Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which feature group did you pick?

Comments

• FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    Description says that solar panels are only be able to place them on the floor so I wonder -if Off the Grid wins- will we be able to use moveobjects to put them on the roof and make it work there? And I still think that it would look a bit useless on the floor what do you think?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Well the poll posted on the first page has three of the choices running neck to neck. No way to know if that translates to the wider simming community.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13266741

That poll has Laundry in the lead by a little but if you look through all the posts in this thread then Off The Grid is getting twice as many votes.

of the grid i have never seen something so useless in the game the option to do laundry in the game is far more useful
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Furkean wrote: »
    Description says that solar panels are only be able to place them on the floor so I wonder -if Off the Grid wins- will we be able to use moveobjects to put them on the roof and make it work there? And I still think that it would look a bit useless on the floor what do you think?

have you ever tough that the big winner might be laundry because laundry in the sims4 is highly requested
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017

Solar panels are on the ground in Sims 3 and work as they should - Here in the eco Village I live in, where the homes are surrounded by heavy forest - putting the solar panels on the ground is the proper option actually. Ground panels are a bit different than solar roof panels or solar roofing but are necessary if your house is not in full sun. Technically it is more economical for houses not to be in full sun as the trees alone make homes colder and in winter shield out the wind, so ground solar is much more desirable.

This shows you what many here use. https://www.mtsolar.us/?gclid=CKLmsrOg19QCFd2FswodBkoFKw

This explains it as well - http://news.energysage.com/ground-mounted-solar-panels-top-3-things-you-need-to-know/
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

@friendlysimmers I voted for laundry not because it fits the theme but I want it so bad. Off the grid feature is one of the most fitting feature and laundry is nothing compared to it. Also as I and most of the simmers have said that it is NOT eco friendly. I know I'm being repetitive but we -who wants laundry feature- just acting selfish and want gurus to add it as a gameplay not because it fits the theme
    @Writin_Reg Well I guess you just wrecked my bias about solar panels
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

have you ever tough that the big winner might be laundry because laundry in the sims4 is highly requested

Staaaap. Honestly I hope we get laundry so you can stop spamming every single thread
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    edited June 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Staaaap. Honestly I hope we get laundry so you can stop spamming every single thread

Spamming? Kinda feels more like bullying. From @friendlysimmers not you @Orchid13
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I voted food preservation. Off the grid sounded interesting, but the more I considered the replayability of the pack, I realized it would be one of those packs I'd end up using maybe a couple of times before it lost the novelty. Sure, it's a neat idea, but as I don't play every single save with eco minded sims, I won't get much use out of it. But with nectar making and canning, I definitely see myself making use of the objects in every household and in terms of replayability, its something I constantly use in TS3 and the novelty is yet to wear off.

I regret some of my life choices.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > superkyle221 wrote: »
    >
    > So many cool features. Really hard to choose between Off the Grid and Nectar Making (even the Freegan trait was one that I found exciting!).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > like i said the best choice for the sims4 is #laundry it would be much more useful in the game to have laundry aspecaly with praenthood and toddlers

I disagree - I don't think laundry would be that useful as I don't have Parenthood or really play with toddlers. I went with Off the Grid because that, combined with the stuff already chosen, makes this pack one I'm more likely to buy (same with food preserves, tbh) as that fits my own life experiences (and those of people I know). Laundry, unless they went with clotheslines and handwashing clothes over washers/dryers, isn't something that sounds interesting or useful to me at all.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2017
    Out of the entire list of features I was most interested in...
    • Renewable energy
    • Wells
    • Recycling
    • Composting
    • Preserves
    • Nectar Making

So it was a toss up between Off the Grid, and Preserves. I settled on Preserves because I'm plummer for new skills and craftables.

I think they could do more with the flower harvestables as they are useless (except for serums) right now. Flower arranging (in vases etc), pressing (for wall art), perfumes or decorative wreaths etc.

