Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    What a waste of a pack creation process hahahaha could have had brand new things that might never be a thing in any other pack, but got chores that were guaranteed to be put in at some point eventually. Its like that time they let people name a boat and everybody picked Boaty McBoatface.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Why do I have a feeling that all of this "community involvement" thing was just an illusion and the pack was already decided to be a laundry pack from the very beginning?

We've never actually seen actual polls. We can only believe what the gurus are saying.

Not gonna lie, that was actually the first thing I said to my hubby when this all started. I said it's really just an illusion of involvement. I still voted of course but I definitely am not convinced it's just a big ruse
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I'm a litte sad that Off the grid didn't won, but just because I believe that we will never get these things.. It was really different for laundry, if laundry had lost this poll, I'm sure, they would include it on another pack, because ppl would start asking for it.. But all the other option dont even have a second chance.. But ok, Its the way it is. Congrats for all ppl who wanted laundry, at least there are a few ppl really happy with the results
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    > @PrincessVee said:
    > Why do I have a feeling that all of this "community involvement" thing was just an illusion and the pack was already decided to be a laundry pack from the very beginning?
    >
    > We've never actually seen actual polls. We can only believe what the gurus are saying.

You've got a point,we were never actually shown polls or progress.Oh well,it was fun even if the end result was disappointing.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Why do I have a feeling that all of this "community involvement" thing was just an illusion and the pack was already decided to be a laundry pack from the very beginning?

We've never actually seen actual polls. We can only believe what the gurus are saying.

Not gonna lie, that was actually the first thing I said to my hubby when this all started. I said it's really just an illusion of involvement. I still voted of course but I definitely am not convinced it's just a big ruse

Yeah... We also have never seen concept arts for other pack themes.. (Even though we've been told that they made concept art for all of the possible pack themes in advance). We've only seen concept art for the eco living pack. Where's the proof that the concept art for those other themes has ever existed?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

I believe you are right. Just looking at the items already included in the pack there is an iron, an ironing board, a wash board, a laundry tub turned to a sink, stacked laundry baskets, folded laundry, all the hangers... it would have looked really awkward to have all the laundry themed stuff if a pack without laundry. Almost as awkward as passing laundry off as an eco pack.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member

I have always thought from the beginning all the "voting" had been designed to yield one outcome. My reasoning my be slightly different, but I have held pretty much the same opinion as @DeservedCriticism since the first vote of the themes. When the lead producer of this project tweeted in September 2016, that he would love to do an SP for laundry? There was a clear bias from the beginning.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

I have always thought from the beginning all the "voting" had been designed to yield one outcome. My reasoning my be slightly different, but I have held pretty much the same opinion as @DeservedCriticism since the first vote of the themes. When the lead producer of this project tweeted in September 2016, that he would love to do an SP for laundry? There was a clear bias from the beginning.

Yes. I also very much agree with @DeservedCriticism on this one. Including one frequently requested concept in a poll with a bunch of completely new ideas is an indication of the definite bias towards that one frequently requested concept.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    If laundry is so popular, why wasn't it a standalone choice from the beginning like arcade? I think they used the theme Eco Friendy, and intentionally put in Domestic Responsibilities and Laundry in the description along with vague ideas of ECO Living of solar panels, home technologies, and living off the grid. By doing this, they divided the votes between the five themes, but we're able to pull in people that wanted Eco living features and people that zeroed in on the word laundry. Thus Eco wins the majority.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Candacis wrote: »
    I know Graham talked about possibly combining things. Maybe it isn't a clear-cut vote? It's possible the #1 pick will be more fleshed out and then they might incorporate something else from the #2 choice.

That would take some deliberation to determine their scope of what would fit into an SP. Just like the Fitness SP had a rock wall AND a TV station with new animations. We don't yet know what they will do with our voting results.

That could be a nice compromise.

That'd be nice. They could just add the lot trait and solar panels/well in and laundry.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    The Election was faster than these results.

Nuh uh. They didn't know for Michigan until Wednesday or Thursday and they recounted after that.
    Ah well. I guess I will wait for a sale on this one. Not much interest in paying $10 for laundry which I will not use. I liked the objects and clothing assets but not enough to pay full price :)
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Ah well. I guess I will wait for a sale on this one. Not much interest in paying $10 for laundry which I will not use. I liked the objects and clothing assets but not enough to pay full price :)

The Sims 4 must be getting near its end anyway lmao I'm almost tempted just to spend my money on Sims 3 packs I don't have, and then wait until 4 is finished and buy it's packs when they're all half price.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

The Sims 4 must be getting near its end anyway lmao I'm almost tempted just to spend my money on Sims 3 packs I don't have, and then wait until 4 is finished and buy it's packs when they're all half price.

It's possible. I'm kind of not interested in the game lately anyway. Maybe if I come back in a year there will be some new stuff for me to get interested again and by then it may be on sale. I also do not care much for pets so I'll have to wait for a sale there too. And I have lots of other games to play!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    The Election was faster than these results.

Nuh uh. They didn't know for Michigan until Wednesday or Thursday and they recounted after that.

It was still over and it was fast that night surprised me for sure
  • mlmeadowsmlmeadows Posts: 13 New Member
    Off the Grid
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    mlmeadows wrote: »
    Off the Grid

Well, buddy, do I have some news for you. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2017
    I wonder if they will change the title.

''Laundry Stuff'' sounds more appropriate
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • SimsChica2013SimsChica2013 Posts: 75 Member
    None, because I didn't even know there was a survey.
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member

Noooo haha!! There's hardly any content for Sims 4 in comparison to Sims 3, it's no where near its end.
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    edited June 2017

Noooo haha!! There's hardly any content for Sims 4 in comparison to Sims 3, it's no where near its end.

@somethingstellar No way Is it near its end, baha. Making a new game now would cost EA a lot of money. It's easier to just make content for an existing game instead of code an entirely new thing, starting from practical scratch. They make enough money from expansions, anyways.
    Edit: quoted the wrong person and too lazy to fix it so I just tagged them instead.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

@somethingstellar No way Is it near its end, baha. Making a new game now would cost EA a lot of money. It's easier to just make content for an existing game instead of code an entirely new thing, starting from practical scratch. They make enough money from expansions, anyways.
    Edit: quoted the wrong person and too lazy to fix it so I just tagged them instead.

Finnally people who know how codding works. Sims 4 has a loooong way to go there making this game from the ground up instead of using the same coding.
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Food preserves. I like laundry being added in but... couldn't that just come with an expansion like it did with The Sims 3 Ambitions?
  • fractiouspipfractiouspip Posts: 13 New Member
    I chose the off grid option. I figured it was more likely we were offered laundry or the canning/nectar option in another pack. Laundry as much as I would like it, just does not fit into eco very well (imo)...unless you plan on handwashing with organic soap nuts every time (can you imagine how grey your whites would become?) :wink:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I wanted laundry, like forever but when the options were presented I voted for canning/nectar making, which I liked as much as laundry. The other 2 choices were meh. I'm happy anyway as at least one of my 2 choices won. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.