Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing for Builders, So Not Buying

Comments

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the eco pack is actually going to contain eco themes, and not just be a boring laundry pack.
    If it is really eco themed, then it should include some eco stuff for building.

I think you posted this to the wrong thread... :/
    This thread is about building, isn't it?

You don't think there might be some eco themed building stuff? Solar panels for the roof? Turf roof? Straw walls? Stuff themed towards tiny homes, like ladders? Maybe more landscaping type stuffs... dunno what, since they're not likely to allow us to build hills n stuff. A pitty really, cos I miss building into a slope.

When you put it that way, then it makes sense. I thought you were discussing the Eco SP and meant it to be in a thread in the SP section. Sorry for the goof! However, I believe that what you are asking for is too much for a SP, it would need to be in an EP. Sure would be nice to get all of that, though! :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    True round wall tools, not 5 or 6 sides round. and windows that fit. be able to make a wall a complete window or see through. we need to be able to move things just a 1/8 square if we like.
    Our textures should look real and bring like a castle to life not make it look cartoony. Textures should be interchangeable. like wall textures should be able to be used on the floor if we want, any usable texture should be able to go on to any surface that is moddable... we need to be able to make a wall walkthrough if needed.

Roofing needs more kinds of roofs. also auto roof back for people that do not know how. rooms inside and out should be able to be at different heights, also round roofs.

We need building stuff packs, that means like 20 textures for the wall, floor, more doors, windows. things for outside drapes awnings, and lots of more signs for shops. two-word shop signs, that light up. Cars please, even if they do not drive. just to display. nice ones with a shine. not toybox cars, please.
    People make beautiful homes and have to sit out an old car with no shine.
    We need to be able to have A restaurant and a shop on the same lot. or a restaurant and a night club any 2 we like.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    We had Half Walls after basements, we also had new foundation tools with City Living that allow proper split leveling and even allow things like basements/pools with windows into the foundation.

Yes, more build stuff would be nice, but lets not act like Basements were the last thing we received, lol.

What foundation tools? Are you talking about deleting the floor? Because that is a base game mechanic, same for windows in pools. Windows don't however snap onto foundations, not sure what you're talking about there.

In terms of new functionality yeah basements are. Half walls are cool, but in the grand scheme they act more or less like the fence tool which is a base game tool. The only difference is that they can be recolored and items placed on them. Basements expanded the floor limit to allow building underground. Kind of a difference there in terms of what it offers for building. This is a feedback thread if your only motive is to pick fights then please refrain from posting in this thread.
    @BeJaWa wrote: »
    Ok it wasn't just me confused about the city living split level stuff. I was just about to go on a hunt to find this tool and was questioning why I hadn't seen it before :D
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Ok it wasn't just me confused about the city living split level stuff. I was just about to go on a hunt to find this tool and was questioning why I hadn't seen it before :D

They are mistaken. City Living did not add any new tools to build mode, it added lot traits and that's all.

Nope, not mistaken at all. City Living gave us the ability to replace Foundations with Walls, which means more options for building overall :)
    It allowed us to make split levelling indoors, that use walls instead of foundation skins (which looked ugly, add windows to basements etc.

And how is my post at all picking fights, I agree with the OP, but it's not true that builders have been ignored since 6 months after the game launched. There's other things here and there that we've had as well.

I never pick fights anyway, I say what I say and leave. The people who pick fights are the ones who demand that I pull apart my post and try to disprove everything I say, and then I post my sources, then everyone disappears and we repeat the process in a few weeks time :#
    @ehaught58 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    We had Half Walls after basements, we also had new foundation tools with City Living that allow proper split leveling and even allow things like basements/pools with windows into the foundation.

Yes, more build stuff would be nice, but lets not act like Basements were the last thing we received, lol.

@jackjack_k Well, regardless of what the last build tool was, it has still been a long time since we have had any added to the game. My point for this thread is to point out how EA has been ignoring builders requests for more build tools. :)
    In a thread about lack of tools that I posted 6 months ago, Aaron Houts popped in and said that builders have not been forgotten and that they would be coming out with some new build tools in the future. So, when are we going to start seeing these new tools?

