Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish the Sims Medieval got another chance

I don't know how many actually know /care about it, but it's got so much potential for a sandbox medieval style Sims game. The original is a quest based game that is really fun, but has so much potential. Any one else things The sims Medieval 2 deserves a chance?

Comments

• bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    I haven't actually played the game yet, but it looks awesome! My family's full of history buffs, so medieval always gets me excited.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I would love for this game to be reworked into a new creation. Heck, I would be happy with an expansion with a new town layout and separate questing options for each level instead of wash, rinse, repeat over and over. I would get half way through the ambition tree and want to kill all my sims out of frustration that the quests never changed, the town never changed and each ambition made you start at the beginning and do it all over again. As much as I love this game, I have to take it in small doses. Play 2-4 ambitions and go back to TS3 for at least 6 months until the game seems new again. But I think EA has decided it is too much of a niche category. As fast as they shut it down, the sales must have been dismal.

I would be happy with an expansion pack in the next open world iteration of Sims (please??) that has a medieval world. It would have to be after Pets, so transportation could include horses, but not the alternate reality of Dragon Valley where there were cars and modern buildings and concepts. surely they could put in a switch that disables most modes of transportation on this one world. The rest would primarily be text edits.
    Most careers would just be re-labeled - writer is a scribe, doctor is a chirurgeon, Police = Sherriff, Political career = lord/prince/king. Musician is a Bard, Business career is the Merchant track. Two new careers introduced with this EP would be Blacksmith and Cleric. Neither should be a rabbit hole.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    I love the sims medieval game. if I could build in the game I am sure I would still be playing the game. The game had no way to make the homes larger as far as I know. but I still had fun. Did all the quest and now on free play. If they made Sims Medieval 2, I would buy it today.

I think Sims Medieval 2 would be a great on-line game for the Sims
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • FereldanCherryFereldanCherry Posts: 291 Member
    Me too, I would love something medieval-themed for the sims. Big fan.
    The Fox And The Lion (Chapter 1 - The Introduction): https://fereldencherry.tumblr.com/tagged/tfatl1/chrono
  • AnnikinAnnikin Posts: 9 New Member
    I am also a fan of Sims Medieval :smile: I would love it if EA made a sequel but I'm don't think that'll be likely
    I would like to see them Make Sims Medieval and on-line game.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I had a great time with the original and would be game for a remake. I didn't hang out on these forums at the time and was surprised that there were complaints. Yeah, there were definitely limitations in comparison with the "main" sims series but I liked it a lot. I liked the thoroughness with which they explored various medieval roles including things like religious schisms.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    I have the game. It isn't my cup of tea, I wouldn't most likely appreciate another medieval series, but if it makes most other players happy I'm here for it :)
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
    > @joseandchocolate said:
    > I have the game. It isn't my cup of tea, I wouldn't most likely appreciate another medieval series, but if it makes most other players happy I'm here for it :)

You did buy the game right, So why did you buy it?
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    > @joseandchocolate said:
    > I have the game. It isn't my cup of tea, I wouldn't most likely appreciate another medieval series, but if it makes most other players happy I'm here for it :)

You did buy the game right, So why did you buy it?

It came out in 2011, I don't think I'm allowed to display my age but I was very little lol. I just wanted to play Sims, but regardless I still buy packs for TS4 even if I don't like them, just for support xx
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
    haha, you were too young to play in 2011 and now you're old enough to support something lol. You're a sweet kid. I just got the pack myself this year.
  • XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    Me too... I was so excited when they came with this game. I bought it instantly. I was so bummed when I wasn't able to complete levels because of bugs in certain Quests. I waited for bugfixes, but as i far as I know they never came.
  • 24Lunaa24Lunaa Posts: 62 Member
    I'd love more build objects that are medieval based; it'd be really helpful in historic builds! But more than anything I think sims should have dragons. Little dragons as pets. Larger dragons as a transportation method. I realize that this looses its effect in a non-open world, but it'd still be amazing!
    Gallery ID: 24Luna
    Check Out My Gallery!

• Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I haven't played Medieval, but I like the aesthetics of that game. I do want to get it eventually. I would really like a medieval type game base on sims 3 type mechanics and open world. Instead of cars and taxis, horses and carts/carriages and medieval type jobs and such.
    edited August 2017
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    I haven't played Medieval, but I like the aesthetics of that game. I do want to get it eventually. I would really like a medieval type game base on sims 3 type mechanics and open world. Instead of cars and taxis, horses and carts/carriages and medieval type jobs and such.

Sims Medieval does have an open world, you can and will walk every place you go, it does not matter how far. and it's no horses, no carts, no carriages. but it's a beautiful world. if they had just added carriages at lease for the king or queen that would have been nice. because they have a lot to do.

