Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how are you gonna kill time till the Toddler SP?

It's gonna be a while till we see the new SP, so what are you doing to keep busy? Any summer activites planned? Or for those on the other side of the world, what winter activites do you got going on? Anybody playing any other games, or just gonna keep simming?
Me, I'm getting my Legacy caught up. I don't do the rules, I do my own thing. By the time the SP comes out I should have plenty of tots running around. Believe it or not, I've only had one toddler so far. I play on long, and he just aged up to toddler the other day.
Maybe I can get some ideas from you guys for when I get bored. Or when my 9 year old gets bored, which is every 2 minutes

Comments

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    It's gonna be a while till we see the new SP, so what are you doing to keep busy? Any summer activites planned? Or for those on the other side of the world, what winter activites do you got going on? Anybody playing any other games, or just gonna keep simming?
    Me, I'm getting my Legacy caught up. I don't do the rules, I do my own thing. By the time the SP comes out I should have plenty of tots running around. Believe it or not, I've only had one toddler so far. I play on long, and he just aged up to toddler the other day.
    Maybe I can get some ideas from you guys for when I get bored. Or when my 9 year old gets bored, which is every 2 minutes

Well aside of going on vacation, and work*g*, I'll probably finish growing up my current teens, and getting them and their YA brother in relationships, so that they'll be ready to have kids of their own by the time the new stuff pack comes out :-)
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    A lot has been going on this summer, so I might be a little busy. But in my spare time I might even re-decorate a home, park or even make a preschool/daycare, but i'll keep them empty till the pack comes out <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Couple of vacation trips and rediscovering Sims 3.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Good question but work takes most of my time sigh
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I find myself drifting away from toddlers, so it's irrelevant to me.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Play as usual. I'm a rotational family player, so there's nearly always going to be some toddlers in my game.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It's Summer everywhere in the world. :wink:
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I play TS3.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Simanite I believe OP mentioned winter because in different areas of the world, it's their winter season. Many ppl stay inside when the weather is colder.

Anyway, I'll continue playing with my YAs. I only have one family/one toddler in my game. I'm getting more into clubs and having gatherings. I am actively replacing EA Sims with my own in San Myshuno and my Sims are enjoying the night life. Since it's hot outside, my Sims are treating it the same way by visiting water parks, swimming, going camping, working out outside, and wearing summer/spring clothing for the most part.
    Post edited by lasummerb on
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    DegrassiGen smashes digital clock against the wall. There he killed time! RIP clock!
  • BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    made a new beautiful blended family including twin daughters, one of which will be going thru a teenage pregnancy to kick off the next gen…. I've been modding my game a lot and cc shopping every day lmao someone stop me
    tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Apart from freezing my backside off and wishing it was Summer, not much.
    Hopeing they fix restaurants soon!!
    Scuse me while i go cuddle the heater
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Play with the content I haven't fully explored : I've barely scratched the surface of Parenthood for example !
    Do a bit of modding
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited July 2017
    Simanite wrote: »

Nope, in the Southern Hemisphere it's currently winter - July, yes, of course, but winter all the same.

Back on topic, I'm enjoying playing my various legacy challenges ("Differences in the Family Tree", "I'm a Lover" and "Not so Berry"). Other than that, I'm reading as much as I can when time allows. Oh, and working of course :s
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    Apart from freezing my backside off and wishing it was Summer, not much.
    Hopeing they fix restaurants soon!!
    Scuse me while i go cuddle the heater
    Simanite wrote: »

Nope, in the Southern Hemisphere it's currently winter - July, yes, of course, but winter all the same.

Back on topic, I'm enjoying playing my various legacy challenges ("Differences in the Family Tree", "I'm a Lover" and "Not so Berry"). Other than that, I'm reading as much as I can when time allows. Oh, and working of course :s

Thank you :blush:
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited July 2017
    Irl? I'll go swimming when I can. I'm not going to be traveling much, unfortunately.

In the sims, I will keep working on my rotation. I got two of the SPs, Backyard and Vintage Glamour, which I added recently to the mix. I'll tide myself over for a while with those and the other content in my game. I'll have to think about where I'll put the water slides since a lot of my sims don't have yards big enough for that. They will go somewhere though. My sims will all be able to sip lemonade and iced tea though. I'll try to make it a bit summery for some of my households.

As for VG, I finally have enough wealthy mansion-based sims in my rotation for it to make sense. I want to play a lot with Hugo Villareal soon because he is the "old money" heir to a large fortune. I'll get him a butler and probably some sort of fancily-dressed wife. I have a couple of other very rich houses as well although some of them are classier than others. No, I don't think Hugo is one of the most attractive sims in the game. He's kind of average but he's a wealthy heir so I don't know yet if he will find someone who is actually interested in him or more interested in his wealth and status. There's also a potential for discord with his siblings though that has not happened yet.

Other SPs looked good as well. I had to think a bit before I decided on those two. I might consider others another time but I'm good for a while now.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited July 2017
    right now I'm playing stardew vally its really fun and there's always comics
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Play as usual. I'm a rotational family player, so there's nearly always going to be some toddlers in my game.

This

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2017

Yeah, by the time the pack relased I'll be on the toddler grandchildren of my current Sims, most likely, so there'll be toddlers to spoil there.

Real life, my husband and I are trying to get insurance issues straightened out because I may need some minor surgery on my hand; I really want to get that done so I can get back to my crochet for fall and winter.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member

Yeah, by the time the pack relased I'll be on the toddler grandchildren of my current Sims, most likely, so there'll be toddlers to spoil there.

Real life, my husband and I are trying to get insurance issues straightened out because I may need some minor surgery on my hand; I really want to get that done so I can get back to my crochet for fall and winter.

Ugh. I feel for you. I hate dealing with insurance companies. I hope you get it all worked out. Idk what I'd do without my crochet to keep me busy in the winter months. I have a pattern for a beautiful shawl. It's really advanced, and even though I have been crocheting for years now, I haven't attempted it. I think this is the year for it. I just want it to be perfect. It's the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen, but also very intimidating.
    So I will add that to the list of things to do before the Toddler pack. Picking out yarn, and preparing to start in on it.

Good luck
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I have a vacation in 2 and a half weeks time, and after that hopefully I will have a job to tie me over, but if I ever end up winning the lottery or the Euromillions, I'll be jet setting off to University in Seoul to learn the Korean Language, and hanging out with a few people I know there (most of the people happen to be in underated idol groups)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Play the other games in my library. other than Sims. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    After the 18th, midnight, I'll be downloading and playing, Yonder The Cloud Catcher Chronicles. I've been waiting for the game to come out for a long time, just 6 more days. Here's a preview of the game.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/580200/discussions/0/1458454827730272795/
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'm still exploring Parenthood, although with two toddlers in my current family I'm starting to feel PSPS (Pre-Stuff-Pack-Syndrome). :D