Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sims games can you have on one laptop?

JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
I have sims 3 and 4 on my windows 10 with a few expansions and I have sims 2 on my old laptop. Would like to get sims 2 ultimate collection onto my windows 10 in case my old laptop stops working but didn't know if the 3 games on the one laptop would cause problems. I play sims 2 mostly but have invested too much time in the other two to uninstall them.

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I have utlimate collection of TS2, TS3 basegame, university, seasons, pets, generations, late night, ambitions, world adventure, diesel kit, inspiration loft kit, TS4 basegame, city living, GT, GTW, parenthood, vampire, vintage glamour, dine out, kids room, spa day, cool kitchen, patio and luxury party. I have a laptop (Asus), so if you have a good laptop you can play with no problems.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Jano wrote: »
    I have sims 3 and 4 on my windows 10 with a few expansions and I have sims 2 on my old laptop. Would like to get sims 2 ultimate collection onto my windows 10 in case my old laptop stops working but didn't know if the 3 games on the one laptop would cause problems. I play sims 2 mostly but have invested too much time in the other two to uninstall them.
    You can have hundreds of games on the same laptop. This won't give you any problems unless you run out of space on your hard-drive (and you probably won't).

But the number of expansions for the same Sims game is a different matter because if you have too many expansions then you can run out of RAM either on your computer or on your video-card if your laptop is too cheap or too old. The problem here is that all the expansions are activated at the same time when you play the game. But your other games on the laptop of course aren't. So they won't give any problems.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I like @Jordan061102 have an ASUS laptop - a beautiful gaming one with orange keys, and it can handled ts1, 2, 3, and 4 and all EPs, SP, GPs etc pretty decently with only a little bit of lag in ts3 and some hot air from the fan in ts4 but thats what I've got a cooling pad for :) short run times even with CC and only experience game crashes if I play for 6+ hours in one go.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    I currently have The Sims 3 with all its SPs and EPs and The Sims 4 with all the GPs, EPs and SPs installed (except bowling stuff, parenthood and vampires.) I wish I could get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and The Sims 1, I miss them so much. :( But right now I'm only playing The Sims 3. I'll play The Sims 4 after I get bored of playing the Sims 3. :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I've got all the Sims games on my laptop (but haven't found a good way of running Sims1and Sim golf properly yet in Sims 10), Sims Castaway, SimCity, SimCity Rush Hour, SimCity Societies plus lots of Freebies and bargains from Origin Store. I have a terabyte of storage though.

OP: I would never uninstall any Sims games unless you really have to as getting them back on again is such a pain.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    TS3, TS4, and Sims Medieval (which I barely played).
  • TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    The Sims 2 UC and The Sims 4 (İt has every expensitions and stuff packs).
    TS2UC works great on highest details.But ı have to work TS4 on medium details.Still works great.
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode
  • krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member
    Ahh sims 2 and sims 3 was all that would work on my dad's dinosaur computer, if only I had sims 2 for PC, I would have sims 2, 3, and 4 on my asus.
    My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Sims 2 (allpacks) was a Freebie some time ago on Origin. Have you got the redeem code for Sims 2 still? You never know but that pleading with EA reps. and proving you had it might move them to let you get the Freebie.
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @Mchap353 are you still looking for a way to run Sims 1? I found the top video on YouTube very helpfull when searching for 'Sims 1 on Windows 10'. I managed to get it going last sunday with that video.

Also when you get it to install right and run, I would advise going in game as 'admin'. Otherwise there's a risk the game keeps loading the packs and eventually crash your computer :')

And on topic, I have Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3 and all their packs and for Sims 3 store stuff as well, Sims 4 basegame, Sims Medieval, SimCity and SimCity 2000 installed and for that matter also Rollercoaster Tycoon 2...
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I have Windows 7 and have Sims 2, 3 & 4 installed. Since you don't play any more than one at a time, I see no problems.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I have Windows 10 and I have the TS2 UC, TS3 + all expansions, no stuff packs, TS4 + all packs except for Spooky Stuff and Athletic Stuff, and the Sims Medieval installed and everything runs fine. TS3 is a bit slow and laggy, but there's nothing new there.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
    I have Windows 7 and have Sims 2, 3 & 4 installed. Since you don't play any more than one at a time, I see no problems.
    I think that the main question in this thread is based on a misunderstanding which likely comes from experiences with too many apps installed and running in the background on cheap mobile phones or tablets. The problem with such cheap mobile devices is that many apps go on running even when you don't use them and cheap mobile devices are cheap because they have too little RAM and memory for people who want to install many apps (and especially apps that go on running in the background when we don't use them). Besides that apps running in the background uses power which can drain the battery too fast even on more expensive mobile devices.

But even laptops are mobile too they are used in a different way. They aren't usually turned on when we don't use them like phones and tablets most often are. So games for laptops are usually not running in the background when we don't play them. Therefore they don't use resources and there is no reason at all to uninstall them unless you need the space on the harddrive to install something else. So you can have all the EA's Sims games and hundreds of other games installed at the same time without any reason to worry unless you are very low on free space on the harddrive ;)
  • ChrisDadoskyChrisDadosky Posts: 39 Member
    There's no set limit, it's all based on how much hard drive space you've got. I bought a 2 Terabyte hard drive for $40 a while back and I never need to worry about space limits again.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    A friend's laptop didn't have much space left, so she installed Sims 2 on an external hard drive. Not sure if I would do that with slow-loading games like TS3 though.
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Cororon wrote: »
    A friend's laptop didn't have much space left, so she installed Sims 2 on an external hard drive. Not sure if I would do that with slow-loading games like TS3 though.
    This isn't really the problem because external harddrives aren't slow. Instead the problem is that you then can't play the game unless the external harddrive is connected to your laptop. So I would only install games on such a drive if I was quite low on free space on my laptop and then only install games that I rarely play anyway on my external harddrive. But it is still faster to just connect the external drive when you want to play such a game then to uninstall it and then later reinstall it every time you want to play it anyway ;)