Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies or Hidden Springs??

I have a bunch of new sim points and I am looking to splurge on a new world. A couple of months ago I bought Lucky Palms which I love. I have had my eye on these two since I bought Lucky Palms. I am not sure what to get.. any suggestions?? Aurora skies and Hidden Springs both seem to have beautiful (and different) aesthetics. Both of the CAS items they come with are gorgeous (but I think Aurora Skies has better CAS just because of the 2 braid child hair and that pony tail..) I play mostly legacy/family type sims if that makes or breaks which one I should get first.

Comments

• SimmeradaSimmerada Posts: 1 New Member
    Both are awesome worlds. If you like north european atmosphere, red houses, thermal lakes, etc, Aurora Skies is perfect, I'm playing there lately. What I don't like at all is that everybody is wearing gloves and dark clothes on every single outfit... men, women, teens... Apart from this (which is just my opinion) is a beautiful world.
  • clue1234floclue1234flo Posts: 59 Member
    I know for myself Aurora Skies was the one. I love it mainly because with the gold version you get the walker and play pen which makes family play even better. If you have Generations, The Day Care career is great with those add ons, not to mention the great family aspects that EP comes with. If you're looking for family play, I say Aurora Skies. It comes with lots meant for you and your tiny sims and it has beautiful scenery.
  • LisaJ231LisaJ231 Posts: 18 Member
    I would have to agree with @clue1234flo about getting the gold version of Aurora Skies
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I do have those items (the playpen and the walker) but I really like the other items that come with the Tiny Prodigies Learning Center. But buying the standard and then the Learning Center separate is less points than buying the gold version. I think I am going to do that! The world looks the best I think and I am obsessed with the CAS items. :) thank you!!
  • TimevesselTimevessel Posts: 95 Member
    I thought I would mention one very important point about Hidden Springs, and that is the Premium item, Leon's Fountain of Youth. Being able to use it daily to keep from aging (if you don't want to use cheats/mods or if you don't have the points for the lifetime reward Age Freeze Potion) is a big plus. More than that, though, it is simply the most incredibly beautiful fountain (and natural looking) in the entire Sims 3 game, including all expansions, stuff packs and even store content. Hidden Springs is worth it just for that item alone. This is just my opinion, of course. I found Aurora Skies okay and the world of Hidden Springs okay, but as far as worlds go, my favorite is still Sunset Valley (with frequent trips abroad). I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I like both, though Aurora Skies gets my vote 1) because the premade sims there are beautiful and 2) my legacy family lives there right now lol.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I like both, though Aurora Skies gets my vote 1) because the premade sims there are beautiful and 2) my legacy family lives there right now lol.
    Aurora Skies is so tiny though.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    I don't have Aurora Skies yet (it's on my to do list as I love all the generation expansions and the child care career) but I absolutely adore Hidden Springs! It's a really beautiful world and you get an amazing new type of sim to play! I'd suggest that but then again I'm a little bias. Hope you manage to make up your mind :smile:
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I love both, but I favor AS because of the design of the homes and the town. I don't have any current games in AS, but I have one in HS.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I do want to just say one little thing, at least something I've seen in my game a few times, an odd glitch. I've done some research and found out that if you have the Leon's Fountain of Youth (an item that comes with the Hidden Springs world), and at the same use the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book O' Spells another store item, I would run into problems. By having both things set up in the same world, I would get this glitch where my sim when trying to use the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book O' Spells, would do a reset type of thing, and could never learn any of the spells from the Spell Book. So if I wanted to set up both in the same world, I would first make sure I had my sim learn all the spells first, that was my work around for that glitch. I'm only mentioning this because this way if you do end up with both of these premium contents, you'll know what's up.
  • PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    I prefer Hidden Springs mostly because most of the houses that I make by myself just really clashes with everything in Aurora Skies and it triggers my OCD. Other than that, both of them are fine.
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • rawrmaegansmilerawrmaegansmile Posts: 240 Member
    Hidden Springs is my favorite of the two. I dig the mountain lake vibe. It's also much bigger with more room to expand for a legacy.
    xoxo
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I bought Aurora Skies a few months back but I wasn't really playing sims that often and when I did I had a family I've been playing with for generations that I'd play instead. Recently I've been playing almost every day so I started playing with some pre-made sims in Aurora Skies (my first time playing with pre-mades) and I absolutely love it !! I am definitely saving my sim points for Hidden Springs but I just love the way that town looks as well.