Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod traits?

Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
Has anyone downloaded any traits from mod the sims? If you have are they worth it? Do they work? Thanks in advance for the answers!
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They work but for me the traits weren't important enough to my gameplay to make it past my mod clean up I did about a month ago.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    They work but for me the traits weren't important enough to my gameplay to make it past my mod clean up I did about a month ago.

so in your experience it doesnt really change the gameplay much?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • KishiNova12KishiNova12 Posts: 100 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

traits in general don't really do all that much for the sims
    i had made a thread that discussed this too because of another thread that talked about their lack of significance

i had made a thread that discussed this too because of another thread that talked about their lack of significance

oh ok! Thank you :) the traits in mod the sims seemed a bit ... well lets just say a lot of traits made the insane trait of the game look like a joke. So i thought maybe they would actually make a difference. I'm afraid to even mention some of the traits cause people seem to take it way too personal :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited June 2017

oh ok! Thank you :) the traits in mod the sims seemed a bit ... well lets just say a lot of traits made the insane trait of the game look like a joke. So i thought maybe they would actually make a difference. I'm afraid to even mention some of the traits cause people seem to take it way too personal :/

You mean the mental health disorder traits? I downloaded several but haven't used them yet, I'm waiting for some of my sims to age and so I can pick out their futures (long life span :sweat_smile:). I myself have my own problems, so personally I'm happy someone took the time to make them, especially as detailed and thought out as they are. Based on what I read from the info posts and the comments though, I'd have to say it seems like they really do make a bigger impact on the game. I say go for it and give it a try, you know? Doesn't hurt.

If that's not what you meant, I still say go for it just to see what the traits are like. xD
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I have some of the traits from mod the sims and other sources. Like others were saying, they don't do too much as far as changing the Sims. I have a certain trait for a certain type of guy described by a slang term and he's usually in a flirty mood and loves to date several Sim women even though he has a girlfriend.
    edited June 2017

You mean the mental health disorder traits? I downloaded several but haven't used them yet, I'm waiting for some of my sims to age and so I can pick out their futures (long life span :sweat_smile:). I myself have my own problems, so personally I'm happy someone took the time to make them, especially as detailed and thought out as they are. Based on what I read from the info posts and the comments though, I'd have to say it seems like they really do make a bigger impact on the game. I say go for it and give it a try, you know? Doesn't hurt.

If that's not what you meant, I still say go for it just to see what the traits are like. xD

Hopefully you can let me know how they work :)
    lasummerb wrote: »
    I have some of the traits from mod the sims and other sources. Like others were saying, they don't do too much as far as changing the Sims. I have a certain trait for a certain type of guy described by a slang term and he's usually in a flirty mood and loves to date several Sim women even though he has a girlfriend.

Oooh i think I know which one. But like the simmer before me said, I was looking more into the mental health related traits. I wanted to see if they would make my sims not look like they have a perfect life.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • AltruantSludgeAltruantSludge Posts: 44 Member
    The only one I've really liked was the Anxious trait. I miss the Socially Awkward and Neurotic traits from 3. My self-sim usually got one or both of those, and she just didn't seem right in 4 because she was too... happy. All the time. The Anxious trait made for difficult but fun gameplay. The littlest thing set her off into a tense mood, and some days she just woke up that way. She had to spend a lot of time napping or giving herself pep talks. I really enjoyed the added challenge of fixing her mood before she could be a productive member of society.

A lot of the other custom traits I've tried didn't seem to do much.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    The thing that is really important to know about custom traits is that they break with most patches and unless the creator is active in updating them after patches, your game will start throwing a lot of LastException text files, letting you know something is not working right. you may or may not notice any difference in your game but some people do notice lag or things dropping from their sims queue or other weird things happening in the game. I can give you an example of CC breaking my game. I had a CC tattoo in my game that worked up until the PH patch, with this tattoo in my game (my sim didn't even have to be wearing it) when I went into CAS clothing, nothing showed up.