I also love the idea of preserving fish as veggies/fruit don't degrade like fish does. Maybe they could set is so that the process of canning drops the fish 1 quality level, though it remains frozen at that level until it's opened? They could also make veggie quality drop over time and apply this freeze-quality-on-canning system to those too.
  • cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    I voted for laundry :smile: Even though food preserves sounded really fun, I was more interested in laundry. I have wanted it for sooo long!! :relaxed:
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Spamming? Kinda feels more like bullying. From @friendlysimmers not you @Orchid13

Just a broken Record.
    I know, just wanted to lend some support to fellow simmers that may want or voted for something different.
    I haven't voted yet, but i can say that my vote will not be laundry. Laundry is not a "must have" for me personally. I am not against it, but the #TeamLaundy simmers have kinda overplayed this issue for me, so even though I do think laundry will win anyway, I feel like my vote should be cast for one of the other choices.
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Nectar making and canning!
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Those of you who want to do laundry: could you please come over and do my real life laundry? Thanks!

lol best comment so far
    21mbz47.jpg
    I know, just wanted to lend some support to fellow simmers that may want or voted for something different.

Oh, I totally agree. It's rather tiresome to read the same response over and over and over again. But I am quite happy to see such a more diverse outlook to what these game play features represent. Even those who want laundry can wait for a never before had or even had before feature.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I voted for Off the Grid.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    @LadyEmillye, That is how I feel too. I personally just voted for the Preserves, but it is because I do tend to use the cooking and gardening skill a lot in the game.

I think people need to vote for what appeals to them individually. I don't mind sharing how I voted, but just because the canning and nectar making is something I could see using a lot, I would never try to convince other simmers to vote for the feature I want, just because of how I play. Spamming every thread with Vote for this or vote for that and then taunting people with "Well, if (this) wins, what are you gonna do?" is going a little too far lol.

My response, "I don't know, carry on with my life?" I am not going to cry myself to sleep at night. I won't need a safe space and coloring books, and I will NOT be getting a plane ticket to California to protest at the Sims Studio.

At the end of the day, this is a STUFF PACK for a game that will release in 2018. If I am not interested in the content, maybe I just won't buy it.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    harun789 wrote: »
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    I found this extremely difficult. i went with canning; admittedly i will not be upset with whichever option is ultimately chosen as I wanted them all truthfully.

dont worry about others , everyone wants different things, so vote for something you want not what others want.

i voted how i wanted... i was simply saying they were all good choices that at the end of the day i'd be happy with whatever won. where did get the idea i didn't vote how i wanted?
    I also just enjoy reading how simmers are discussing how some of the other features could be implemented in the game and how some of these features fit into how other simmers play their games. I do enjoy hearing how different simmers play their games, and have even used some of this different play-styles to broaden my own game play if that makes any sense, lol.
    I also just enjoy reading how simmers are discussing how some of the other features could be implemented in the game and how some of these features fit into how other simmers play their games. I do enjoy hearing how different simmers play their games, and have even used some of this different play-styles to broaden my own game play if that makes any sense, lol.

Oh for sure. I am definitely not going to pitch a fit and complain if something I would like to have didn't win the vote. Nothing is a MUST HAVE for me. There are some things I will never buy. The Vintage Glamour sp, I could care less and will probably never buy it, but I'm not like OMG EA, why you give us this? I don't run out and buy the games on release day anymore. I pre-ordered all of TS3, and own everything for it (store and all), this time around, I buy what I like when it's on sale every so often when I can afford to, which isn't often.

I definitely think out of all of them, Off the Grid or Preserves will offer a lot to the game. Even the Carbon one, it's interesting for sure.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Well I think Laundry, Off the Grid and Preserving/nectarmaking were all good options but I chose Off the Grid because:

1) Laundry is the least likely fit for the the theme of this pack.

2) It's not like I dislike the option, I do like it but I like the other two more. Because it is a lot more mainstream Laundry is a lot more likely to be included in a future SP/GP/EP while this may be the only chance we have to get the Off the Grid features.

3) It opens up a wealth of gameplay scenarios, Prehistoric, Medieval, Historical, Pioneer, Survivalist/Eco-Warrior and Post -Disaster come to mind. It would be good if items like candles (in the lighting section) and the wood stove that's in the Goth still worked if a lot was Off the Grid but did not have a solar panel or wind turbine.

4) It will reduce our families' bills. Yes I know I can use cheats or mods for the same effect but I, like a lot of people here, enjoy playing challenges such as the Apocalypse challenge where using cheats or mods is a big no-no.

Seems from the comments here a lot of people find it hard to chose between Off the Grid and Preserving/Nectar making. I just afraid that those two will split the vote and we will end up with what was, at best, the third choice for the majority of people voting.

@SimGuruGraham what are the chance of some of these options appearing in later SP/GP/EPs?

tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.