Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiplayer is not in real time

Hi everyone,
So after watching a few gameplay videos, I must say I am pretty disappointed by the fact that the multiplayer is not in real time. In fact, the party chat is but not the core of the gameplay. It means anyone sees something different. I'm kind of sad about it. I was so happy we finally got a multiplayer feature for a sims game. If it's not real time, it's not true multiplayer.

Comments

• AbneyTAbneyT Posts: 37 Member
    You are right, but I don't see it completely as a negative. I like how I have the same sims around my party all day even when they obviously aren't still online.
  • Queen_Qaan1Queen_Qaan1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi i would like to know if this game really is multiplayer and how you go
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    Hi i would like to know if this game really is multiplayer and how you go

It is a multiplayer game. You have an in-game list of friends and a big gameplay element is throwing parties at home once a week that other players can attend and every day you can attend three parties trown either by in game friends or random players. Attending a party is another event that requires from the player to interact with item and collect stars for prizes. The hosting friend doesn't see exactly what actions your sim is doing but they get you sim as a npc visitor in the house and the can try to befriend them. Parties also open an in-game chat where players can talk to each other.
  • RaulStevensRaulStevens Posts: 2 New Member
    That should be improved.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    That should be improved.
    The problem is that you don't want not to be able to play if your friend is offline - and you also don't want not to be able to play if your friend is online. To solve those problems it is usually to just create copies of your friend's sims and only let you play with those copies when your friend's sims visit your neighborhood and to only let you visit a copy of your friend's neighborhood. But then your friend won't even know anything about this. Anyway I don't see a better way to do this?
  • 97Nahue97Nahue Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm actually fine with Multiplayer not being synchronized. Why? Because townies are way too generic and i want my Sims to have interesting families, so i want my Sims to get married to other people's Sims without interfering with their game.
  • LuteLute Posts: 60 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    That should be improved.
    The problem is that you don't want not to be able to play if your friend is offline - and you also don't want not to be able to play if your friend is online. To solve those problems it is usually to just create copies of your friend's sims and only let you play with those copies when your friend's sims visit your neighborhood and to only let you visit a copy of your friend's neighborhood. But then your friend won't even know anything about this. Anyway I don't see a better way to do this?

There are plenty of mobile mmos where you can play and not have to wait on your friends. Is it different for Sims because of progression I am assuming or ?
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Lute wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    That should be improved.

There are plenty of mobile mmos where you can play and not have to wait on your friends. Is it different for Sims because of progression I am assuming or ?
    Yes, usually all MMOs are made in a way where you only can do something in your friend's world when your friend is offline. This makes very good sense in war games where you attack his city because he shouldn't be able to move his buildings and armies while you are attacking.

But what about a Sims game? The idea that you should be able to change anything in his city when he is offline probably wouldn't be something he (or she) would like. But what some people ask for here that is that if both simmers are online they should be able to control their two sims having a conversation or while their two sims are flirting. But this is almost impossible to make in a good way because what then if one of the simmers only want his sim to talk while the other simmer instead want the sims to be flirting or kissing?
  • aeriajelaeriajel Posts: 3 New Member
    Is anybody here figured out the mischievous life goals? I badly needed the mischief tokens for alarm clock
  • Laylay5959Laylay5959 Posts: 1 New Member
    Question is there a certain level I have to be in order to interact with friends such as my girlfriend who had a character but I can't see her in my world all I can u is visit her house but can't add her to contact like I did too other people