Skrmbild%2045_zpstvokkplo.png

I had to untick all filters in order for clothes to show up, this was for all categories

Skrmbild%2047_zpseryuqhzs.png

My broken CC had nothing to do with traits, I just thought I would let you know that old Mods/CC that is not updated can cause problems in your game.
    A side note, I love Mods/CC and have a lot of them in my game, I am just very careful with which Mods I use as like I said they are the things that will most likely break after a patch so just make sure you can find a update for them.

"If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    lilonesub wrote: »
    The thing that is really important to know about custom traits is that they break with most patches and unless the creator is active in updating them after patches, your game will start throwing a lot of LastException text files, letting you know something is not working right. you may or may not notice any difference in your game but some people do notice lag or things dropping from their sims queue or other weird things happening in the game. I can give you an example of CC breaking my game. I had a CC tattoo in my game that worked up until the PH patch, with this tattoo in my game (my sim didn't even have to be wearing it) when I went into CAS clothing, nothing showed up.

I had to untick all filters in order for clothes to show up, this was for all categories

My broken CC had nothing to do with traits, I just thought I would let you know that old Mods/CC that is not updated can cause problems in your game.
    A side note, I love Mods/CC and have a lot of them in my game, I am just very careful with which Mods I use as like I said they are the things that will most likely break after a patch so just make sure you can find a update for them.
    To my understanding, custom traits are generally unaffected by patches, as the fundamentals of traits aren't touched much by changes to the game. If the trait is overriding any existing game files, that does raise the likelihood of needing an update after a patch.

That said, I do agree it helps to be aware that mods often need updating after patches.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

Oooh i think I know which one. But like the simmer before me said, I was looking more into the mental health related traits. I wanted to see if they would make my sims not look like they have a perfect life.

@Orchid13 I downloaded the anxiety, social anxiety, depression, and borderline personality disorder traits. I haven't used them yet, but eventually I plan on making a Sim with at least a couple of those traits. I suffer from all of this, so it would be interesting to see how my Sim would act.

edited June 2017
    Triplis wrote: »

To my understanding, custom traits are generally unaffected by patches, as the fundamentals of traits aren't touched much by changes to the game. If the trait is overriding any existing game files, that does raise the likelihood of needing an update after a patch.

That said, I do agree it helps to be aware that mods often need updating after patches.

You are right, traits shouldn't break with patches neither should a tattoo but in my case it messed with my CAS, I can only speak from my experiences with this game, there was a patch last year that broke almost all custom traits, Zerbu even made a "batch fix" for this, also since MCCC has added the error message pop up we have had a lot of people posting their LastException text files over on Discord, reading these LE's showed among other things that were broken in peoples games were quite a few custom traits, I am by no means a pro at reading LE's yet but I do trust Deaderpool and EG when they have pointed out to people that they had broken traits in their games.

I am not in any way saying that you are wrong, as you know more then me about modding, we just have different experiences with this game.

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

@Orchid13 I downloaded the anxiety, social anxiety, depression, and borderline personality disorder traits. I haven't used them yet, but eventually I plan on making a Sim with at least a couple of those traits. I suffer from all of this, so it would be interesting to see how my Sim would act.

Oooh ok , those are the ones I was referring to :) please let me know if you notice any difference

You are right, traits shouldn't break with patches neither should a tattoo but in my case it messed with my CAS, I can only speak from my experiences with this game, there was a patch last year that broke almost all custom traits, Zerbu even made a "batch fix" for this, also since MCCC has added the error message pop up we have had a lot of people posting their LastException text files over on Discord, reading these LE's showed among other things that were broken in peoples games were quite a few custom traits, I am by no means a pro at reading LE's yet but I do trust Deaderpool and EG when they have pointed out to people that they had broken traits in their games.

I am not in any way saying that you are wrong, as you know more then me about modding, we just have different experiences with this game.

