March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Landscaping Stuff Pack?

KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I've been wanting to see a stuff pack completely dedicated to landscaping and improving the exterior of the house. Not nessearily furniture, I'm talking more gardening stuff, more hedges, shrubs, trees, and ponds w/ aquatic flora and fish. Non-collectable fish is fine, but just for the aesthetic would be nice. I'm a nature nerd, so having the forest at my doorstep is what I'd like to have. For a special gimmicky item that's usually obligatory to every stuff pack, maybe a greenhouse, which can later be used for an upcoming seasons pack?

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    landscaping sorry op but no thank you my sims have better things to do than landscaping, so i do not agree with this idea
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    I'd love to get more to landscape with. And I would really love to get green houses, if only to better recreate the Greenman house from TS2 :grin: But in all seriousness, even with romantic garden stuff and outdoor retreat, I still feel like I'm always running out of plants or I can't find the type of tree I'd like. I'd really like to see some more bushes without flowers, and some more grasses.
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I want lakes and ponds! ☺
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Funny you should bring this up, I just made a thread in the feedback/suggestion area about how we're lacking rocks. There's only 5 from the base game.

Packs don't really add landscaping elements. But yeah, I would love a landscaping stuff pack to improve the outside of my homes.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    [quote="Meegie1977;c-15858535"]I want lakes and ponds! ☺[/quote]

Same here. I miss crafting cute little ponds for my lots! A landscaping pack would be great and a solid idea for an sp/gp depending on the size I think.
    6riwm5.png
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I've always wanted to make terraced gardens. To be able to make more natural ponds & lakes would be most excellent. I never use the build fountains since they just look like pools.

I've actually always wanted a proper zen garden where my sims could rake the pebbles :sweat_smile: In my old hometown the city library I used to frequent every weekend had a zen garden in the central courtyard. Used to love staring at it on rainy days.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    landscaping sorry op but no thank you my sims have better things to do than landscaping, so i do not agree with this idea

Better things to do, like laundry?
    Let's just leave it at that. No need to tag em back into the thread.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Keffers wrote: »

Better things to do, like laundry?

for exemple i prefer to raise to max my sims skills level
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    tumblr_inline_ndwnurnZ9v1sek354.gif.....
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Love the idea! It would be great to design/build natural fountains, ponds, and even streams.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Yes! I'd love to see some beautiful new water features. Like waterfalls of varying heights and appearances, different fountains than the ones we have. I think waterfalls that can empty in to swimming pools would be AMAZING. You have no idea. All of my favorite lusted-after real estate includes a natural looking waterfall pouring in a pool. I'm a sucker for that. I'd probably spend $20 JUST for that option in my game lmao. I'd love to see raised koi ponds or if it comes after animals are introduced I'd love to be able to have peacocks or something wandering around my rich estates.
    Ooo and rabbit hole stone grottos, with the ability to woohoo in them. That'd be cool too.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Bumping this up since people have made a zillion threads talking about laundry (which could have been compiled in one thread), so here we go.
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    A landscaping pack would also go great with an expansion on gardening. God knows we need more planters in varying forms.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    That would be awesome! Do you have an idea for what gameplay items you'd like to see in such a pack?
    Simanite wrote: »
    That would be awesome! Do you have an idea for what gameplay items you'd like to see in such a pack?

Probably a pond we could fish from instead of having to go to a specific node to fish, catch frogs there, add in more planter bowls, and perhaps permanent plant sims this go around? Plantsims were teased in a previous pack, but only to a temporary state.
  • faerydreams13faerydreams13 Posts: 94 Member
    Even a pond that had a gameplay feature like the aquariums where we could add fish we caught or bought...! But yes! more garden, landscaping stuff for sure!
    Currently Playing:
    The Chudwell Legacy: The Third Generation, featuring Cassie Chudwell.
    The Prism Legacy: A Not So Berry Challenge, featuring Patina Prism
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hmm not a bad idea but so many other things I would like to see first.
    Bumping this up because I want @SimGuruGraham to see this, as The Sims 4 lacks this element.
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    What about optional sprinklers you can purchase in buy/build mode that activate and water your plants for you? Would save a lot of time for gardening sims. I had to get rid of my family's garden because it took the patriarch 24 sim hours to maintain, and he didn't have the time for that, lol.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
    edited June 2017
    What about optional sprinklers you can purchase in buy/build mode that activate and water your plants for you? Would save a lot of time for gardening sims. I had to get rid of my family's garden because it took the patriarch 24 sim hours to maintain, and he didn't have the time for that, lol.

Honestly, that would be a wonderful idea. As someone who indulges a lot in gardening, this is a valuable option for those of us who produce our own food. :smiley:
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    edited June 2017
    Kurotard wrote: »

Honestly, that would be a wonderful idea. As someone who indulges a lot in gardening, this is a valuable option for those of us who produce our own food. :smiley:

I once had a huge strawberry field on a family's lot and it was the only way they made income. It was terrible. Everyone was near death caring for the plants constantly and they kept having kids to help care for their farm. It would take four sims an entire sim day to be almost done caring for the plants. And when I say "almost," it's because enough time would pass for the plants they cared for in the beginning to already need care again, lmao.
    Stuff that could help take care of a large amount of plants would be awesome. It just gets too time consuming wayyyy too fast.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
    Kurotard wrote: »

I once had a huge strawberry field on a family's lot and it was the only way they made income. It was terrible. Everyone was near death caring for the plants constantly and they kept having kids to help care for their farm. It would take four sims an entire sim day to be almost done caring for the plants. And when I say "almost," it's because enough time would pass for the plants they cared for in the beginning to already need care again, lmao.
    Stuff that could help take care of a large amount of plants would be awesome. It just gets too time consuming wayyyy too fast.

That was me with The Sims 3 and just harvesting all my nectar grapes. xD I hope they would add the Harvester back (with no negative side effects)
  • TreleifinTreleifin Posts: 39 Member
    Dual purpose sprinklers maybe? Not only for busy sims with no watering time, but also for kids/toddlers to play under?