Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Know what would be neat?

I started a new legacy today and got to thinking....know what would be neat? It would be neat if every generation of Sim could be a new time period. Sims meets Civilization! One generation of sims could be using a covered wagon, another a car, another a spaceship! Expansion packs could be time periods. Cave man expansion pack, Renaissance expansion pack, ....so many possibilities!

Modern life is great and everything, but it would be fun to explore other eras. What do you think?

Comments

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i'd love a historical sims game. :)
    also there is a history legacy challenge if you are interested in that.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• SydcupcakesSydcupcakes Posts: 79 Member
    That would be cool to see your sims age with technology! I would rather it be an expansion pack though instead of multiple game packs (I've spent far too much money on this game)
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I'd love to dip back a generation to home phones lol. I just loved it when it would ring and one sim would answer it just for it to be for another sim and stuff.
  • Emilym3Emilym3 Posts: 539 Member
    i'd love a historical sims game. :)
    also there is a history legacy challenge if you are interested in that.

sweet ill check it out thanks!
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    It would be neat. Ambitious for sure, but definitely neat.

Along the same lines I'd totally go for a sims game set in the future. Or the past ala Medieval but way bigger and better.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Well we had the off the grid sp option but it didn't win. I voted for it. But at least we get to do laundry in every era :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    yay laundry :(
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Emilym3 wrote: »
    I started a new legacy today and got to thinking....know what would be neat? It would be neat if every generation of Sim could be a new time period. Sims meets Civilization! One generation of sims could be using a covered wagon, another a car, another a spaceship! Expansion packs could be time periods. Cave man expansion pack, Renaissance expansion pack, ....so many possibilities!

Modern life is great and everything, but it would be fun to explore other eras. What do you think?

I actually did this once in Sims 2. I used a ton of mods CC and went from medieval times through the ages with each generation. There was enough good historical CC and mods for that game that I had no problem becoming immersed in it. Now it is more difficult due to all sims having phones and not being able to disable cars etc
  • link4566link4566 Posts: 59 Member
    I love this!!! That's such an interesting concept!
  • Emilym3Emilym3 Posts: 539 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

I actually did this once in Sims 2. I used a ton of mods CC and went from medieval times through the ages with each generation. There was enough good historical CC and mods for that game that I had no problem becoming immersed in it. Now it is more difficult due to all sims having phones and not being able to disable cars etc

Yes! That is what I am talking about! I may try this. I am not sure how... maybe take screenshots with different camera angles cutting out the modern and then compile them to look like its from a different time period? Not really the same thing as playing and being immersed in it... sigh maybe someday. I think I will give it a go anyway.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Yes! That is what I am talking about! I may try this. I am not sure how... maybe take screenshots with different camera angles cutting out the modern and then compile them to look like its from a different time period? Not really the same thing as playing and being immersed in it... sigh maybe someday. I think I will give it a go anyway.

Let me know how you manage with it!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    So long as you can actually play and get the feel of the time zone, it would be great. Sims Medieval was good to a point, but you weren't really given that much of a chance to experience the flavor of the setting. I have spinning wheels in my 18th century game save, but you can't do anything with them. The loom is really a computer, so that piece of linen is never completed. I can't find a butter churn, let alone an interactive one. If the EP, GP, or what have you gave us a real sense of being in that time zone, I'd be in seventh heaven.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/