Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing for Builders, So Not Buying

I did not purchase the last two releases for TS4 because there is absolutely nothing for builders. Until they start including more build tools and more worlds to build in, I have absolutely no desire to purchase any more additional content. Why have builders been ignored for so long in TS4?

Builders need to speak up and be heard! Unless we are more vocal about this, nothing will be done. Stand up and be heard!!! :)
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Build mode hasn't received a single new tool since basements, and even then that was just an extension of the regular room tool. I'm beginning to think they have no plans to really do anything with build mode. They say they have a long list of ideas, and then come out with lot traits. Doesn't necessarily give me a whole lot of hope for the future of build mode if they feel lot traits were a major addition.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I've bought all the packs so that I have, at least all the windows, wallpapers, doors available and agree that builders are being largely ignored in Sims 4. I want to build without having to use cheats.

When playing Sims 3 I bought all the build/furniture stuff one by one in "the shop" leaving all the decorations and clothing behind as they didn't interest me.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    There has been new build "objects" added, but that is not what I am talking about. As @drake_mccarty stated, we have not had any build "tools" since the basement tool.
    Where are the new tools that we were promised 6 months ago? @SimGuru_Houts
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • FujiSushiFujiSushi Posts: 55 Member
    Same. I'm not really into building lots, but I really miss being able to change the terrain. The only mountains and valleys in TS4 are all out of the players control. I also miss the spiral staircase and ladder, even though those are both really small things, I liked them because they saved space.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    i am waiting since years meantime for at least some new roofs
    i stopped buiding because the roofs options were limited & didn't allow to build the houses i wanted

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'm beyond these expansions which add a premium object, or some tacky gameplay feature.

What I really want is an expansion which expands the core game itself, Sim AI, creative tools, etc. If done right, I'd be far more inclined to invest in a pack like that over anything else.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    We had Half Walls after basements, we also had new foundation tools with City Living that allow proper split leveling and even allow things like basements/pools with windows into the foundation.

Yes, more build stuff would be nice, but lets not act like Basements were the last thing we received, lol.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    We had Half Walls after basements, we also had new foundation tools with City Living that allow proper split leveling and even allow things like basements/pools with windows into the foundation.

Yes, more build stuff would be nice, but lets not act like Basements were the last thing we received, lol.

@jackjack_k Well, regardless of what the last build tool was, it has still been a long time since we have had any added to the game. My point for this thread is to point out how EA has been ignoring builders requests for more build tools. :)
    In a thread about lack of tools that I posted 6 months ago, Aaron Houts popped in and said that builders have not been forgotten and that they would be coming out with some new build tools in the future. So, when are we going to start seeing these new tools?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    jackjack_k wrote: »

What foundation tools? Are you talking about deleting the floor? Because that is a base game mechanic, same for windows in pools. Windows don't however snap onto foundations, not sure what you're talking about there.

In terms of new functionality yeah basements are. Half walls are cool, but in the grand scheme they act more or less like the fence tool which is a base game tool. The only difference is that they can be recolored and items placed on them. Basements expanded the floor limit to allow building underground. Kind of a difference there in terms of what it offers for building. This is a feedback thread if your only motive is to pick fights then please refrain from posting in this thread.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Ok it wasn't just me confused about the city living split level stuff. I was just about to go on a hunt to find this tool and was questioning why I hadn't seen it before :D
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    Ok it wasn't just me confused about the city living split level stuff. I was just about to go on a hunt to find this tool and was questioning why I hadn't seen it before :D

They are mistaken. City Living did not add any new tools to build mode, it added lot traits and that's all.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I'm fairly a novice when it comes to my building skills, but I really miss the ability to have different types of stairs (i.e. Spiral, L, and U Shapes) in build mode. Plus, I've still never been able to make a split level house like I could in TS2 and TS3.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2017
    They certainly seem to have left builders behind with Sims 4. I've stopped playing the Sims altogether now because they took away all the things that made playing the sims enjoyable for me. Oh well......... :(
    Sucom wrote: »
    They certainly seem to have left builders behind with Sims 4. I've stopped playing the Sims altogether now because they took away all the things that made playing the sims enjoyable for me. Oh well......... :(

