Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't breathe

GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
I've had Showtime for years. Really, years. I think I got it somewhere in summer 2012 if I'm not mistaken, so that means 5 years. Half the time my game crashed because I played on a toaster and only recently I've been dearing to give my male sims any 'special' clothes (a few years ago i was stuck between the clothes form diesel, some shirts form showtime and some stuff from Late Night)
I thought I saw every item in this game, in CAS at least, turns out I didn't.

Just yesterday, my eyes fell on this disaster:
cc7Kjib.jpg

My eyes can't handle this. I never really saw it before and I regret that I did now. Pockets in the front - okay, some originality. The attempt to make something that seems like you can put off the lower parts and make shorts of it - all right, may be practical in real life but will never look good. slightly flared - not that bad if you can pull it off. Overall ski pants look...Good. For in the snow... the world with this EP looks like it's somewhere in California. Those...things near the ankles...Experimental.
All combined...🐸🐸🐸🐸 is wrong with EA ?!?

How dare they burn my fashion-sensitive eyes so badly. How dare they.

edit:
Almost forgot to ask - what disasters as a result of EA's sometimes amazing sense os style did you bump into playing around in CAS? There are a lot of them...

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Okay, I'm sorry to be the showstopper on this one or maybe I would be if I had bothered to take a screenshot of it at the time. I once saw my sim's much older and supposedly sophisticated Uni Professor spin into what should have been his Outdoor outfit after lecture, after stepping outside in the middle of winter. There wasn't much to it, something that looked like war paint on a bare top, extremely tight bikini briefs, and an accessory that looked like a giant foam finger one would see at a ball game, except pointed down towards his midsection (for lack of a more polite way to say this).

That wasn't a fashion mistake, that was...you know, after all these years I still don't know how to classify it.

Again sorry, but nothing I've seen after that even comes close to shocking anymore. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @igazor I wonder how certain parts of his 'outfit' even qualified as winter clothes. Yeah, sometimes there are disastrous combinations (and sometimes good ones. A sim of me actually once had a random oufit for formal I kept for her) but sometimes even items itself, even combined well, still look like a disaster. These pants for example.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Surely it can't be so bad in khaki or darker colours? I think I remember using it a couple of times years ago. The part I hate the most is the random lines at the ankle. EA created a lot of clothes that they must have thought were edgy but look horrible now. Same goes with hair.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Maybe in darker colours...Combined well...It could be something. But surely not something a hot guy like my Arsen would ever wear. I wouldn't let him.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't think those pants are that bad .... although my sims would not be allowed to wear them ;)
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Okay, I'm sorry to be the showstopper on this one or maybe I would be if I had bothered to take a screenshot of it at the time. I once saw my sim's much older and supposedly sophisticated Uni Professor spin into what should have been his Outdoor outfit after lecture, after stepping outside in the middle of winter. There wasn't much to it, something that looked like war paint on a bare top, extremely tight bikini briefs, and an accessory that looked like a giant foam finger one would see at a ball game, except pointed down towards his midsection (for lack of a more polite way to say this).

That wasn't a fashion mistake, that was...you know, after all these years I still don't know how to classify it.

Again sorry, but nothing I've seen after that even comes close to shocking anymore. ;)

Do you mean this outfit? The Store listing is currently missing the picture for me. I think it's a free item. I can't recall seeing an inactive in this outfit. I did use it once. A long time ago I had a sim pursuing his 3rd or 4th degree at university alone, and he was focused on increasing Jock influence level. I was bored and started changing his outfit with every new Jock title, recoloring with the flames pattern from the Themed category in CASt. I think I started this when he reached the "Hot Stuff" level, hence the flames. Once he reached the top of Jock level, Big Sim on Campus, I put him in that outfit, recolored with the flames pattern, for the rest of the semester. He took classes, lecture, ate, etc. with that huge foam hand and flowing cape. He was the Big Sim on Campus after all!

When he returned home he had go back to dressing as a responsible father. I couldn't tell whether he was disappointed or relieved.