We have received new Build Tools with every expansion, I expect more tools will come when we get new worlds that require them. Much like how it worked in The Sims 2 & 3.. The difference is, Expansions are coming on average every 8 - 12 months, so it's not as frequent as twice/three times a year :)
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited June 2017
    @jackjack_k
    With all due respect from what I have read in other places I think you may be wrong.
    I've looked around and I can't find any mention of this tool on any websites or promotional material for city living. Especially with the builders outrage about not having apartments you would think they would mention anything new building wise to try and make that community happier.
    I also remember having windows in pools before as in I just checked the notes they put on the Sims news page announceing basements and they have windows between pools and basements in it, same with a post on the Sims community talking about use of basements that includes mention of windows in pools (dated March 27 2015). Also I still can't put a window in an extirior basement wall (indoor walls as much as I please) and again no where can I find even a picture to suggest you can.

As for foundation painting, I thought you could already do this but I'm not sure about it, I can't find anything one way or the other to suggest it was or won't included. But, all the building guides out there still have people deleting floors to make split levels in the foundation and I find it odd that if they could change these to walls that none of these guides (especially on Carl's Sims 4 guide) have updated their old posts or have mentioned this feature in a little over 7 months since it supposedly appeared.

Finally we already as mentioned before could do split levels by deleting floors so it seems odd that they would bother changing it around in a relatively minor way for an ep, I would have instead expected a patch that made it so foundation could be painted this seems much simpler than makeing us change a foundation into a wall and then paint it. This is just speculation though. The above points I've made are really why I don't think this tool is out there.

Also it isn't about trying to disprove you and pull your posts apart if I could find this tool I would be quite happy and as such if you could find a link to how to do this I would gladly look at it, however I still can't find this and so I'm expressing my confusion here in hopes maybe someone can find it/confirm it and help people in the community in general since obviously a few of us missed this and need help finding it.

Also I don't use any mods or cheats when playing/building so it can't be that.

If anybody else finds something though do share with me because I am interested in seeing this.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    @jackjack_k said "Nope, not mistaken at all. City Living gave us the ability to replace Foundations with Walls, which means more options for building overall :)
    It allowed us to make split levelling indoors, that use walls instead of foundation skins (which looked ugly, add windows to basements etc."

Could you please post pictures of this? I so want this to be true! I could kick myself for missing out on these new tools! :)
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    Builders want something new. they are tired of waiting for one or two textures and whatever little bit the game pack has to give if anything for builders at all.
    What Builders want is to be separated from the other packs. And make for the first time in Sims history Builder stuff packs. with things that would interest builders. even new tools. that would help them produce a better build or creation. it would only bring in more money. and if they keep adding even more with the other packs then builders will continue to buy those too.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    > @ehaught58 said:
    > @jackjack_k said "Nope, not mistaken at all. City Living gave us the ability to replace Foundations with Walls, which means more options for building overall :)
    > It allowed us to make split levelling indoors, that use walls instead of foundation skins (which looked ugly, add windows to basements etc."
    >
    > Could you please post pictures of this? I so want this to be true! I could kick myself for missing out on these new tools! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIuVFWh5DY
    guess everyone is working on a split level. :)
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    @jackjack_k yeah post a pic please. Not able to boot up my game at the moment (or probably the whole day) and I would like to see these things you mention.

As I said the only thing as of now that you've said that I can't disprove is the wall coverings on foundations. Never personally seen that, but if you would post a picture example it would clear things up pretty quickly.

Lastly, if you feel your posts are being picked apart to be disproven might I suggest checking to see if the information you are intending to share is correct before you share it? It's really no fault of anyone but yourself if what you say isn't true, and can easily be 'disproven'. As I said this is a feedback thread, not a pitting game where you go in "say what you gotta say" and hightail it outta here only to return with another snarky defensive post. Open dialogue would be best in this thread so we can post what we would like to see added instead of arguing what the game can already do.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    I like the copy tool they added, I wish there was a way to add a mirror also.

