Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where's the quarterly teaser???

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me please, do people go back to work on the 5th? or is another day needed to recover from the partying on the 4th?

Pretty much -- everything should be back to normal by the 5th. Some people actually take their vacation this week so they can take the extra vacation day either before or after the week; a video game streamer I watch got married on Sunday so his wife could have the extra day for their honeymoon (they're in Costa Rica for a week and a half). Usually not too much partying today -- daytime picnics mostly then fireworks around 9pm when it's dark enough for them to be seen (at least in the Bay Area; sometimes they're earlier or later depending how far north or south you live in the US. In parts of Alaska the sun doesn't set till midnight or later so they have really late fireworks.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping it shows either an Amusement Park or Tropical Gamepack.
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm from Brazil too, in the region I live, in the southeast, specifically in Minas Gerais, we usually say this is an "amended holiday".

I think this word has in Portuguese one meaning that English doesn't have. I'm not sure, however I didn't find this particular meaning in Cambridge Dictionary. In this expression, I believe we use "amended" in the sense of enclose, put together, unite what is separate to form a whole.

"Hanged holiday" looks weird to me too, I've never heard this :o, it should be more usual in your region. At least "amended holiday" makes more sense to me. :D

Edit:
    Corvinow wrote: »
    BTW, we have the rather boring expressions "bank holiday", "bank holiday weekend" and "long weekend" here in the UK. :confused:

Here in Brazil when we have those 4 day weekends we usually say the holiday is being hanged. I have no idea how this started but everybody uses it even though it's quite weird to say that lol
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Can someone explain to me please, do people go back to work on the 5th? or is another day needed to recover from the partying on the 4th?

Pretty much -- everything should be back to normal by the 5th. Some people actually take their vacation this week so they can take the extra vacation day either before or after the week; a video game streamer I watch got married on Sunday so his wife could have the extra day for their honeymoon (they're in Costa Rica for a week and a half). Usually not too much partying today -- daytime picnics mostly then fireworks around 9pm when it's dark enough for them to be seen (at least in the Bay Area; sometimes they're earlier or later depending how far north or south you live in the US. In parts of Alaska the sun doesn't set till midnight or later so they have really late fireworks.

Cool, thanks.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I'm hoping it shows either an Amusement Park or Tropical Gamepack.

I can't wait for a tropical vacation destination, but my expectations aren't so high, I'd love to be surprised! :)
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    jotajeje wrote: »
    I'm from Brazil too, in the region I live, in the southeast, specifically in Minas Gerais, we usually say this is an "amended holiday".

I think this word has in Portuguese one meaning that English doesn't have. I'm not sure, however I didn't find this particular meaning in Cambridge Dictionary. In this expression, I believe we use "amended" in the sense of enclose, put together, unite what is separate to form a whole.

"Hanged holiday" looks weird to me too, I've never heard this :o, it should be more usual in your region. At least "amended holiday" makes more sense to me. :D

I actually uses amended like you but what I hear the most is the other one, maybe is something people say only at Rio lol
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Only 4 hours until we find out if we're getting a teaser!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    If there was anything in the teaser that even remotely looked like it could be a (tropical) vacation pack, I would totally geek out.
    The only other things I really, really want are slow/ballroom dancing and gift giving. Any of those as a feature of a pack would be incredibly awesome.
    But it might only be stuff packs, which is fine as it would definitely free up time in my schedule I would otherwise spend obsessing over a new GP/EP. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Do they normally post the teasers at a certain time of day?
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    why are they on a four day weekend?

Bridge holliday? (sorry the term if no correct, I textually translated Feriado puente)

I believed those was only an argentina invention

Here in Venezuela we also called them puente
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    samemie wrote: »

Yeah. 10PST I believe (I only know it's 11am my time lol). But if it's today, we should know in about an hour
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Yeah. 10PST I believe (I only know it's 11am my time lol). But if it's today, we should know in about an hour

I hope you are right, if it's Pets I can stop visiting the site for awhile since I'm not interested in it and just try to get my bugs fixed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited July 2017

Oh cool so in about 40 minutes then? That'd be 6pm my time.

edit: didn't read your 'we should know in about an hour'. So yeah, 40 minutes at 6pm my time (come on me, use your eyes)
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member

edit: didn't read your 'we should know in about an hour'. So yeah, 40 minutes at 6pm my time (come on me, use your eyes)

That'll be 1pm for me. Eastern.
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member

@samemie I think its more and hour and a half.
    Here is what time it is PST:
    https://time.is/PST
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2017
    Less than thirty minutes now if it comes out at 10:00 A.M. PST, today. We'll see if it does or not. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @ActuallySammy Ah you had me confused for a second but at the top of that page it says they aren't on PST right now, but PT, so I was right the first time ;)

https://time.is/PT
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    PT?

Im at other page and say it is called PDT
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    why are they on a four day weekend?

4th of July aka Independence Day.
    Aka Brexit 1776

The original one
    @samemie OMG! I didn't realize! I'm so sorry:(
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    @ActuallySammy Ah you had me confused for a second but at the top of that page it says they aren't on PST right now, but PT, so I was right the first time ;)

https://time.is/PT

Yes the US has something that is called Daylight savings time. In the spring thru summer time goes forward 1 hr. In fall it goes back to Standard Time. It was implemented in the 70s it think. Benjamin Franklin came up with the concept. It took 200 yrs for it to become reality. Just a bit of trivia. B)
    I do hope that the teaser comes out today, what do you guys think? Will it come out?
    @leo3487 honestly I don't know what it's called it's what time it is that's important :P

@ActuallySammy no need to apologise we all make mistakes!

@SparklePlumley I think lots of countries have daylight savings, mine included haha
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I don't think we're getting a teaser today.
    1FKDfKj.png