@Sucom I agree. I love the new tools this game introduced, but I miss the tools we had in previous editions to the point that building is nowhere near as fun as it used to be. :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • porcelainusagiporcelainusagi Posts: 2 New Member
    I must agree, it's pretty stupid EA didn't put multiple staircase options in Sims 4 (curved staircases – that aren't spiral – would be nice too). The lack of building options is so freaking disappointing. One kind of staircase that takes up tons of space, one kind of standard roof... You'd think even one building option that had been popular in Sims 3 would be rolled over into the next base game, but no. Nothing. I mean of course they want money, so maybe they would go "we could put all of this in an expansion pack and then we could get everyone to waste their money on it!! It'll be so popular and get us so much money", but apparently they didn't even think that through... So disappointed with this... EA needs to step up and either make a building expansion pack, or they need to just update the base game to have these things. This is ridiculous.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm hoping that the eco pack is actually going to contain eco themes, and not just be a boring laundry pack.
    If it is really eco themed, then it should include some eco stuff for building.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the eco pack is actually going to contain eco themes, and not just be a boring laundry pack.

I think you posted this to the wrong thread... :/
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited June 2017
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »

I think you posted this to the wrong thread... :/
    This thread is about building, isn't it?

You don't think there might be some eco themed building stuff? Solar panels for the roof? Turf roof? Straw walls? Stuff themed towards tiny homes, like ladders? Maybe more landscaping type stuffs... dunno what, since they're not likely to allow us to build hills n stuff. A pitty really, cos I miss building into a slope.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Builders need Builder Stuff packs. Not 2 textures and whatever little bit they give us in each pack. That's not good enough. They like the Gallery. They like what the Builder creates. So then help Builders out. as it is now it's like building with one hand tied behind out back. we have such little to go on and textures are not real looking. It does not matter how well you build something if you have to put on prepaid shabby textures that are dull.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    In the future, I think all building tools should be available from the very beginning!
    I think TS4 has some great building tools and concepts, but leaving behind the greatness that we had in The Sims 3 was a big mistake in my opinion!
  • NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    They once said builders are a minority when they were the majority now they stayed on that road until most builders abandoned the brand and they are finally right.

That happens when you get your surveys right out of the kindergardens. So u wanna play? Yeah! Ok they dont want to build we can lean back and relax instead of doing something, yay!
  • harmzangelharmzangel Posts: 8 New Member
    I see a lot of complaining on here about lack of build options but no specifics about what you'd like added other than more staircase options... If you're looking for something specific the best way to get it is to ASK and ASK OFTEN.

Something I would REALLY love to see is a renovation pack. Give us a run down world with homes and business that are in need of repair. Right now I'm downloading fixer uppers from the exchange and putting them in Newcrest. It would be cool to already have a world like that. The description could say the town "used to be one of the most desirable areas for Sims to live but has since fallen into a state of despair. The state is offering grants to those sims willing to move back and help build the city back up to it's former glory." Instead of the usual 20k you start out with sims could start out with 40k when moving into one of these lots to help offset the cost of renovations. Builders could then go in an edit the parks and stores, add restaurants and night clubs and make it into a beautiful, thriving community. In that pack they could also give the designers things they're looking for such as more staircase options, maybe curved walls/foundations. It would be a builder pack that would appeal to non-builders as well.
    edited June 2017
    harmzangel wrote: »
    I see a lot of complaining on here about lack of build options but no specifics about what you'd like added other than more staircase options... If you're looking for something specific the best way to get it is to ASK and ASK OFTEN.

These people have two other build modes offering complex building tools they could draw inspiration from. Requiring the continuous repetitive input from unsatisfied players to get literally anything on the table is a telltale sign of bad management, or an overall lack of interest in developing the feature.

What specifics would I like? Well I'd like to see foundations separated so that they could have separate heights. I'd like a stage tool, similar to Sims 2's but expanded with the foundation mechanism allowing different stage heights/stair compatibility. I would like to see build mode allow 1 tile door/windows to be centered on 2 grid tiles. I'd love if they would allow us to place multiple windows on a single grid tile. I'd like to see more stair types, more than anything I would prefer that adjustable stage so I could make split level stairs that aren't in a present L or U shape. I would enjoy seeing more roofing options, there's a roof on the Goth house that isn't even an option in game - what gives? Are we ever going to get that?

I'd also like apartment building tools, and terrain tools. One should have came with City Living and the other should have been in the base game. Something new I would enjoy would be a wall moulding tool. So you could apply whatever design to any wall with the specified wood/coloring and then fill the different parts of the wall that are separated with paint, wallpaper, etc. It would allow you to get a much more diverse set of wall coverings, especially with the small variety in the game now.