The copy tool has saved me a whole bunch of head aches. I'd also love a rotate tool that allowed for full rotation not just left right - like I would be able to rotate the square to the diagonal. Speaking of diagonal, I wish stairs could be used on the diagonal. I would also love a special tool that allowed for full axis rotation of objects within their footprint.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Stormsview wrote: »
    > @ehaught58 said:
    > @jackjack_k said "Nope, not mistaken at all. City Living gave us the ability to replace Foundations with Walls, which means more options for building overall :)
    > It allowed us to make split levelling indoors, that use walls instead of foundation skins (which looked ugly, add windows to basements etc."
    >
    > Could you please post pictures of this? I so want this to be true! I could kick myself for missing out on these new tools! :)

Is this suppose to show the tool mentioned? Because it was published in 2014 before city living was released. Also it doesn't seem to allow to paint the foundation walls in here (sorry I have no sound right now so I can only watch it).
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    > @ehaught58 said:
    >

Is this suppose to show the tool mentioned? Because it was published in 2014 before city living was released. Also it doesn't seem to allow to paint the foundation walls in here (sorry I have no sound right now so I can only watch it).

Yep this just demonstrates the split leveling JackJack said came with CL is actually a base game thing.
    Ok, i am the one that gave the link on how to do a split level. for some that do not know how and wish to. for the first floor.That was always in the game. but not all know about this. so I gave the link.

Funny how it seems from the Quote that I said this about City Living. The reason we need to fix our forums. when you do a Quote its a mess. and look like others said something they did not .

This was not to prove his point. I have no Ideal what he is speaking about. he will return for that.

I was looking at pictures of split-level foundations. and some come out like a foundation, and some have the flat wall, but these are still foundations. but flat. so perhaps he feels that it's a wall if not he will let us know.

I did not see any city living foundation textures. But he said" City Living gave us the ability to replace Foundations with Walls, " I can't find proof of this at all. city living only gave textures as far as I found. They were not foundation Textures.
    I am awaiting his explanation as well.
    Ok, i am the one that gave the link on how to do a split level. for some that do not know how and wish to. for the first floor.That was always in the game. but not all know about this. so I gave the link.

Funny how it seems from the Quote that I said this about City Living. The reason we need to fix our forums. when you do a Quote its a mess. and look like others said something they did not .

This was not to prove his point. I have no Ideal what he is speaking about. he will return for that.

I was looking at pictures of split-level foundations. and some come out like a foundation, and some have the flat wall, but these are still foundations. but flat. so perhaps he feels that it's a wall if not he will let us know.

I did not see any city living foundation textures. But he said" City Living gave us the ability to replace Foundations with Walls, " I can't find proof of this at all. city living only gave textures as far as I found. They were not foundation Textures.
    I am awaiting his explanation as well.

Ok thank you I was confused but that clears it up and is handy. Thank you :)
    Your welcome :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    In addition to the ideas already given, something like the Sims2 'Manson & Garden' pack would be nice. That was good for three styles, Art Deco, Moroccan, & 2nd Empire - each with a large assortment of windows, doors, trim items, and Mansard roofs complete with windows. That little gem gives you another whole floor to work with. Providing existing windows and doors with different shades of wood brown would help a lot. Black, white, and shades of grey are not the only game in town, especially with older buildings. Would like more types and sizes of arches, too, and in a wide range of colors. Real diving board for the swimming pools, and a pool slide. Second the motion for auto roofs. Complex roofs in Sims4 are a bear.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have been wanting a pack like mansion and garden stuff for a long time. I love the different styles of houses and it was my favorite stuff pack from the Sims 2. Maybe they could even add different types of staircases and such to it.
    Post edited by auroraael14 on
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    edited June 2017
    Quick update on the claim made by @jackjack_k that they failed to respond to after repeated inquiry from other users:

Wall coverings do not apply to foundations. That includes exterior facing walls, and interior facing walls if you delete the floor. @jackjack_k you need to actually play the game before you enter threads such as this one to intentionally spread false information to try and dilute the point being made in the OP. Luckily it didn't take more than 5 mins to hop into the game to give it a go or else I would really feel salty about wasting my time on such a childish stunt.
    edited June 2017
    @jackjack_k
    With all due respect from what I have read in other places I think you may be wrong.
    I've looked around and I can't find any mention of this tool on any websites or promotional material for city living. Especially with the builders outrage about not having apartments you would think they would mention anything new building wise to try and make that community happier.
    I also remember having windows in pools before as in I just checked the notes they put on the Sims news page announceing basements and they have windows between pools and basements in it, same with a post on the Sims community talking about use of basements that includes mention of windows in pools (dated March 27 2015). Also I still can't put a window in an extirior basement wall (indoor walls as much as I please) and again no where can I find even a picture to suggest you can.