As for the pants above, those pockets! If they were on the sides like traditional cargo pants then I think they would be ok. As they are now, I guess I could see them for an Angler sim, but the detail on the inner ankles is bizarre.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Do you mean this outfit? The Store listing is currently missing the picture for me. I think it's a free item. I can't recall seeing an inactive in this outfit.
    Yeah, that's the one except with different shorts (or my memory of it is finally fading and getting distorted). I knew I had seen it someplace before and I forgot about the cape -- of course that makes it all respectable. It must have been a lighter color than pictured so it blended in with the falling snow or something. The only thing I could think of was Mr. Professor thought he was on his way to a Tailgating Party. Except I don't have Tailgating Parties in my game. :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I have issues with most of the male attire in the Sims 3, tops especially. It is very hard to clothe a man in a respectable outfit that doesn't make them look like a gigolo, or the stereo-typical Italian in Saturday Night Fever with a v-neck top cut way too low - or a nerd with clothes too short, too tight or just ill fitting. I find myself limited to about 10 outfits I can manage to look at for any length of time. Every time I thought I found something "normal" it would be half un-tucked or have a weird pocket hanging off it. :s I remember signing a petition for some less flamboyant/edgy mens' attire back in the day.
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Well... I was out at the festival one day with my sim and his childhood friend and I got ready to take some cute screenshots of them playing soccer together and then the friend changed into her athletic outfit and this happened:

5pea0.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hmmm, I actually have NO fashion sense whatsoever so nothing seems to bother me. :mrgreen::D I'm a go with what feels comfortable. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    The pants the OP posted are supposed to be like the kind skydivers use. Thus the front cargo pockets & the ties at the knees to keep the fabric from flapping. The bottom is supposed to look like a gusset that would let them go over boots & tighten at the ankle on a real skydiving outfit.
    Why did EA put it in there? To go with the daredevil acrobat career maybe? *shrugs*

The features are practical for skydivers & stuntmen while "on the job" but not exactly street fashionable.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    Well... I was out at the festival one day with my sim and his childhood friend and I got ready to take some cute screenshots of them playing soccer together and then the friend changed into her athletic outfit and this happened:

5pea0.jpg

It looks like she's got elbow pads to protect her when she throws herself at the ball on the ground.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    The pants the OP posted are supposed to be like the kind skydivers use. Thus the front cargo pockets & the ties at the knees to keep the fabric from flapping. The bottom is supposed to look like a gusset that would let them go over boots & tighten at the ankle on a real skydiving outfit.
    Why did EA put it in there? To go with the daredevil acrobat career maybe? *shrugs*

The features are practical for skydivers & stuntmen while "on the job" but not exactly street fashionable.

There was a free skydiving rabbit hole. It came with one of the car advertising packs. Ford Focus Skydiving Center - I think that's what it was called. They get pumped moodlet when they go there so whenever my sims want to get pumped I try to remember to send them there.

I don't have any pictures of it handy, but if you are interested you can google Ford Focus Skydiving Center Sims 3 and you'll see some pictures of it. It isn't available any more - unless they've opened their vault recently.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Some of the things I don't like I manage to ignore and then I forget it's in the game until I see someone tottaly pull it off mastering create-a-style.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Somehow I feel @ThinkMissPink 's Ellie fits in here perfectly :D

Screenshot-45.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
    Where is her ankle?? :o:D Normally when you parade around in Mom's boots you have all your body parts.

Slightly off topic: My Sim was acting strange yesterday. I told her to go home and two hours later she was still snorkeling. When I finally got her into her paddle-boat to go home, I got a closeup of her eyes. They were crossed like this tot's - but almost rolled back into her head - and silvery. It was freaky and I was wondering how you cure a possessed sim. Thankfully when she got out of the water she returned to normal.
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    Where is her ankle?? :o:D Normally when you parade around in Mom's boots you have all your body parts.

Slightly off topic: My Sim was acting strange yesterday. I told her to go home and two hours later she was still snorkeling. When I finally got her into her paddle-boat to go home, I got a closeup of her eyes. They were crossed like this tot's - but almost rolled back into her head - and silvery. It was freaky and I was wondering how you cure a possessed sim. Thankfully when she got out of the water she returned to normal.

My sim once glitched like this
    UG9DASp.jpg
    for a second.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Pockets in the front is better than no pockets at all . You try going to work with a phone, a cape and some change an no where to put it... :#

But personally I would agree that pockets are best left in their usual place :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The avatar of @Pancakesandwich has the same possessed silvery crossed eyes my sim had. :o Freaky. They are all possessed! :p