Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay experiment: Homeless toddler

Comments

• BunnyhoppyBunnyhoppy Posts: 78 Member
    I love this story.
  • ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    loved every second of this!! Bravo!
    i agree with you on the parents being linked, i HATE this feature/bug?
    a sim i have now started a relationship with Arun beedha (spelling?) in the spice district
    and he moved in with her and took his baby daughter, now his ex wife comes EVERYWHERE
    and right into my locked apartment and never leaves. So we moved to willow creek into a house,
    SHE STILL COMES INSIDE. It seems the game links parents to their children and that parent can
    just waltz in whenever they want.
    you're ele-phantastic
  • damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I am so glad to know about the parent link BEFORE I started a story for my single sim. I was going to have her get pregnant by a "see ya bye!" type of guy, then have her be with the one sim she's really interested in. But now, knowing that the "see ya bye!" guy really won't stay gone, I've changed my story. I'm sorry it's happening to the rest of you, though. :/ I'm also LOVING the story!! Can't wait to see what happens next!
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 2017
    I didn't have any trouble with this when I had a married sim cheat on his wife with the neighbor, resulting in twins. He never comes around.

Eta @damagedlostbroken I don't think you would have this problem if you had the man come to your sim and impregnate her. This seems to occur when you have parents have a child that are in the same household together, then move the child out.
  • Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    Loving this story. Ugh the parent bug, it's ruined 3 different storylines I had so much that I deleted the saves and gave up playing with the sims.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Amazing story, really intriguing
  • damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    I didn't have any trouble with this when I had a married sim cheat on his wife with the neighbor, resulting in twins. He never comes around.

Eta @damagedlostbroken I don't think you would have this problem if you had the man come to your sim and impregnate her. This seems to occur when you have parents have a child that are in the same household together, then move the child out.

Hmmm, what I have in mind then may work. I don't want her and this guy to live together, but I do have a plan for her to definitely move out of the apartment she's in now. Maybe I'll postpone her getting prego until she moves into her permanent home. Thank you for the tip, @SparklePlumley !
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited July 2017
    From my experience parent stalking only occurs if the toddler lives with neither one of their biological parents. As long as either mother or father are present, the other won't stalk (but come knocking, depending on relationship). I use MCCommand's "Tell sim to leave the lot" command now to whisk the stalker away, a function that also saved the (un)life of my vampires several times. You need the basic module and the cheat module for this.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, on with the story and reminding myself that this is "Homeless toddler gameplay experiment" and not "The days and lifes of the Baum family". So let's seperate the kiddo from any adult and drop him off somewhere!

- obsolete -
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
    Oh no I hope Izumi doesn't die an emotional death when she discovers he is gone! :o

And another cliffhanger :# Maybe I can hang on without falling till next time lol. Just dont make it too long ;)

The vacation shots are great btw B)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    What an amazing story! I really don't care much for stories, but this one has actually found its way into my mind. It's both heart warming and extremely sad! I really hope Izumi is going to be fine, and that Karl isn't too far away! Just hoping he's being curious, looking around and coming back to tell Izumi all about it
    edited July 2017
    Okay, today you might hate me, because... another cliffhanger incoming >:)

- obsolete -
  • Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    Don't do this to me. I love the story but hate the cliffhangers.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
    Would everyone be okay with longer chapters, but also longer waiting times in between?
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Anything you do is fine by me. It is a great story.
    I agree with Jackiejoy. I have Karl living with one of my families (just couldn't resist adding him to my game), they have a child his age. Dad is a sim I started out as a runaway teen, with only a plot of land and a bed, slowly working his way up. He met Cassandra Goth at school, and they are now married. Hope Karl will have a good home with them. Thank you for having him on the Gallery!
    Would everyone be okay with longer chapters, but also longer waiting times in between?

Yes, sure, that is fine. I mean, to have longer chapters, it will take longer to prepare them. Just don't make me wait like, a couple months, in between lol
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I agree with Jackiejoy. I have Karl living with one of my families (just couldn't resist adding him to my game), they have a child his age. Dad is a sim I started out as a runaway teen, with only a plot of land and a bed, slowly working his way up. He met Cassandra Goth at school, and they are now married. Hope Karl will have a good home with them. Thank you for having him on the Gallery!

Seems fate wants him to be Cassandra's son - after she almost became his stepmom in my game, it happened in yours :)
    I also like the idea of having a former runaway teen as his stepfather. Dad will be able to empathize with Karl, drawing on his own experiences.
    edited July 2017
    - obsolete -
    Such and awesome episode! Thanks :D

And yes, I think dad can relate to Karl too, in a way. I did play Shawn (dad) to have a rough start. He was harvesting, fishing and grilling on community lots to survive, showering only at the gym and so on. He could only interact with children and other teens. He wasn't allowed to have a house until young adulthood. There were many restrictions to what he could do. It did take time, and it was quite challenging, but very fun :)
    That Wyatt Holiday is one good looking Sim! I am assuming Izumi was ok after all? Since she is in the vacation pics? Or will that be answered next time?
    edited June 2017
    Yes, Izumi is okay :) I imagine she's at the beginning of elderhood, like perhaps 65? So she feels the old bones creaking and must rest more often, but otherwise she's still going strong.

I can upload Wyatt for you and throw in his father and half-sisters to experiment with.
    They are in the gallery now, household name Wyatt Holiday.
    Yes, Izumi is okay :) I imagine she's at the beginning of elderhood, like perhaps 65? So she feels the old bones creaking and must rest more often, but otherwise she's still going strong.

I can upload Wyatt for you and throw in his father and half-sisters to experiment with.
    They are in the gallery now, household name Wyatt Holiday.

Great thanks! I'll definitely be downloading them. Might be a few days tho :'( I dont have an internet connection at home for my laptop. I use my phone for the forums. I live way up in some mountains. Gotta come down out of them to connect to the world. But as soon as I do, they will be a welcome addition!
    In case you want to browse for builds or sims, can your phone access the gallery page?

https://www.thesims.com/de_DE/gallery
    (It alsways redirects me to DE, no idea how you get to US, sorry)

You can mark the items you want from there and they'll be in your library the next time you open the game. I don't know how hard this is on volume limit, though, as I don't own a smartphone.

In case you want to browse for builds or sims, can your phone access the gallery page?

You can mark the items you want from there and they'll be in your library the next time you open the game. I don't know how hard this is on volume limit, though, as I don't own a smartphone.

Oh wow thanks! I had no idea I could do that! There is a little flag in the upper corner of the page to change country.
    That saves me a lot of time. Usually i dont get much time to browse around when I get a connection! Thanks a bunch!
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member

Oh wow thanks! I had no idea I could do that! There is a little flag in the upper corner of the page to change country.
    That saves me a lot of time. Usually i dont get much time to browse around when I get a connection! Thanks a bunch!

Another way is to replace de_DE with en_US. This I think changes it temporarily.

I haven't commented yet, but I ADORE your story! It's so creative! I've seen many homeless sims stories (thinking of Alice and Kev) but never one with a toddler!

170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!