Whats needed is the ability to make the rooms or homes larger, you can not even make it one foot larger. you for the most part only get one room to live in with your whole family, so your kids are in your room and the cooking area and the table to eat on.

I should add whats fun, it's full of drama if you love drama. it's so full of surprising drama, and do not even try to cheat on a no good partner lol the town will all go crazy. so if you love drama try that part.

You only can control one person per household.
    And they do not allow you any help from the family, not even for cooking or to care for the kids.
    Say like if you're the hero chosen for the quest, well you do have babies with your chosen wife but after the birth of the child she does not care for the baby or even care, nor does she take care of her other kids.the mother stays gone all day only to return and eat and sleep then back up early before the family wakes and leaves the home.

In spite of this... Sims Medieval is a game full of quest that I did enjoy every aspect of it. so all and all its a fun game. and I would love to see Sims Medieval 2, I would buy it. The fun can only get better.

So if you love quest, grab the game it will give you hours and hours of fun playing all the quest, even though I have done most all of the quest and I am now on free play. so it's like a no stress game no quest. But if I wanted to I could start doing a new quest.

I do believe that Windenburg in Sims 4 is very Medieval in the town areas, and if you add all medieval homes, you could play medieval their easy. you just need the packs that have the medieval clothes. one drawback is no Medieval marketplace in Windenburg, That you have to become a bit creative and make your own, and it can be done. :)
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited August 2017
    @Stormsview thank you for your insight. :) I might try it, although kinda bummed about not being able to expand one's home. One of my favorite things to do in game is build homes.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I would 100% buy a sims medieval 2, especially if they improved upon the previous game. It's limiting that you can't build and that you can only work within one world (and can't even really customize your kingdom much). The lack of aging and generations also is really limiting. If they made it a little more like the regular sims, but still medieval, I'd probably play it even more than regular sims!
  • nelly_stardustnelly_stardust Posts: 10 New Member
    I play a medieval-themed game in The Sims 2, full of loads of custom content (including quite a lot of objects that are converted from Sims Medieval) because I love that aesthetic and that feel.

I've really enjoyed the Sims Medieval whenever I get back to it, but like other people have mentioned it gets really repetitive. I felt like I wasn't really being rewarded in any way for progressing through the levels - the quests had a lot of the same actions and requirements. And I remember getting excited when one of my Sims was given the chance to leave the current kingdom and start his own - I thought it would take me to a brand new map, but no, it was the same old one.

The world was incredible at first, but it's actually pretty limiting when you play it for too long. I would have loved it if the surrounding kingdoms and territories were accessible maps, to expand the world. And I would have loved to have more of a sandbox feel, being able to design the layout of the homes and raise families that went through generations like the other games.

All in all, I think they had a really good concept but didn't really flesh it out, and then because it didn't do very well they probably won't consider trying again even though I think it'd be really popular if they did a better job of it.

Instead I'll just keep playing my medieval-themed legacy games in the Sims 2 :smiley:
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    nelly_stardust. You might be right. But for me to see the game needs to be repetitive for completing some ambitions like ex. Hard Workers. But in fact every quest you finish makes new quests to chose from, and every territory you unlock does the same. furthermore you get all the special guild/pirate war-quests, too. I for one keep getting new quests, I never had before. It is enough "fleshed out" for me.
  • candlesundaecandlesundae Posts: 38 Member
    I really like the Sims Medieval! It always seems so fun, because it's quite different from the rest of the sims series!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I spent many happy hours playing Sims Medieval. I loved the quests, and that the stories had a beginning, a middle, and an end. The more adult situations. Plus, all the in-jokes.
    I don't need another pack. I want Sims Medieval with the look of Sims 4.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wish there was a new pack, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I don't know how many actually know /care about it, but it's got so much potential for a sandbox medieval style Sims game. The original is a quest based game that is really fun, but has so much potential. Any one else things The sims Medieval 2 deserves a chance?

I loved the potential of it, but couldn't get into the game itself.
    It seemed like it tried to blend The Sims with with an RPG without bringing the best of either genre.
    I would love for them to try it again, but make it a proper Sims game set in a Medieval setting next time.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    EmRoo102 wrote: »
    I really like the Sims Medieval! It always seems so fun, because it's quite different from the rest of the sims series!

Yep, there is a lot of really funny comments, both from the sims themselves and from the game upon finishing the quests, like these ones. :smiley:
    CiQnOE6.jpg
    ur5kpir.jpg
  • SterreJanaSterreJana Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to have another kind of historic sims game, maybe even that you can start in stone-age or whatever time you want and start with a family then and keep playing through the centuries as one big legacy challenge! That would be PERFECT! And also make sure that the clothes are acurate for the time you are playing in and if you'd choose an outfit that is not acurate for that time then other in-game sims would react shocked to that or something! Really keep hoping something like that would come!