a shack too. I played a homeless teen once and built a small shed for him. It only had a garage door and was just large enough for a bed and I think a desk he dug out of a dumpster. Bathroom facilities were outside. He didn't have a tent, just a sleeping bag. I would have stuck with the sleeping bag but it took too long to replenish his energy with that. He made money from upgrading objects at community lots (NRaas Careers mod and one of its modules required for that).
    edited July 2017
    Well looks like we got a NO, my sims cringed when I told them they had a No. thanks everyone, let the votes come. I might have to go with sleeping bags unless they find some beds. :)

So far

1 no
    5 yes
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Lol~ Yeah I did. XD
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Well looks like we got a NO, my sims cringed when I told them they had a No. thanks everyone, let the votes come. I might have to go with sleeping bags unless they find some beds. :)

So far

1 no
    5 yes

I've gotten beds from dumpster diving before. I also had my homeless sim sleep at the fire station a few nights.
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Lol~ Yeah I did. XD

Yea, you did it, and you make me laugh.
    TreyNutz wrote: »

So far

1 no
    5 yes

I've gotten beds from dumpster diving before. I also had my homeless sim sleep at the fire station a few nights.

I am trying the dumpsters to see if they can find any beds also, if not it will have to be the sleeping bags until they find some.