Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Hey, it's not our fault they programmed in visitor deaths in the game. :p It's as if they anticipated the idea of park visitors getting killed by rides
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Hey, it's not our fault they programmed in visitor deaths in the game. :p It's as if they anticipated the idea of park visitors getting killed by rides

Indeed. XD
    Banner.png
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Indeed. XD

Maybe the creators had some pent-up anger at someone themselves. You know they're bosses, wives, husbands, family, each other, etc, etc, etc. I loved picking them up in the game. So much fun!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    I will be around tomorrow fairly often, but tomorrow evening I'll be on the road with my hubby traveling for 4'ish hours. Then, we have a conference over the next couple of days until Sunday. Then we drive back Sunday afternoon. I'll be spotty in this time but should be around with my phone and, hopefully, the laptop in the evenings. However, I won't have access to the game or anything.

So, I'll be quick about this. My husband and I were about 2 hours into our 3 1/2 hour trip, we had a major accident. Thank God we both walked away with just scratches and bruises. Basically, I was driving and hydroplaned during a downpour. We flipped around once and flipped back the right way, road the cement median on two wheels, and then flipped upside down. We were on a 3-lane major toll road, so we were both terrified that we'd get hit since we had no idea where we were on the highway. Our seat belts saved our lives or I believe we could easily have broken necks. I was able to roll my window down because the air bags deployed and it smelled horrible in the car. Then, I unbelted and crawled out through the window, terrified the whole time that someone would run over my head. My husband than got out through my window, too, minus his shoe (lol).

Long story short, we're ok. Of course, I got a ticket because of "failure to control" my vehicle. Whatever. I'm just happy we're alive and the kids weren't in the car. Our car is completely totaled, though. The whole frame was bent out of whack. We're not sure if we'll go to our conference or not. It's a very important conference that will have information for Mike's rare condition. However, if we're too sore tomorrow, we may just go home.

So, for shows I'm in, I'm unsure I'll be too engaged for the next day or two. Just fyi. <3 Love to all! <3
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    edited June 2017
    Jesus. That's crazy, Lo! Must've been terrifying. I'm just happy you walked away with only a few scratches.
    Getting a ticket after totalling your car seems a bit like rubbing salt in a wound, but here's to hoping you'll recover financially.
    How will you get home?
    Turner wrote: »
    Jesus. That's crazy, Lo! Must've been terrifying. I'm just happy you walked away with only a few scratches.
    Getting a ticket after totalling your car seems a bit like rubbing salt in a wound, but here's to hoping your recover financially.
    How will you get home?

I know. Utterly ridiculous, but after everything, I just don't care. My husband is a huge money pincher and he doesn't care either. AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING about how serious this is. He made me laugh tonight because already looking at vehicles to buy. lol

Our car was fully covered (at my insistence awhile back, which I'm thankful for now), and I'm pretty sure we have some kind of rental policy on the plan. I will be calling our insurance place in the morning first thing to figure out what we can do. There is a car rental place here in town that actually works with our insurance, so hopefully, we can rent a car. We still have to empty out our car as well, as there is still a ton of our stuff in it. Because we're not taking the car home, of course. lol If for some reason, we can't get a car, then my parents and my husband's parents have both offered to come and get us. So, something will work out. We just have to figure out something by 11am when we have to check out of this hotel we're in or we'll be charged another night. The great thing about the car rental place is they come pick us up. (A very catchy jingle, so most will know what place it is...lol)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited June 2017
    Oh my God, Lo. I'm glad you came out of it unscathed. And thankfully you had insurance. I know an unexpected car purchase can be financially devastating
    Post edited by icmnfrsh on
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    D: ....................

Thank god you're okay Lo. That sounds so frightening..... I do hope you'll be well enough that you can make it to the conference.
    Banner.png
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    :o My goodness, That sounds frightening. That must have been a terrifying experience for you Lo. It was a good job you were fully covered, I know myself it's awful to end up stranded somewhere without a car so i'm glad the insurance/rental place are gunna sort everything out for you. Main thing is that you are okay though Lo, I hope you are able to make it to your conferance. :)
    Christmas_Banner.png
    edited June 2017
    Here's what the car looked like on the side of the road. :/

19420587_10213099415897950_5332609369564114998_n.jpg?oh=0d88589e7b5465748e089a631d17f9b8&oe=59CCEB2D

I figured it was ok to post the pictures of the final look of the car since we're not in the pictures and I didn't see any personal info or "location" info. If you see something, though, please let me know. :) The back part of the car was literally untouched. Even the back window is still intact. lol The insurance appraiser happened to stop by while we were there and opened the trunk. The whole engine was pushed back, so it's definitely totaled. This was our good car. The other one was the one we thought we'd eventually have to replace. :/ So it's a little disappointing, but we'll survive. :D

35385359791_74c55cacec_k.jpg

35516085705_b424b1d5e4_k.jpg

35516084715_27b3ad8790_k.jpg

35516083955_10480f81eb_k.jpg
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    I'm so glad you wore your seat belts that time. Some people tend to forget

• AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    Aww...
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    Omg Lo :( that's a horrible wreck. I am so very glad you are alright!!! Holy hell :( *hugs*
  • yanyan2199yanyan2199 Posts: 3,698 Member
    Hello peeps :P
    class-zero.png
    Yikes, that car is a horrible sight Lo! D: Thank goodness nothing severe happened..
    Banner.png
    yanyan2199 wrote: »
    Hello peeps :P

Oh hi! :) Long time, no see. How're you doing?
    Banner.png
    I've also got a minor accident... The motor gate closed on my car.. Left with scratches and dent.. And I don't have insurance.. :#:'(
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    I've also got a minor accident... The motor gate closed on my car.. Left with scratches and dent.. And I don't have insurance.. :#:'(

Ouch. :o

I hope that the car still is repairable, and that the scratches and dent is just on the car, and not on you.
    Banner.png
    Alleenmens wrote: »

Aww. Well, I guess you'll have to make do for now. Getting dents un-dented is quite expensive.

Oh well... I'll have to take it up with the landlord... Last time the beam did work and re-opens when something blocks it... :s I only heard about it after the accident...
    The cast of season 2 of AuSurvivor got revealed... I think its safe to say that I didn't make it :P XD
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    The cast of season 2 of AuSurvivor got revealed... I think its safe to say that I didn't make it :P XD

Aw bummer. I wonder how many apply annually.
    I've heard they prefer contestants at least 21 years old, usually a few years older. So if you're in the 18-20 range there's not many spots open. :p
    Turner wrote: »

Aw bummer. I wonder how many apply annually.
    I've heard they prefer contestants at least 21 years old, usually a few years older. So if you're in the 18-20 range there's not many spots open. :p

The youngest person in this season is 20... So maybe next year there is hope for me :P Haha!
    In good news, I made it on TV. :lol: But just as an extra for a Netflix show. :-b Cool experience, being on set and all, seeing and walking by the actors (couldn't talk to any of them though. It was hard not to stare at them hahaha)
  • x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member

Actually, you did. You are just somebody pretending to be Haylo as he is playing Survivor right now.
    BTW, call me Jake.