Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So my mermaid sim's favorite food is Sushi

Does that count as cannibalism?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    no, fish eat other fish all the time.
    (sorry if my serious tone ruined the lightheartedness of the topic :))
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    no, fish eat other fish all the time.
    (sorry if my serious tone ruined the lightheartedness of the topic :))

XD
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    mermaids can eat raw fish...
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    As long as they don't eat another mermaid they're fine :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Mersims aren't even fish anyway, they're warm-blooded aquatic humanoid mammals.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    A similar question is sometimes raised about Plant Sims eating salads or fruits/veggies. And my answer in that case would still be no, as long as they aren't eating other Plant Sims. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    But I thought Plant Sims have cauliflower for brains, so if they eat cauliflower that means they are zombie Plant Sims. Is that why there are no cauliflower seeds to be found?

Mermaids eat porpoises. Porpoises are a group of fully aquatic marine mammals that are sometimes referred to as mereswine. Fish bacon.
  • RealBamahiRealBamahi Posts: 24 Member
    Maybe it is lol
    Welcome to my Virtual Wonderland!
    -
    Follow my journey

Youtube
    Instagram
    Twitter
    edited July 2017
    But I thought Plant Sims have cauliflower for brains, so if they eat cauliflower that means they are zombie Plant Sims. Is that why there are no cauliflower seeds to be found?
    Where are you getting this information from?

Mermaids eat porpoises. Porpoises are a group of fully aquatic marine mammals that are sometimes referred to as mereswine. Fish bacon.
    But the point is that mermaids are not porpoises and porpoises are not humanoid. Humans are land mammals and many eat other land mammals as well. I am not one of them, or at least try not to be, but would never go around pointing fingers at those eating a hamburger and call them cannibals unless I want to be laughed at or get an eventual punch in the nose as a result. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor Every kid knows cauliflower is plant brains. Just look at it! It stands to reason that plant sims have plant brains. Duh! ;)

And according to Douglas Adams, porpoises are more intelligent than any other being on Earth, so I have my opinions about those merpeoples... :/
    @igazor Every kid knows cauliflower is plant brains. Just look at it! It stands to reason that plant sims have plant brains.
    "That's very clever sonny boy/young lady, but you still don't get any dessert until you finish your plant brains...er, I mean veggies." :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Mersims are ostensibly a sub species of humans, as they can reproduce with non-mersim humans.
    And cannibalism is eating of one's own species.
    As long as they aren't eating some sort of human, it isn't cannibalism.
    Enjoy!

Mersims aren't even fish anyway, they're warm-blooded aquatic humanoid mammals.
    Lol, I've always wondered about that tbh :D Like how are their kids born? Can they breast feed? Do they have a navel? Do they have lungs and gills, or just lungs that work like a cachalot's and a sea lion's :blush:
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited July 2017

Wowowow, my plantsim family will strongly deny that and take offense :D:p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Mersims are ostensibly a sub species of humans, as they can reproduce with non-mersim humans.
    And cannibalism is eating of one's own species.
    As long as they aren't eating some sort of human, it isn't cannibalism.

But PlantSims are also some sort of human. And they are basically consisting mostly of plant. So if we just say PlantSim = plant, then this means that vegetarian mermaids are just picky cannibals.

PlantSims need to be careful when they're around water. You never know if there isn't a vegetarian mermaid lurking in the water, looking out for naive PlantSims entering their territory. When one does, the mermaid shoots towards their stalks feet and pulls them into their ocean cave, where the PlantSim is then eaten.
    Another piece of evidence: Ever noticed how beaches are devoid of any plant life? Yeah, think about it.
    edited July 2017
    And by the leaps of "logic" being expressed here, one would think that vegetarians go around eating paste and nibbling on bamboo furniture every chance we get. After all, if it's plant based it must be a member of one of the basic food groups. I can assure you that many of us successfully cured ourselves of these habits years ago. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Yummmm! Paste! :D Wait. Paste is not necessarily plant based. :s And I posit you don't eat the furniture because (a) you get enough fiber from other sources and (b) varnish tastes bad. o:)
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Yes, that´s why I always have holes in my bamboo socks. I just can´t quit the bamboo addiction. I tried, but cotton is just not the same.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Bamboo, is SO not nutritious, I mean, do you know how much pandas have to eat? Thats probably why they are so sad. They should learn to eat something healthier like spinach.

Is a werewolf a cannibal if they eat a hot dog, or uh, a Fairy a cannibal if they eat pixie stix?

Although, Vampires do eat other Sims....
    Vampires feed from other sims, they do not eat them. At least, not in my game. Never once has Fricassee of Mother-in-Law ever been in the recipe books or on the menu that I could ever notice.

LOL on werewolf hot dogs and especially the pixie stix (brilliant)! I'm surprised Witch Hazel hasn't been mentioned yet. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Lol, I've always wondered about that tbh :D Like how are their kids born? Can they breast feed? Do they have a navel? Do they have lungs and gills, or just lungs that work like a cachalot's and a sea lion's :blush:
    Answered in order:

Merbabies are born the same way as other sim babies; the mother spins around & the baby materializes in her arms.

Yes, but they need Nona's mod to do it.

Mersims have "bellybuttons" instead of navels. :p

Neither, based on their "hydration" need, I think they breathe through their skin, like salamanders.
    They have air sacs that they use to change their buoyancy in water & to speak when out of water, but these are not part of the respiratory system.
    Enjoy!
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Bamboo is just a bad habit. For nutrition there are always other vegetables, like chocolate.

Sim mermaids have to be mammels, because they can procreate with human sims. I like to think, they have gills as well as lungs, just because that would be so convinient. :)

And as far as I know, salamanders start with gills and then grow lungs, while loosing the gills.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    @ShojoDagger Haha, thanks ;) (yes, like salamanders, that's an option too)
    5JZ57S6.png