Question. Yesterday I was downloading mods and I was looking to get mcc wohoo mod and it says it's not available... does that mean that the whole MCC is not working now?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I Have ADHD trait I used on my simself, I'm so much more relatable, I forgot what happened but he received a moodlet and it was because of the trait and I loved it.

I Have Gourmand Trait, It's basically Glutton, Slob, and Lazy rolled into one Trait, Which I think is perfect when You feel like Trait Slots are like a budget to you, you have 3 for the price of 1, and you get to pick 2 more traits.

Sarcastic, I have but I haven't seen it in action.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I Have ADHD trait I used on my simself, I'm so much more relatable, I forgot what happened but he received a moodlet and it was because of the trait and I loved it.

I Have Gourmand Trait, It's basically Glutton, Slob, and Lazy rolled into one Trait, Which I think is perfect when You feel like Trait Slots are like a budget to you, you have 3 for the price of 1, and you get to pick 2 more traits.

Sarcastic, I have but I haven't seen it in action.

Oh ok great :) so now at least I know one person had a good experience with it .
    21mbz47.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The only one I've really liked was the Anxious trait. I miss the Socially Awkward and Neurotic traits from 3. My self-sim usually got one or both of those, and she just didn't seem right in 4 because she was too... happy. All the time. The Anxious trait made for difficult but fun gameplay. The littlest thing set her off into a tense mood, and some days she just woke up that way. She had to spend a lot of time napping or giving herself pep talks. I really enjoyed the added challenge of fixing her mood before she could be a productive member of society.

A lot of the other custom traits I've tried didn't seem to do much.

I think Socially Awkward came with University Life so maybe there's hope we'll get that one back. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Oooh ok , those are the ones I was referring to :) please let me know if you notice any difference

Question. Yesterday I was downloading mods and I was looking to get mcc wohoo mod and it says it's not available... does that mean that the whole MCC is not working now?

Did you click on the first link on the MCCC site, that says version 3.6.0? if so that is the pre-release version which I think DP will post later this week or next week. clicking that link might say that MCCC/MC Woohoo is not available. Try clicking the link for MCCC/MC Woohoo 3.5.3 as this is the current version that people are using now.

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @Orchid13 well the Social Aniexty disorder just makes the sim very uncomfortable (with moodlets saying something about awakardness)-one of the main sims I had been "playing" with Gen 6 got it when he aged up to YA. Depressed trait just makes them constantly sad so you have to make sure their husband/wife doesn't have the same trait if you want them to have nooboos. I haven't actually played the borderline trait yet but I know one of my Disney sim kids have it
    6adMCGP.gif
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

It's cool. I was just speaking theoretically from what I know about the code. I only got into making mods less than six months ago, so I've missed a lot of the history. I believe you when you say they've broken before.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited June 2017
    From modthesims
    I downloaded the teen only traits by Cardtaken

Others were:
    The singing traits. They were by the same odder. One was called GoldenThroat trait I think...
    The pathetic trait (which is supposed to be the loser trait)

A list of modded traits:
    http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s4trait
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member

Were you looking on mod the sims or here?https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com You'll need the public release
    Happy Simming!♥
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I'm pretty sure you have to go through the tumblr to get the most recent updates for MCC and the other mod attached to it I don't believe he's updating at Mod the Sims anymore.
    ~ ~ ~
    @Orchid13 I have custom medication and things like superfood supplements, and vitamins. Some of the meds are common for ppl who suffer from mental illness. One of them I have in my game I take for anxiety in real life. Some of the meds will give you moodlets like happy, or energized, among others. Once I make my Sim w/ depression and anxiety or BPD, I can imagine I'll have to let her use the antidepression meds. But I would want to be realistic and only allow her to take it once per day and not whenever she got into a sad mood.
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you have to go through the tumblr to get the most recent updates for MCC and the other mod attached to it I don't believe he's updating at Mod the Sims anymore.

Oh ok. Thank you! But in his tumblr it's ok right?
    21mbz47.jpg
    @Orchid13 I've had MCCC for about a month and just downloaded the other mod you referred to yesterday. It is on the tumblr.