As for foundation painting, I thought you could already do this but I'm not sure about it, I can't find anything one way or the other to suggest it was or won't included. But, all the building guides out there still have people deleting floors to make split levels in the foundation and I find it odd that if they could change these to walls that none of these guides (especially on Carl's Sims 4 guide) have updated their old posts or have mentioned this feature in a little over 7 months since it supposedly appeared.

Finally we already as mentioned before could do split levels by deleting floors so it seems odd that they would bother changing it around in a relatively minor way for an ep, I would have instead expected a patch that made it so foundation could be painted this seems much simpler than makeing us change a foundation into a wall and then paint it. This is just speculation though. The above points I've made are really why I don't think this tool is out there.

Also it isn't about trying to disprove you and pull your posts apart if I could find this tool I would be quite happy and as such if you could find a link to how to do this I would gladly look at it, however I still can't find this and so I'm expressing my confusion here in hopes maybe someone can find it/confirm it and help people in the community in general since obviously a few of us missed this and need help finding it.

If anybody else finds something though do share with me because I am interested in seeing this.
    @jackjack_k said "Nope, not mistaken at all. City Living gave us the ability to replace Foundations with Walls, which means more options for building overall :)
    It allowed us to make split levelling indoors, that use walls instead of foundation skins (which looked ugly, add windows to basements etc."

Could you please post pictures of this? I so want this to be true! I could kick myself for missing out on these new tools! :)

Hi, it's a Foundation for City Living that replaces the Foundation with a wall? I've used it from time to time.
    I haven't used it in a while (been furnishing Apartments more than building) but I think it came up with the "showhiddenobjects" cheat or the extremely long unlock cheat. It's the only City Living foundation.
    @jackjack_k

Hi, it's a Foundation for City Living that replaces the Foundation with a wall? I've used it from time to time.
    I haven't used it in a while (been furnishing Apartments more than building) but I think it came up with the "showhiddenobjects" cheat or the extremely long unlock cheat. It's the only City Living foundation.

post a picture, post a video, anything at this stage

You cannot come into this thread with that highly negative tone making claims left and right with ZERO supporting evidence just to change it up to you THINK it popped up when you used "the extremely long unlock cheat". How about you go check it out? You are the only one making these claims so the burden of proof is on you, and has been on you this entire time. Your failure to yet again provide a single shred of evidence in your favor doesn't make your case, in fact it makes your arguments weaker and puts your lack of knowledge on the subject in the spotlight.
    @jackjack_k

post a picture, post a video, anything at this stage

You cannot come into this thread with that highly negative tone making claims left and right with ZERO supporting evidence just to change it up to you THINK it popped up when you used "the extremely long unlock cheat". How about you go check it out? You are the only one making these claims so the burden of proof is on you, and has been on you this entire time. Your failure to yet again provide a single shred of evidence in your favor doesn't make your case, in fact it makes your arguments weaker and puts your lack of knowledge on the subject in the spotlight.

grow up

I wasn't negative, just correcting the notion that we haven't had build tools since GTW, and I if I could I would. I can't right now.
    I gave clear instructions.

Your obsession with me is becoming a joke now, I'm here to contribute which I do, if you have a problem with me, YOU can do something about it.

I don't give a plum about what you demand, I can post what i want, and if people have questions I will answer. I just assumed it was a known thing, hence i just posted about it casually.

When people asked for instructions as to how, I gave them as soon as I got the notification when I woke up.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I have made a few splits, but all I have ever done is remove a portion of the floor, which lowers you into the foundation. I have never seen any normal walls either.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2017
    I didn't see any instructions posted? If this split level conundrum could be proven, I might actually be tempted to give CL a go. Posting the facts would greatly help out those who are on the fence.

Edit: this is something that would highly interest me.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5